Fri 23rd August - Major Forum Software Upgrade & Scheduled Downtime

The refreshed site on mobile is a lifesaver, so much more responsive, pages properly optimized and not to mention that search is great. Did bookmarks exist before or am I such a noob that I missed that feature? I was bookmarking the threads on my browser. Thanks to everyone involved!

The refreshed site on mobile is a lifesaver, so much more responsive, pages properly optimized and not to mention that search is great. Did bookmarks exist before or am I such a noob that I missed that feature? I was bookmarking the threads on my browser. Thanks to everyone involved!
Yea people will be finding new things for a long time, we don’t have a full list of changed but just to mention another few off the top of my head:

Support for .webp format images
Support for large photos of latest iPhones and other models
Recommended similar threads at the bottom of each thread based on most likely matching context
Support for unique thread types including polls
The ability to save / bookmark specific private message threads

And many, many more. I think the only thing we didn’t re-make from scratch is the logo, even the forum icons are all new and hand-edited by @Trev

I'll plan to mow my lawn while all this is happening.....
Always a good reason to get the speedy out the drawer…

Yea people will be finding new things for a long time, we don’t have a full list of changed but just to mention another few off the top of my head:

Support for .webp format images
Support for large photos of latest iPhones and other models
Recommended similar threads at the bottom of each thread based on most likely matching context
Support for unique thread types including polls
The ability to save / bookmark specific private message threads

And many, many more. I think the only thing we didn’t re-make from scratch is the logo, even the forum icons are all new and hand-edited by @Trev

Does that mean higher resolution photos are now allowed? Also, i noticed that if you mark an item FSOT, it does not appear under for sale items on your public profile.

Does that mean higher resolution photos are now allowed? Also, i noticed that if you mark an item FSOT, it does not appear under for sale items on your public profile.
FSOT should appear under a separate category for FSOT, and yep higher res photos are allowed

Thanks for all the hard work guys, looks and works great on W 365 with Edge.

Nice upgrades! Though I am a bit miffed to have lost my favorite emoji...😁

Nice upgrades! Though I am a bit miffed to have lost my favorite emoji...😁
I’m sure you’ll find one you like just as much mate 😀

Firstly, thank you for all the work you do on the site.

Is the unread threads now with bold black titles rather than red an intentional move or is there a glitch with using the new site on apple products? (phone and laptop)

A suggestion: how about a simple (color) identifier for vintage (pre-1980?) watches on the Sales forum? That way people could scan quickly and easily focus on either vintage or (more) contemporary. Sellers would only have to click a "vintage" field to activate it.

Nice job! I especially like the new means to navigate between forums.

Looks great, and thank you for all your hard work.
One thing: Did I somehow miss the arrow that takes you back to the top of the page? Otherwise one has to scroll all the way back up in order to switch threads. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Familiar, but refreshed. It will take a little getting used to but overall...nice work!

The Similar Threads feature is really smart. Thanks for all these new toys 🥳

I like how compact the posts look now, and seems that threads load faster. Good job guys.

Well ... typically, I did not see that coming.

Overlooked this notification thread for two days.

I don't do change well.

Still, it's quite nice and expands the Omega Forums playground. Unlike other forums the changes made enhance and are easy to navigate.

Best run forum ever!

3c85feecb4eb52a4d69ef0891cfbc495a1da7174.png

The new site is amazing, thanks so much. I can now see when someone quotes my comments with ease.