Gallet Flight Officer - Mk2 - Black Dial

Today I’m selling this beautiful Gallet Flight Officer chronograph from around 1960. The Flight Officer model was of course made famous after its introduction at the end of the 1930’s as being the watch of choice for many years by President Harry Truman during the Second World War. During this period it was also worn by many American and British aircrew. Mine is the later Mk.2 version with the larger 36.5mm case size.

006.JPG

The black two register dial has original tritium lumed hands and arabic hour markers which have developed a charming and even patina. A world cities outer track, with the cities listed by time zone in red and black.

001.JPG

005.JPG

The 36.5mm steel case is in very good shape for its age, a couple of light scratches and small nicks here and there but nothing that detracts the eye. It wears very well on the wrist with it’s chunky format. The original engraved and enamel filled rotating 12 hour bezel is razor sharp and smooth to the turn.

007.JPG

009.JPG

The movement is a Landeron 149 with 30 minute counter. It is running well, winding and setting very smoothly with the chronograph function operating as it should and the pushers giving a crisp reset. The watch has been serviced in 2017 and it has been seldomly used since then.

0210.JPG

00204.JPG

0213.JPG

I’ve fitted this to a reddish brown leather band which looks perfect having just the right fit and feel for this watch and matching the cities chapter ring well. The rivet bracelet in the last picture can be discussed.

004.JPG

0216.JPG

€4750 net to me will include worldwide Track & Trace shipping. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal for well established forum members only.

Any question?...Just ask! 😀
Edited: