Forums Latest Members
  1. meganfox17 Feb 16, 2016

Yes Guys !
    The Globemaster MC in the sunburst blue dial is absolutely Stunning & Gorgeous when seen in the flesh with the naked eyes. Do not be fooled by this picture using only a cheap smartphone.
    My cousin who was incidently in the Omega boutique in Singapore together with some Real Pro Photographers were flashing away their cameras during a visit by some VVIPs who were inspecting the latest timepieces

[​IMG]

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  2. Riviera Paradise Feb 17, 2016

Dear Megan...I now Fully Understand your Passion for this Watch:thumbsup::) Your Capital Letters are Completely Justified. I feel an obligation to update the IWC 3239 vs Globemaster thread...there is no way that the IWC comes even close to this beauty...and the new Globemaster bracelet nailed it for me...I see no justification purchasing a 3239, even with the Genta integrated design bracelet, if a Globemaster is on your shortlist. You always have to wait until Basel 2016 before making final judgements, but right now..I strongly believe that this is the classiest modern timepiece design you can purchase for US$7-8K range. With all due respect to the Rollie lovers, beyond the traditional branding & resale factor, I would found it difficult for anyone to choose a SS Datejust over this specific Globemaster. I am struggling everyday not go back to the Omega boutique and purchase it...the temptation to buy is becoming unbearable...meditation, slow breathing have not worked...but I will try to hold fast and wait to pull the trigger until the last week of March:(

Gavlin, Longbow and meganfox17 like this.
  3. meganfox17 Feb 17, 2016

Monsieur Riviera
    Same Here..
    Yup. Need to wait till after BaselWorld. I told My Old Friend Mr Tai who will be going to BaselWorld ( Ex GM for Omega boutiques Msia) now Vice President of CK South East Asia) to take some nice pictures of all Omega new models. I will paste them on the Omega Forum. But my mind is made Up. I will be purchasing My 1st Connie 013030392103001 once i have the cash. The Watch is already Booked under my name & kept in the Omega Boutique vault !
    ( I believe it would still be the cheapest of the MCs ! ) Ha6x!

Gavlin likes this.
  4. Riviera Paradise Feb 17, 2016

Wow, Megan that will be a great contribution indeed:). Thank Mr Tai in advance:thumbsup:.

Ref. your "imminent" trigger on the Connie...it does not matter whether it is the "cheapest" of the MCs...I am sure you well wear it with great style and that it will look refined, elegant...and also very expensive on your wrist;) Do post some pictures as soon as you conquer this "watch goal":)

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. maxtor71 Feb 17, 2016

Did someone call for Globemaster pictures [emoji6]? I promise you, these pictures don't do the Globemaster justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Max

Giff2577, off, davidswiss and 7 others like this.
  6. Riviera Paradise Feb 17, 2016

Wow Max, unfortunately I cannot register multiple likes:)..amazing, truly amazing pictures, probably some of the best I have ever seen of the Globemaster in the wild....thank you...I think?...the only issue is that I had actually managed to contain my desire to purchase this beauty this week...a civil war is raging in my mind right now (to buy or not to buy before Basel 2016 and my first Grand Seiko boutique visit)...every photo I see of this watch generates new emotional instability:)

rominvicta and meganfox17 like this.
  7. maxtor71 Feb 17, 2016

Thanks for the kind words @Riviera Paradise - I'm more than happy with just the one like :). The Globemaster is one of those watches that looks great even in the lousy boutique lighting and drop dead gorgeous in natural light.

I got to spend some time with one of the top guys at Omega recently, the Sedna gold Globemaster belongs to him. Lets just say that Omega has a lot of new and interesting watches coming at BaselWorld 2016. I suspect your decision is only going to get harder,f if you do end up waiting ;).

Max

meganfox17 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  8. meganfox17 Feb 17, 2016

Like WoooWW!!! and The Grammy Award for the Best Globemaster MC photographs goes to Max...

Gavlin, maxtor71 and Riviera Paradise like this.
  9. maxtor71 Feb 19, 2016

Thanks for the kind words @meganfox17 :)

Max

meganfox17 likes this.
  10. Texas_Tom Feb 19, 2016

What a stunning looking watch with the bevel and the blue, Oh My.
    I have been looking at a dressier watch, and have my eye on the AT Skyfall Midsize 39mm, and the New Rolex OP in Blue at 39mm. Is this considered in the same category as those two contenders?

11. Riviera Paradise Feb 19, 2016

@texas_tom I would say the Globemaster is a step up from those two....more at the Rolex DateJust 2 Level. Personally I think the Globemaster a much more coherent, modern and overall beautiful design than the Datejust 2, which looks a bit "dated" when you see the two side-by-side.

In terms of technology, at this moment in time, the Globemaster and AT (if Master Co-Axial) is a level up from the OP or Datejust. I also consider the Globemaster bracelet to be superior to the AT bracelet.

I would certainly try on all three models you are considering before making your final decision. The new Rolex OP39mm is a great option at its price range, but if you want a watch that you will not feel the need to "flip and upgrade" in the future...the Globemaster would be the best option in your selection. With a Globemaster and a good luxury sports/casual watch, you should have most of your bases covered.;)

Edited Feb 19, 2016
    meganfox17 likes this.
  12. demollo Feb 19, 2016

I absolutely love the new Globemaster. Awesome pics everyone. I cant wait to try one on.

Riviera Paradise and meganfox17 like this.
  13. meganfox17 Feb 19, 2016

Hi Texas Tom ,
    Are You like the Texas Ranger Chuck Norris or someone like that ...?

