Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Feb 8, 2023

Never had this problem. I had that seiko world timer coming from Texas and I guess I went into overly patient mode what with the weather event in Texas then -15f to -40f in my area. The watch was due on the 30th I think but I called fedex yesterday as I figured they had time to work through the weather but they informed me since no tracking had been updated for 7 plus days they consider the package lost.
    I spoke to the seller who opened a case, the package was insured so I will be reimbursed but I’d much rather have the watch. It was my first watch purchase since Hairy the cat and two humans I knew well passed away last year. It was kinda my re-entry to watches after losing interest in them for a half year or so. It also should have arrived shortly after I received a humble promotion which would have been kinda cool. I planned on wearing it a Monday to start the week.

All the watches I have ordered never has one been lost. I’m just wondering if many of you had a watch go missing in the fedex sphere for 7plus days and have it eventually show up. The seller is cool and communicative so I don’t want to shut it down via credit card yet. It’s not an extremely precious or expensive watch just a model I like a lot and that’s what really drives my collecting.

With the watch and a few bands and natos I think I dropped around 500usd, not saying that’s nothing but in the watch world it could have been much worse. I guess this is more of a vent it’s not like anyone can find my package I’m just really hoping it eventually shows up but I may be unreasonable thinking that. I have no history of this happening to go by.

Twocats, kkt, jumpingsecond and 4 others like this.
  2. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 8, 2023

Too bad this happened. I have not experienced this myself. Once you get your cash back, you get to hunt for another. Good luck.

Twocats, jumpingsecond and Walrus like this.
  3. SC1 Feb 8, 2023

It'll show...

I just consulted the Great Courier Spirit (with a frame drum and sizeable Om chant), and I was told, "It Will Show."

It'll show.

4. Walrus Feb 8, 2023

Ah thanks not the end of the world but a bummer. I did lose a couple thousand shipping watches to China but even when all those anti USPS posts were all over the forum i really never experienced a problem beyond a couple day delay. I’d need to research what % of packages the major shippers lose but going by my history, which is a small sample of over 300 million I’m pretty sure this is the first package of mail that’s gone MIA in my time on this planet.

5. Walrus Feb 8, 2023

Definitely feeling more hopeful now.

jumpingsecond, MDubs, Vitezi and 5 others like this.
  6. Dan S Feb 8, 2023

This is a really unusual event, so hopefully it will eventually show up. And if not, fortunately it was insured and not an impossible-to-find reference.

Walrus and wagudc like this.
  7. SC1 Feb 8, 2023

It'll show.

wagudc likes this.
  8. wagudc Feb 8, 2023

Bummer, hope it turns up.

9. NGO1 Feb 8, 2023

It’ll show.
    I asked my wife. She knows stuff.

pdxleaf, Walrus, Geezer and 3 others like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 8, 2023

Frozen to the side of the FedEx truck ;) it will show once it thaws out ….

pdxleaf, Walrus and SC1 like this.
  11. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Feb 8, 2023

Remember Cast Away:)

wagudc, Eve and SC1 like this.
  12. SC1 Feb 8, 2023

This↑

Start following Tom Hanks' social media feed... betting money that sonnabitch has it on his wrist.

pdxleaf, Dsloan and DaveK like this.
  13. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Feb 9, 2023

Sorry that this happened. I know it can feel important to tie an item to a turning point in life.

SC1 likes this.
  14. SC1 Feb 9, 2023

It'll show.

Bank on that.

MDubs and Walrus like this.
  15. Walrus Feb 9, 2023

I wonder what he named it. It I do get it I’m going to name it Wilson. I’m going to take time off of work and just stare out my front window everyday until it arrives, I’ll just tell my wife to pick up a second job I am sure she will understand.

MDubs, SC1, Stewart A and 3 others like this.
  16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 9, 2023

Gotta say, Fed Ex losing a domestic shipment is pretty rare. I’ll be it shows up. We had ordered a portable AC unit for the kid when he lived in Detroit. It vanished in the Fedex system. Amazon replaced it immediately. The one we had originally ordered showed up the next day.

Duracuir1 likes this.
  17. pdxleaf ... Feb 9, 2023

Follow the WRUW thread and look out for world timers.

I've had watches stall in tracking. Usually for similar weather related events and cross country. Once had a package stolen out of a USPS truck but that was rare.
    Bummmer though, as waiting for a watch is tough and once burned, you can get more anxious each time.

Congrats on the promotion!

Duracuir1 likes this.
  18. Walrus Feb 9, 2023

Thanks but I’m going on week two and I already wrestled a screwdriver and a knife out of a residents hands. They weren’t going after me but a female coworker and I stepped in to prevent injury. Luckily a city cop was on site responding to a situation and he took the dude down. I’m grateful I got a (very unglamorous) promotion but I was not expecting to be forged in the fire so quickly. Luckily my coworkers are already joking about it so it is keeping me in a calm frame of mind.

I need my damn seiko world timer cause my 8 hours here are on another planet.

pdxleaf, wagudc and Omegafanman like this.
  19. Walrus Feb 14, 2023

Just an update. Not that anyone has been waiting on pins and needles but the seller just refunded me in full (minus some fees I incurred but that’s life) as fedex declared the world timer MIA. The interesting part here is it was a Reddit purchase which I used friends and family to pay for. The seller reimbursed me then told me.
    I find that interesting as obviously it could have been an issue those wire payments, friends and family etc that many sellers understandably want is similar to the seller throwing money in the air hoping something comes back. I notice some Reddit sellers do offer that third party involvement to hold the money for the Daytonas and Richard Milles etc.

I’m happy to have my money back of course but I would much rather have that damn seiko. I do believe I have a world timer curse and I think I will focus on a different model or wait and a while and get something a bit nicer.

Kinda feel bad for the seller he made me whole but he is out a watch. So I have to restart my search for my first watch since Hairy the cat passed and a couple other sad things took my eye off watches. That’s not a bad thing so to speak but it’s a crappy feeling when something is confirmed on its way to you and it just disappears.

MDubs, kkt, pdxleaf and 1 other person like this.
  20. SC1 Feb 14, 2023

It'll show.

MDubs, jumpingsecond and Walrus like this.