Forums Latest Members
  1. SlCKB0Y Sep 18, 2020

Me too, I got my tracking number so should get it Monday or Tuesday.

split-time likes this.
  2. SlCKB0Y Sep 21, 2020

So my flat link arrived to me in Australia. I ordered on Friday morning and it got to me in Sydney at 3pm Monday.

[​IMG]

I’m reserving judgement at the moment as I need to play around with it some more.

Initial Impressions

1. It is a similar weight and “rattliness” as the Uncle Seiko (US), which is a good thing.
    2. The solid end links will need some sandpaper or a file as they are pretty unfinished on the edges and are a bit burred. They fit well though and the US end links needed some finishing as well. The end links are very easy to install and remove.
    3. The links do not articulate as freely as the US and they get stuck a bit. Hopefully these break in with use.
    4. Whilst the two 16mm Omega clasp covers I tried fit, they use a different locking mechanism and are not compatible. You might have more luck.
    5. I tried to undo a screw to fit the bracelet and it just rotates but does not screw out. The corresponding screw on the other side of the link also turns whilst this is happening. I’m guessing I need to get another driver and hold the second screw in place whilst I back the other one out? This is probably not easier to use than push pins. Instructions are not up on the website yet so I’m not sure.
    6. The stretch links seem to work well and are awesome.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 21, 2020
    Commisar and Pazzo like this.
  3. Pazzo Sep 21, 2020

Why would one change a Forstner's clasp cover in the first place? :confused:

Yes, my guess is that you would need another screwdriver to hold one end and turn the other.

4. Forstnerbands Sep 21, 2020

11mm
    Thanks for the first impressions! You’re correct about how the screw mechanism works - I need to add instructions on the site, but this is one of the common screw systems and I believe the type used on some of the OEM Omega bracelets. A little tricky I suppose but nice and secure :)

5. SlCKB0Y Sep 21, 2020

hi!

I’m having a bit of an issue and it’s happened twice. It’s with the first link next to the end link.

317B57D6-B265-48DB-BF18-1F0462A621E6.jpeg

If that link bends back on itself, the rounded inner part allows it to move far enough that it then gets locked in this position because the flat surface on the top of the link will not allow it to articulate back the other way to reverse the process.

the only way I can un-kink this is to remove the bracelet, take out the spring bar and separate the bracelet from the end link and then put it all back onto the watch. Either there is something wrong with my bracelet or else it would seem that the link right next to the end link needs to be rounded off on the outside surface instead of full flat so you can un-kink it without removing the bracelet.

Can you reproduce this issue at your end or is it just me?

Commisar likes this.
  6. Forstnerbands Sep 21, 2020

Interesting - shouldn’t stick like that, and it’s possible it just needs some breaking in. Pulling/jiggling it won’t unstick? If it got that way on its own I’d expect it could get out of that position without removing the end piece but please feel free to DM me so we can troubleshoot offline without clogging the thread. Of course, I’d replace any defective models.

Addressing the articulation issue, we made the tolerance between the end link and the bracelet tight by design so the bracelet would gradually drape around the wrist (thought it would be a nice touch). If you don’t like that feature, using narrower spring bars would make the pieces flow smoothly.

Edited Sep 21, 2020
  7. SlCKB0Y Sep 21, 2020

Hahaha. Why does this trigger you so badly? Look, here is my US1711 with an Omega clasp cover ::stirthepot::

2DAC7C83-38D2-4CB8-89AE-68FCF7177ABD.jpeg

marco and Risto like this.
  8. Pazzo Sep 21, 2020

It doesn't really but one "can" understand a change between a US clasp cover to an Omega one.
    But, to change a Forstner one is definitely a no go for me.

Hope you get your "issue" with the bracelet resolved quickly.

9. timestamp Sep 21, 2020

Received mine today ::love::

First off, really nice work, thanks. Looks & wears just right. The sweet spot between rattling vintage feel and solid construction. Love it.

EF87472D-68CB-4387-83F2-135302956CDA.jpeg

A suggestion for the next iteration - the one thing I feel is less than perfect are the inner clasp hinges sticking out from under the bracelet. My guess is it's because of a combination of a) very long hinges in relation to clasp cover b) quite a bit of sideways leeway because of the spring links. Far from a dealbreaker, though!

C9DFF53F-A7DC-40D1-9521-02285100E926.jpeg

10. Forstnerbands Sep 21, 2020

Thanks very much! Yeah I hear you on the backside of the clasp, it’s because of the stretchy links. That’s why we removed the stretchy links from in front of the clasp. But I see your point about shortening the folding part - only concern with doing that would be that it would be harder to fit around the hand to put it on - the part behind the clasp would bend due to the stretch links either way :) but so happy to hear you’re pleased and start seeing them in circulation! Thank you again!

timestamp likes this.
  11. Pazzo Sep 21, 2020

Did you shorten the bracelet by taking off any links?

12. timestamp Sep 21, 2020

No... that’s a 20cm wrist, I need them all :D

But the fine adjustment is in the third hole. The fit is not too loose, if that’s what you’re getting at.

Pazzo likes this.
  13. Pazzo Sep 21, 2020

No, not getting at that.
    It might depend from which side you used the third fine adjustment from.
    Is it the 6 or 12 o'clock side?
    Taking a link off, normally from the 6 o'clock side, helps centering the clasp towards the middle.
    But, I've not seen a Forstner's clasp when it's opened, so I can't really tell.

14. TLIGuy Sep 21, 2020

My Forstner bracelet just arrived and really love it after the first few minutes on the wrist. Removing a few links was a bit of effort and some online instructions on how to do it might be in order shortly. Other than that, no complaints and defiently better than shelling out the big bucks for an OEM flat link bracelet. End pieces fit like a champ too on the -78 case.

Well done @Forstnerbands

IMG_5280.jpeg

Edited Sep 21, 2020
    eugeneandresson likes this.
  15. Forstnerbands Sep 21, 2020

Thanks! Instructions are finally up - sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience!

16. MusignyB Sep 21, 2020

Got it installed on my 60th anniversary - love it. The end lugs did not fit on my 2998-4.

7D3E5373-4893-4D64-BC83-C31E3A6F84B8.jpeg D47ACF69-443B-472F-886F-2146F666A407.jpeg B69FBFD7-F78E-4AA4-815B-67B5715500A4.jpeg
  17. Forstnerbands Sep 21, 2020

How was the fitting process on the 60th? Was it a struggle to get it on or was it pretty seamless?

arcadelt likes this.
  18. MusignyB Sep 21, 2020

No struggle at all. End lugs slipped right on.

I did find resizing the bracelet to be a little bit of work - because you have to torque the screw on both end - but have the right tools, so didn't take too long.

I love my Komfit on the 60th - but am going to enjoy the flat link for a while. Definitely has the "feel" compared to the homage bracelet that came with the watch. Good job!

Forstnerbands and arcadelt like this.
  19. JwRosenthal Sep 21, 2020

I have a few modern bracelets with the screw links. It took me a few to figure them out at first, and you need more than 1 jewelers screwdriver in that size. The issue I have had (not specifically with this bracelet as I don't own one yet) was holding the bracelet still while trying to get both drivers in and not having it slip and scratch the bracelet. A small table vice with painters tape or a soft cloth on the grips works well and makes quick work of it.

20. arcadelt Sep 21, 2020

Thanks. This is exactly what I came here looking for.