And Is it like...really true that the 5 Major Texan Food Group are Steak , Fried Chicken Steak , Tacos, Mexican food & BBQ ?
    Ha66x..! ! ..Seriously...Is anyone there ..at all ..a pure Vegetarian ?

Monsieur Riviera Paradise & I are " Hell Bent " on actually owning the Globemaster MC Blue Sunburst Dial so we are rather Bias. However...Monsieur Riviera is technically very knowledgable & i suggest you take his points seriously.
    Me ? It's an Intense Ultimate Experience of
    " Intellectual Pleasure "

A Watch is like A Woman. You know "She's the One" when you start DayDreaming & Having Sleepless Nights over Her....

Longbow and Riviera Paradise like this.
  14. Riviera Paradise Feb 19, 2016

LOL @meganfox17 - or as you would put it...Ha67x!!!.

...But...we should not forget that Texas is the state where NASA Houston Mission Control is located...a center of drama for the Apollo missions where many Omega Speedmasters won their claim to fame....respect for the Lone Star State is due...it is "Omega country" as well.;)

BTW thanks for the technical praise...however, Monsieur Riviera is still very much on a learning curved compared to many established posters on this forum... I would say I have reached at most 1% of @Archer ´s know-how, for example. Considering my "old age", I fear my neurons will start to fail in the coming years...so I might never pass the 2% mark in the future before starting a downhill trend...c´est la vie...sigh...

PS. Megan...you are relentless....how do manage to keep posting these funny comments all the time...do you have some energy drink being dripped into your vein? Ha68x!!!...:D

meganfox17 likes this.
  15. Texas_Tom Feb 19, 2016

Bwahahahaha you both are great! Texas is a VERY big state and there are lots of different cultures and personalities. However, yes actually those are the base foods for most people :) Me personally I belong in San Diego, but I am trapped in this place for work :)

I will take my horse and buggy "into Towan" and pull up to the nearest feed store and have me a gander at the Blue Connie at the Omega dealer in the Galleria. Very much looking forward to having my first glimpse of a Pie Pan, I have actually never looked twice at the line, much to my chagrin.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  16. Riviera Paradise Feb 19, 2016

LOL

Sometimes when I am passing through Houston...I like to stay at one of the Westin hotels which connect direct to the Galleria.....a location which can be considered the "birth" of my watch collection....my first watch...a Breitling...was purchased from a Galleria AD on the second floor!

Edited an incorrect expression for the origin of my watch collection, which might be misunderstood::facepalm1::

Edited Feb 20, 2016
    meganfox17 likes this.
  17. meganfox17 Feb 19, 2016

Dear Monsieur Riviera,

Triple Shots Of Expressos , Energy Drinks , More Caffeine.....

Seriously...Honestly...i want The Omega Forum to be the Best Modern & Vintage Omega Watch Discussion...like... Ever.....Yes...like...Beating the Crap of the likes of Rolex & other Branded watches , Watchuseek etc... They are all undeniably Superb Forums ...but can they offer something extra..?
    Bring It On Guys....!!!
    I will try to make the threads as interesting ..as lively as possible .People like The "Master" Archer, Monsieur Riviera & many other amazingly talented gifted forum readers can provide the technical know hows , infos , ideas .
    Me ?....i'm just the Court's Jester clowning around is what i do Best !

I just want people to smile & laugh ! Make People Believe in themselves... Falling Head Over Heels in Love with "Omega Timepieces... !"

Longbow and Riviera Paradise like this.
  18. Riviera Paradise Feb 20, 2016

Wow!!! I do believe we have our first official pop star/future celebrity taking part in the forum;)....I want an autograph now....before you become super famous A-list material:)

Longbow and meganfox17 like this.
  19. Longbow Feb 20, 2016

Interesting how many people are saying that the Globemaster looks better live than in any photos. I 100% agree!

I had the great fortune to be invited to the formal presentation of the (almost full) Globemaster collection last Thursday at the Hamburg Boutique. Like many others I took plenty of photos, but the trick seems to be video. A little bit of movement and that oh so controversial bezel suddenly looks, well, I wanted to say stunning but that seems somehow inadequate. It really doesn't matter if the case is steel or Gold, the bezels all shimmer and flash and change shade with every slight movement. No wonder a still photo doesn't capture what's going on here.

The nice thing about such an event is not just the chance to experience some great watches, but also the opportunity to get to meet some of the Omega management. These folks aren't your usual clueless Dilbert-style administrators, you really get to feel the passion they have for their company and products and more importantly make their customers feel like members of the family, regardless of how wealthy of poor they seem. I particularly enjoyed my conversations with Mattias Vielhaber (Retail & Sales Manager Germany) and Julian Lichtsteiner (Area Sales Manager from Bienne, Switzerland), not to forget the other great staff members at the Neuer Wall Store. Many other companies would do well to study these folks approach to customer relations.

If I can figure out how to upload some videos I will post a few shortly. But first perhaps some non-wrist shots that you don't see every day.

The case.JPG The dial.JPG The bezel.JPG
    Edited Feb 20, 2016
    iatacs19, Giff2577, cicindela and 2 others like this.
  20. Longbow Feb 20, 2016

A few imperfect wrist shots

IMG_1903.JPG Blue Dial Steel on Leather 1.JPG Gold on Leather.JPG A bit special.png
    phubbard, Giff2577, cicindela and 7 others like this.