Gone, Not Forgotten. Watches that you no longer own…

What about that Gold GP you released 😗

Yes, that one does qualify... 😁

GPHFce2.jpg

I sometimes miss my old Seiko 7a28-6000 "Bishop" that I sold too cheaply a few years back. Pretty badly beaten up but fully original and working like a charm. Rarely see them for sale outside Japan now, and then often with broken pushers or missing the bracelet.
s-l1600-4-jpg.1131121
s-l1600-6-jpg.1131124

Do you mind if I ask what reference this is? Wow!

Thank you. The reference numbers varied from market to market, but as you may know, the GP High-Frequency Chronometers compiled an extremely impressive performances in the Neuchâtel Observatory in the late '60s/early '70s. In 1970, these movements took the first five places in the competition!

GPad17.jpg

IMG_3581.png ... Alice in Wonderland ...

IMG_4412_lady.png
Well of all things. Another one showed up on the bay last week. Just arrived.

I see it is mirror of the one I lost. Took over a year, but persistence paid off. These Lucern watches are not uncommon, but not with this image.

Very Alice In wonderland.

The case on this is even looser that the one that was loose that I lost.

I sold my Speedy Tuesday after seven months...don't ask me why. 18 months later I noticed that the buyer had sold it on eBay and had scratched the lugs up. WHAT HAVE I DONE?

upload_2024-4-2_23-5-37.png

Ended up selling the FF because I lost a fair amount of weight and the watch was just too large for my wrist, and I really wanted it on a bracelet, which I could never find on the used market. I now learn Blancpain makes it in 42, but unfortunately the price is so high.

The meteorite was sold because I couldn't get over the very slight haze the sapphire crystal created to cover that very beautiful dials. In retrospect, I should have bought a hesalite case and transferred movement and dial to that case. It would have then been the best ever limited edition Speedmasters.

1000008244.jpg 1000008245.jpg

Gone but not forgotten... My Swatch Scuba 200 from 1992 which I wore on my first trip overseas at the age of 12. We sailed around the Great Barrier Reef with my father at the helm. At the end of the trip we stayed a few days at a fancy hotel on Hamilton Island and I took my prized diver off after getting out of the pool and then got in again... on my return it was gone... I've never forgiven Australia for this injustice...