F1 2022

Probably a better spot to be in than one of the main drivers for the non-competitive, and dreary, second and third tier teams.

I can sort of see what you are saying, But in all probability (COVID aside) RIC is never going to get a drive on race day. He may get every other FP1/FP2 runs and a bit of testing. Where is the competition in that.

I'm quite surprised how off pace he was during the season. Doesn't bode well as a test driver if you can't adapt/evaluate/communicate to improve a car's set up.

I can sort of see what you are saying, But in all probability (COVID aside) RIC is never going to get a drive on race day. He may get every other FP1/FP2 runs and a bit of testing. Where is the competition in that.

I'm quite surprised how off pace he was during the season. Doesn't bode well as a test driver if you can't adapt/evaluate/communicate to improve a car's set up.
Yea some drivers just don’t have the flexibility of others, Kimi was similarly very beholden to the characteristics of the car due to his driving style. I think the plus side is Daniel has said in the past that he and Max like the same things in the car, want it very on the nose and easy to rotate and that their setups would often converge. If Checo falters or falls behind, and they’re seeing positive things in the simulator, Daniel might get a chance end of year or even before that given how ruthless Marko tends to be.

Rumors swirling that Ferrari is about to announce the sacking of Binotto, not surprising given what happened and Leclerc apparently not being on speaking terms with his own team principal for months. I feel sorry for the next poor fool that takes the reigns of that poison chalice, 6 months tops before the Italian press turn on you and then a few years denying your job is on the line until you’re gone.

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formu...al-94570556-6ca3-11ed-a41d-76ead3b90d6e.shtml

Yea some drivers just don’t have the flexibility of others, Kimi was similarly very beholden to the characteristics of the car due to his driving style. I think the plus side is Daniel has said in the past that he and Max like the same things in the car, want it very on the nose and easy to rotate and that their setups would often converge. If Checo falters or falls behind, and they’re seeing positive things in the simulator, Daniel might get a chance end of year or even before that given how ruthless Marko tends to be.

Agree with the Daniel - Max similarity but look at the changes to the cars from last year. Last year Red Bull stood theirs on its nose more than anyone. This year the fashion is low & flat and Max has steamed on. I know there is more to car balance than just rake but it's a big change and some haven't made the adjustment.

Surprised he’s gone for that. Hauling your arse round the F1 circuit all season just for scraps. Maybe a prestigious position but normally for an up & coming young driver.
Not at every race, lots of sim time and basically a year off to reset.

it’s good for Ric and a slightly odd move for Helmut Marko.

Interesting as Kimi is considered one of the best developmental drivers of the modern era.

I very much see Sergio and Danny switching places. I like Perez, but he’s not a fighter like Ricciardo.

it’s good for Ric and a slightly odd move for Helmut Marko.
I kind of see this as Marko telling Perez, "STFU and fall in line. We'll drop you for RIC in a second if you cause any trouble for Max."

I just booked my tickets and camping for Austin 2023. It’s a sprint race, which will be great. We are trying a new vantage point this year, sitting in the Turn 12 grandstand at the end of the back straight. Already looking forward to it!

I just booked my tickets and camping for Austin 2023. It’s a sprint race, which will be great. We are trying a new vantage point this year, sitting in the Turn 12 grandstand at the end of the back straight. Already looking forward to it!

I am still looking for Paddock tickets!

We didn’t go too big this year. I considered getting tickets for Vegas, but the prices were outrageous. I’m happy with grandstand seating and we’ll have our class A motorhome trackside, so we have no need for the Champions Club, etc. We purchased an F1 Experiences package in 2019 for COTA, and it was great. We had Champions Club, limited paddock access, etc. I probably won’t do it again, but it was great to do once.

Austin presale starts tomorrow. This year I think I paid around $800 for 3 day pass for the main grandstand. Now it's going to cost $1275 because of the sprint race. I think I'm passing on it for 2023.

The pre-sale started today. I already bought tickets.

We had main grandstand seating in the past. It was nice. Turn 12 was $445 per seat for the race weekend.

We didn’t go too big this year. I considered getting tickets for Vegas, but the prices were outrageous. I’m happy with grandstand seating and we’ll have our class A motorhome trackside, so we have no need for the Champions Club, etc. We purchased an F1 Experiences package in 2019 for COTA, and it was great. We had Champions Club, limited paddock access, etc. I probably won’t do it again, but it was great to do once.

Vegas is one big money grab. That track is suspect too

Vegas is one big money grab. That track is suspect too
It does feel pretty nasty that the American fans at Miami were so chronically robbed for everything from food and drink to merch to tickets, it would really turn me off the sport and leave a bad taste in my mouth if they did that to as great an extent in Australia. I think the smart thing for US fans is to skip Vegas and Miami in favour of COTA or Mexico, or even roll a European Grand Prix into a holiday