Forums Latest Members
  1. alecuncu Sep 4, 2019

Hey guys,

I bought my first vintage watch and I literally held my breath as I unboxed it! Absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

One thing though, I have no idea what the reference number is. I posted a thread about this watch pre-sale to ask for opinions and something came up. https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-vintage-cal-266-18ct-gold-linen-dial.100807/#post-1315270

The cap might either not be original, as was pointed out by a conoisseur, because the stamps and reference number were missing from the inside of the cap. He was kind enough to share some pictures on how it should look.

Now another veteran member pointed out and I quote "It could be a foreign market case. That’s the right style (and metal, 18k) for a Tresor for the South American or some other market. Movements were imported into some markets and cased there to dodge import taxes for precious metals."

I'm hoping that is the case, but if it isn't, then tough luck. I still love the way it looks! :)
    But I was hoping someone could help me with the ref number as I want to request an extract and that would help.
    (last 2 pictures here and all the pictures from my earlier thread are from the previous owner)
    20190904_190452.jpg 20190904_192257.jpg omega 7.jpg omega 8.jpg

DaveK, nonuffinkbloke and Dan S like this.
  2. Omega world Sep 4, 2019

Congratulations for yours first vintage,that piece on the movement,indicates that the watch has need to be serviced,..enjoy him.

IMG_20190904_224401.jpg
    Edited Sep 4, 2019
  3. alecuncu Sep 4, 2019

Thank you for mentioning that! I was indeed planning to have it serviced.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 4, 2019

There will be no reference for this watch since it is not an Omega case, design and construction look South American.

5. alecuncu Sep 4, 2019

I see. That is exactly what the one from my earlier thread mentioned, but I wasn't aware that there'd be no ref number at all.

In this case, I will order an extract and hope it'll show that this watch was indeed from somewhere in South-America.

Thank you :)

DaveK likes this.