Forums Latest Members
  1. marco Nov 22, 2020

This is the reply I received from Forstner about fitting a flatlink to a 2998.5.

Date: Sat, 17 Oct. 2020, 09:59
    Subject: Re: Flat link for 2998.5

Actually my UK distributor tested it on a vintage 2998 and it fit great!

Gourdin Sirles
    Forstnerbands.com

wrote:
    Hi there,
    I have ascertained the beautiful flat link will fit my SM 300 (1966) now I am wondering if I also order a pair of 19mm end pieces will I be able to use it on my Speedmaster 2998.5 ?
    I have been looking on Omega forums and can't any mention of this combination.
    If not currently possible it might be an avenue for you to explore.

Thanks for your attention to this query.

Best Marco.

Edited Nov 23, 2020
  2. smuggled_sheep Nov 23, 2020

Yes. Its a very comfortable bracelet. Im curious how the 18mm will fit a speedy? It relly stands to the name Komfit.

3. llhh Nov 23, 2020

Shouldn't be a problem. Have been wearing it daily for 2 months now and no problems whatsoever. I can't really imagine it scratching any more than Omega bracelets.

Ultraslan82 likes this.
  4. Ultraslan82 Nov 23, 2020

Thanks. Just for anyone who's interested. I talked to omega support and whether the 321 bracelet can be ordered and would fit the FOIS. Apparently they plan to allow separate purchases of the bracelet in the future but the bracelet will not fit the FOIS due to slight differences in the placement of the spring bar holes.

5. texasmade Nov 23, 2020

What's the point of allowing a purchase of a 321 bracelet if it doesn't fit anything other than a SS321 which already comes with a bracelet?

6. Ultraslan82 Nov 23, 2020

Yeah I was disappointed myself. Especially since the dimensions of the Ed White and Fois are very close. Could be that they have other things in the pipeline. Speedmaster update rumours have been around for a while.

7. zwjk Dec 17, 2020

Just a quick heads up - the polished/brushed flat link is now back in stock after two months.

Just ordered mine and can’t wait to try it :)

Candle00 likes this.
  8. Ahvera Dec 17, 2020

Did you talk to Omega support in the US or elsewhere? The US operation in New Jersey always seems a little uncooperative with respect to information like that. I saw a post somewhat recently showing that the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary bracelet can be put on older Speedmaster Pros using the 20mm Forstner end links. So, perhaps it will be possible to use 19mm Forstner end links to adapt the new SS321 bracelet for the FOIS. Did the Omega support people give any indication of when the SS321 bracelet might become available?

9. Ultraslan82 Dec 22, 2020

I talked to Omega in Europe. Hmm. Yeah, changing the endlinks might actually work. A pity that there is no official bracelet for the FOIS. But, I've ordered the forstner flat link in the meantime. Possibly the closest bracelet to the 321. I can highly recommend it for the price. Haven't taken it off ever since.

smuggled_sheep, maximus123 and Pazzo like this.
  10. lexieb007 Jan 23, 2021

Does the straight endllink Forster wear any smaller than the horn head band? Thanks !

11. Pazzo Jan 23, 2021

I guess, you're asking about the mesh type of bracelet and if that is so, the end links are spring loaded.
    The narrow version will fit lugs ranging from 18mm to 20mm.
    If I remember correctly, the end links can even go down to 16mm.

12. Ares90 Jan 24, 2021

Any straight endllink owner could report if some scratching/wearing is visible after some months of use? Did you use circolar sticker provided by Forstner to avoid them? If yes, are they durable or tend to peel off?
    Many thanks to whom will reply!
    I really love the komfit bracelet, from my perspective the only concern is relative to this possible issue. When I flip the oem bracelet with nato I tend to be very carefully in order to avoid any kind of scratches.

MartinAir likes this.
  13. amcclell Jan 24, 2021

I don't use them, as they were a nuisance to fiddle with. I don't think they would last long if you are switching back and forth between bracelets. I am very careful and with occasional wear of the stainless steel watches that I use mine with, there has been next to no wear between the lugs. If it is on a watch worn everyday, for a number of years, I would expect some wear as a result but the rubber protectors would not last.

20200524_120635.jpg

Edited Jan 24, 2021
  14. Hands90 Jan 24, 2021

No one is concerned here?
    I have a new Speedy and I owned this in the past (then sold) so I'm considering buying one again.
    Not sure if I want to risk it.

15. SkunkPrince Jan 24, 2021

Then don't. There is no reason to mimic something some astronauts did 60 or more years ago. Get the flat link, perhaps.

16. Hands90 Jan 24, 2021

Does this only happen on the horned version?

17. SkunkPrince Jan 24, 2021

Anything with springs.

18. Ares90 Jan 25, 2021

I am...
    60 years ago astronauts used Speedys (which they don’t have to buy) as real tool watches. Nowadays things are slightly different for some of us.
    As has been said this issue could be occure with any type of spring load endlink. Flatlink is another type of bracelet.
    My two cents: considering most Speedys out there are Professional case (20 mm internal lugs distance) is it possibile to develope a “fixed” 20 mm tubular endlink? In this way bracelet will become specific for 20 mm models but the wearing/scrachting problem will not occur and at the same time comfort and wearability is maintend.

19. bazderome Jan 25, 2021

A fixed tubular endlink would cause the exact same kind of wear since it's the rotation around the springbar that make it. The only way would be to stop the possible rotation which you cannot do

20. Ares90 Jan 25, 2021

You’re right. Maybe without the constant pressure of the spring the effect is less severe. Do you think OEM mesh bracelet of the Seamaster NTTD will have same problem? I don’t know if they found something to avoid the rotation