F1 2022

🤔 the last GP
Only 3 months until pre season testing then. 24 races next season too!

Only 3 months until pre season testing then. 24 races next season too!
Too many races! I really think the season should be 19-21 races. Even then that number is on the high end.

Wonder if Max is regretting his San Paulo stubbornness? Ultimately had an impact on P2 in the drivers title. He was a little more contrite today on the radio.

Wonder if Max is regretting his San Paulo stubbornness? Ultimately had an impact on P2 in the drivers title. He was a little more contrite today on the radio.
He was also booed in the post race interview.

That really needs to stop, the bad sportsmanship from crowds and WWE behaviour is really sad

You seem to be assuming Russell’s win was a gift. I didn’t see it that way.
I do not think he pushed as hard as we know he can. Yeah, he does not like the car "that thing" and perhaps George adapted to it rather better, but I reckon Hamilton is still faster over a race distance. Possibly not for long. How will next year's Mercedes suit them individually?

And before the start. I don't like it either but I think that in Max's mind that makes him stronger. "They don't like me? Well screw 'em, I'll show them!" And he did. It is a shame that he and the team, with all their experience and strategy experts, could not find a way to help Checo. I don't think Max would now be twice World Champion without his help.

The extensive cheers for Sebastian Vettel were so good to to hear though.

MSC doesn't really have that much potential. He's an average midfield driver who got blown away by KMAG the first half of the season when KMAG only had 2 weeks to get ready for the season. MSC will get better with more experience but his ceiling isn't really that high.
So you don't need potential to win F2 and F3?

So you don't need potential to win F2 and F3?
Winning F2 and F3 doesn't mean he has potential to be guaranteed a seat. He's reached his potential of getting into F1 already. His top performance over the course of a season is probably midfield driver.

Put it like this. We know he's not good enough for Mercedes, RB, or Ferrari but if you were Mclaren, Alpine, AM, or STR would you trust him with a seat right now given how tight the midfield battle is? I wouldn't want him driving for me if I were one of those teams given his current track record.

Now that the prodigal son is back at home, does that mean Sebastian Buemi has finally left the stable?

Surprised he’s gone for that. Hauling your arse round the F1 circuit all season just for scraps. Maybe a prestigious position but normally for an up & coming young driver.

Surprised he’s gone for that. Hauling your arse round the F1 circuit all season just for scraps. Maybe a prestigious position but normally for an up & coming young driver.
Probably a better spot to be in than one of the main drivers for the non-competitive, and dreary, second and third tier teams.

Probably a better spot to be in than one of the main drivers for the non-competitive, and dreary, second and third tier teams.
Are they dreary? Many of the good F1 battles are in the mid-field. If you get your F1 fix only through TV you don't see them, but get the F1.com timing feed and their simultaneous BBC F5 audio coverage and they are there for you.

Some drivers only drive to win overall, but a race where you do better than expected is a personal win. Meh, I've had a race where I initially decided to retire after after one lap (on slick tyres in the rain at Cadwell) but carried on to the end. One of the races I remember most. And reminisce about to my friends' annoyance 😜

There is far more going on with the "dreary second or third tier teams" of F1 than these is at any of the top teams in any other racing series.