Forums Latest Members

First Omega In Space (2012 Speedmaster) FOIS, Roll Call

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 31, 2014

It is the same crystal on the FOIS and regular Speedy Pro sapphire models.

No it won't. The crystal for the regular Speedy Pro is smaller than the sapphire version.

2. alfanator Dec 31, 2014

Nothing a little silly puddy would not fix :)

3. Hijak Dec 31, 2014

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 31, 2014

Is there both an LE version (xxxx/1962) as well as an unlimited, but numbered version? I keep seeing references to a LE run of FOIS..

Thanks!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2014

No, just people incorrectly describing the numbered edition. There is no LE version. At least not until Omega stops making them ;)

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Dec 31, 2014

Love the contrast between the hand styles.

Anyone knows what watch was the russian cosmonaut wearing? he wa the first one up there no? or the monkey, or the dog?

7. ri0grand Jan 1, 2015

Still need one of these....

8. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jan 2, 2015

Please, do not go to change the caseback! The original one is one of te nicest ones of the Speedy Collection i have ever seen! It makes the FOIS to a FOIS ... don't do that! Even the Number of the watch is on the caseback!!!

P1040340.jpg
  9. photo500 Jan 3, 2015

Have to disagree about the case back, I think it's awful and it's the thing that has prevented me from making an effort to buy one. I do like the rest of the watch though.

marco and Davidt like this.
  10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 3, 2015

I do love that case back. Really do. I also like the dial and hands. Would have to try it on for size. I do have several 38 and 36 mm, and love them, but I'm wondering on the balance of the dial and chronograph on that size. Should work well thought

Edited Jan 3, 2015
  11. Noisy Nova Jan 3, 2015

I like the FOIS for 3 reasons;
    1. Sapphire crystal.
    2. Solid case back.
    3. It's beauty.

KstateSkier and Peppe like this.
  12. Peppe Jan 3, 2015

Personally I love the case back and would never in this world think about changing it. Specially not since the watch number is on it. In my world it is a bit like destroying the watch... but... luckily we are not all the same :) Would be interesting to see what yours would look like photo500 if you change!

13. Davidt Jan 3, 2015

For me, it should be a plain, pre-moon case back, perhaps with the number on the side.

Oh, double bevelled as well.

I just don't see where this case back has come from.

14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

Now.

15. Peppe Jan 3, 2015

I would definitely agree to that... would probably look even better. The looks of the one on now is a bit hard to trace back in the history of the speedmaster... but I do love it and would not modify the watch anyway ;)

16. Davidt Jan 3, 2015

??

I actually really like the rest of the watch and if I decide to break into modern Omegas, this or the new 300 are the main contenders. I just think the case back is poorly designed and it turns me off the rest of the watch. I think id end up trying to get a new pre-moon back installed and put the original in the watch box.

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

It does not have to come from the past, it is of the present, "now":)

18. Davidt Jan 3, 2015

Ah! Sorry, I'm at home with flu so my brain's running on autopilot at the minute!

19. photo500 Jan 3, 2015

Indeed it is of the "now" but this watch is meant to be a tribute. I just find it too bling and if there is any bright light around it makes it almost impossible to read with that stippled finish. If I'm allowed to be cheeky I'd say it's come from the mind of the same person who thought a mismatched set of subdial hands was a good idea as well lol

I agree with David that some kind of Pre moon style would have been much more appropriate and in keeping with the style of the watch and its history. This is just my opinion of course and I'm not going to sneak into all your watch boxes and change it while you aren't looking ;)

marco likes this.
  20. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jan 4, 2015

Well:
    You can have an other oppinion, but i allways think if i hear something like:
    "his watch is meant to be a tribute" ... "some kind of Pre moon style would have been much more appropriate" ...

Please:
    If you want to have an directly pre-moon looking watch ... go and buy an original pre-moon Speedy ;-)
    You do not need to buy a new one which is "only" a tribute to the old ones and is interpreted in a way which is not yours?!?

Please understand me right:
    I do not want to hold you back from changing the caseback -everybody shoud be free in changing everything on the
    watch as he/she likes - but: i am just wondering a bit :) *sooooorrrrrryyyyyy*

Best regards,
    Hans