Forums Latest Members

Finally received an answer on my very first extract order!

1. alecuncu Sep 24, 2019

Hello everyone,

So Omega got back to me regarding my extract request...yaay.

"the movement you provided us leads to a watch model that does not match the one in the pictures you submitted."

Was looking forward to a cool extract, but what are you gonna do. Still very happy with my first vintage and I'll definitely enjoy it. It's currently being serviced, but if you're curious about which watch I'm talking about:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/bought-my-first-vintage.101217/#post-1320478

Anyway, just need to vent my frustration and where else to do it than right here :D

Carry on :)

Edited Sep 24, 2019
    DaveK likes this.
  2. izydor Sep 24, 2019

That's unfortunate. :(

Considering new rules published on the EOA website, did you get a refund?

alecuncu likes this.
  3. alecuncu Sep 24, 2019

I checked their terms and it gives several reasons where they can refuse your order without refund.
    "Watch movement number doesn’t match with watch case- or reference-number" This one applies to my situation, I believe.

I was prepared for this to happen, but it's still a tiny bit disappointing. I really wanted that piece of paper :D

4. izydor Sep 24, 2019

Yeah, I know that feeling. But you'll get the extract for the next one. ;)

alecuncu likes this.
  5. ext1 Sep 24, 2019

So did you get your cost refunded or not?

6. alecuncu Sep 24, 2019

Unfortunately, I did not.

7. MCC Sep 24, 2019

It seems that @X350 XJR was right then about the case.

8. alecuncu Sep 24, 2019

I had no doubt about his statement actually. I think, even if the movement was cased in a foreign country, an extract should still be possible. It's just that in the case of my watch, the movement has been replaced at some point. That's how I interpret this, atleast.

I'm no expert though, so maybe this answer from Omega could've been expected and I wasted my money. In any case, it's a good lesson for me.

9. simonsays Sep 24, 2019

If they are taking the money perhaps they could at least tell you which watch and country of delivery it belongs to

10. JanV Sep 24, 2019

Like the previous ones did. And even just the pdf would be enough.

11. alecuncu Sep 24, 2019

Very good point! I have sent in a request through their customer service. I'll post an update once I have received an answer.

12. simonsays Sep 24, 2019

Check your account. I don’t think they debit until the archive is found, so maybe you didn’t get a refund because your payment was never taken?

Let us know, it would be good to know what current policy is, regardless of what it says in t&c’s

13. TimtimeIntl Sep 24, 2019

Thanks for posting as what you are experiencing could help many of us. I have a few Omegas I plan to acquire extracts for and any process info is appreciated. Cool watch BTW.

alecuncu likes this.
  14. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 24, 2019

Omega has no records on these South American gold cases. There is a good chance that the movement was harvested from another watch before being sent to Argentina years ago.
    gatorcpa

alecuncu likes this.
  15. Theluglife Sep 24, 2019

thank you for sharing your experience.

"the movement you provided us leads to a watch model that does not match the one in the pictures you submitted."

is this is all that Omega had to say about it?

16. larryganz The cable guy Sep 24, 2019

I should have submitted my watchco SM300 serial number years ago, before the new rules. Now, I'll find out if the movement originally came in a SM300 regardless, but with one outcome being no extract in hand.

17. alecuncu Sep 25, 2019

Their complete message below:
    "Dear Sir, The available historical documentation associated to the movement you provided us leads to a watch model that does not match the one in the pictures you submitted. In such cases we are unable to issue an EftA."

18. alecuncu Sep 25, 2019

Oh, well that kind of sucks :(

I asked if they could provide any more information about either the movement or case with the serials I provided. Right now, all I got is that they can't help me, so can't hurt to try.

19. alecuncu Sep 25, 2019

I'll keep an eye on it. In my Omega account it looks to have been charged with a payment ID and everything. It shows on the creditcard statement as well. I'll have to wait about another week before my bank account is charged for september.

20. chronoboy64 Sep 25, 2019

I am sorry for you and also a bit confused.
    I thought that is was possible to get an EoA with only providing the movement number to the Museum.
    Is that still in place ? If so, they would have sent you the EoA when you wouldn´t have added more Information / pics to your request. Right ?