F1 2022

Maxipad being a massive a-hole to Checo at the end after everything Checo did to help Maxipad “win” the championship last year.

Charles whining at the end was weak. Sainz earned that podium and you can’t ask him to give that up when the championship is over.

I wonder how much faster Red Bull would have been if any of this mattered to them. They probably gave up this years car 5 races ago.

It still matters to Max, he was asked to let Checo pass on the last lap for more points over Charles and did not. I believe that Lewis was being a true gentleman after being told by Mercedes that they were free to race.

… I would do anything for love
Anything you've been dreaming of, but I just won't do that
I would do anything for love
Anything you've been dreaming of, but I just won't do that

I believe that Lewis was being a true gentleman after being told by Mercedes that they were free to race.
Lewis tried but he just didn't have the pace to beat George after the the restart.

Lewis tried but he just didn't have the pace to beat George after the the restart.
Hamilton needs a win and George no points or else George beat him this season.

Hamilton needs a win and George no points or else George beat him this season.
With seven World Championships and so many races he's big enough to allow that.

Next year? Well perhaps he says to George "OK, you have your win. Now we race for real. No gifts."

Because Kevin and Nico are best friends...

Not trying to be rude, but.. what did Nico accomplish since 2010? 1 pole and 0 wins?
There's younger talents out there waiting 😀

Even the best young talent would struggle to win driving for Williams, Force India, Sauber, Force India again, Renault, Racing Point and Aston Martin as Hulk has done through his career. He's a reliable journeyman with a lot of experience. So is K-Mag, yes, so stability -- and fewer expensive crashes -- are what Haas need.

Nico hasn't accomplished anything extraordinary but like @MRC said, he's at the very least consistent.
2013-2019 he finished overall in the top 10. And again, HAAS could benefit from that.
And a little bit of ball sucking never hurt anyone.

VER: disappointing to see his lack of willingness to concede what didn't matter for him and would have for his team-mate
PER: continues lacking pace vs his team-mate and Merc/Ferrari, Sargeant's FP1 times very close, future might not be too bright...
RUS: nice to see his first win
HAM v VER: these two just cannot give each other an inch -- both willing to collide rather than concede
MSC: F1 is a tough gig, surprised to see Haas revert to HUL over a youngster with so much potential

MSC doesn't really have that much potential. He's an average midfield driver who got blown away by KMAG the first half of the season when KMAG only had 2 weeks to get ready for the season. MSC will get better with more experience but his ceiling isn't really that high.

Max, Lewis, George, Lando, and Charles all showed a lot of potential their first year in F1. MSC really didn't show that same potential to be a top caliber driver in F1.

2 things…

Ric to RB reserve… discuss

Also yes you get both the discount and 25% off this fine hat…

Ohh…

I wonder how much they got out of FTX… nice looking cap though

What it implies to me is that Helmut and Horner are not happy with the current rb driver pipeline. They have already parked Albon over at Williams in with some sort of deal with Toto as Williams serves as the MB pipeline reserve.

So RB has Verstappen and Perez then Yuki and Gazely over at Alpha Tauri... So that means they have 2 other F1 quality drivers in holding patterns with Ric and Albon... Where is the F2 talent in the RB pipeline to take the RB reserve driver spot? Unless they think Perez is going to bail?

Liam Lawson will officially be the reserve driver in 2023 but the Red Bull pipeline is pretty dry which is why they tried to sign Herta and settled for De Vries. Albon should be free of Red Bull in 2023.

The current Red Bull juniors in F2 (Lawson, Daruvala, Iwasa and Hauger) don't really standout. Lawson will be heading to Super Formula in Japan while I can see Daruvala being dropped. Enzo Fittipaldi is joining the program in 2023 but he doesn't appear to be F1 material either. Jack Doohan and Pato O'Ward both left the program in recent years.

With seven World Championships and so many races he's big enough to allow that.

Next year? Well perhaps he says to George "OK, you have your win. Now we race for real. No gifts."

You seem to be assuming Russell’s win was a gift. I didn’t see it that way.