Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

A bit late for a snack but you guys deserve a bacon buttie.

IMG_3705.JPG

You'll have to share though. Half each.

IMG_3707.JPG

Like 6

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG
You know I鈥檓 vegetarian mate, and Trev has turned into a full on beefcake these days so he doesn鈥檛 eat any carbs lol

Like 1
Whereabouts is the dark theme setting? I'm on Windows with OS & apps set to dark mode but it's light mode for me in Chrome. Can't see anywhere to manually set it.

Have to say my initial reaction is it's a bit harder to read, feels claustrophobic with much less space between elements - but will give it some time to adjust. Do really like the new notification menu functionality.
Dark mode has been left as a perk for Tier 2 members at the moment, but we also didn't want to roll it out site-wide as it hasn't had as much testing.

Re: spacing between elements, we were aiming for higher information density and a bit less scrolling. If you find it's too much in specific areas just let us know where. We're happy to re-assess and keep tweaking.

We have a lot of flexibility now in what we can do, but also how quickly we can roll-out updates.

Like 3
Adding the latest price information is a great feature. Thanks for this. IMG_4476.jpeg

Like 2

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG
We started this morning and it's almost dinner time now. That made me so hungry

Haha 1
Adding the latest price information is a great feature. Thanks for this. IMG_4476.jpeg
If you view member profiles you can also see ALL the watches they currently have for sale, and all their sold listings too now!

IMG_0718.jpeg

Like 7
Wow 1
Dark mode has been left as a perk for Tier 2 members at the moment, but we also didn't want to roll it out site-wide as it hasn't had as much testing.

Fair enough!

Re: spacing between elements, we were aiming for higher information density and a bit less scrolling. If you find it's too much in specific areas just let us know where. We're happy to re-assess and keep tweaking.

Also fair enough. It's not terrible or anything, and as a browser user I haven't factored mobile applicability into my line of thinking. I'd personally like a little bit more padding between comments, there's a bit of a feeling when I open a thread with a handful of new comments that it's just a big wall of text. But as mentioned, it may grow on me and it is a bit of a nitpick anyway, it's hardly bad.

One slightly more tangible bit of constructive feedback I'm noticing from Scarecrow Boat's posts (Sorry mate!) is that huge images could do with a possible auto size down, or if that's already happening, perhaps it could happen a bit more. Dunno if that's just happening because they are portrait screenshots but it's a bit full on having to scroll through these. A default to a smaller size with ability to click for full size would be welcomed.

But I realise the irony in making two feedback comments, one saying "add more padding" and the other saying "I'm scrolling too much!" heh. And anyway, this feedback is minor and subjective. Functionally, no problems yet, and I can already see some quality of life improvements - great work guys!

Like 1
As someone who used to work in digital UX/product, I know how much users can hate change, but I must say that I'm very much liking the upgrade so far! Great job!

Like 1

I agree, can you please add CHF 馃嚚馃嚟馃槉?

I agree, can you please add CHF 馃嚚馃嚟馃槉?
Yep, done.

light mode for me in Chrome
Try setting this via url chrome://flags if you want dark mode

1724399060994.png

You had me at New Emojis
:cool:
:rolleyes:
:cautious:::love:::馃嵖::馃嵖:::shy::::rimshot::::stirthepot::
:D
Exactly! Me too :)

Fancy... Fancy facelift. Well done and most importantly, thank you so much for your constant support in creating such community.

Maybe, it is also time for me to get a facelift 馃

Like 1
Haha 1
Exactly! Me too :)

Fancy... Fancy facelift. Well done and most importantly, thank you so much for your constant support in creating such community.

Maybe, it is also time for me to get a facelift 馃
There's native device emoji support now, so... it's all of them, for better or worse. 馃

Like 1
Wow 1