F1 2022

Christian Horner is a narcissist and wouldn’t put it past their pit wall to do such a thing…
99% of drivers, team principals, chief engineers, race planners, etc are narcissists. I just don't see any black helicopters here.

Nick De Vries replacing Albon for the race and qualifying in the Williams after driving for Aston in FP1, his first race in F1.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/de-vries-to-replace-albon-at-italian-gp-f1/10366863/
He did well, until the wrong brake balance snakebite. One the BBCRadio5/F1.com commentary it was noted that he already had more laps of Monza than Latifi before arriving. Hard luck to Alex Albon, this race is looking good for Williams, he should be good for Singapore though.
Edited:

as a Ferrari fan....what to expect else😀

And new livery for Monza! I like it a lot!

Excellent job by De Vries, my DotD. Pretty much guarantees him a seat next year -- but who with?

At least they didn’t make the same mistake as they did at the end of last year…

even if it would have hoist V on his own petard.

Horners last radio message “Shame we had to finish under safety car” right Christian… you would have been complaining so hard when Ferrari had a chance to win if that was the case.

Hammy great run 19th to 6th! DeVries did amazing for his first run.

Huge props to DeVries, not just for the performance today. Very refreshing honesty in the post-race interview. "I'm not fit enough", as he could hardly move his shoulders anymore at the end of the race. Also speaking of his dad who came down from Monaco spontaneously, both crying, lost for words, when hugging each other prior to the race. Really nice guy, looking forward to having him in the paddock.

What a race finish. Abu Dhabi but without the crooked politics. Anyone else not over it? 😜

Good race and attitude from DeVries. Otherwise the race (and probably the rest of this season) turned into a bit of a predictable yawnfest. Everyone is doing what they can but the RB/Max combo is just too good, they can win from any position - I wouldn’t be surprised if they win another 5 on the trot to round out the season.

What can F1 do to keep hold of all the new fans from around the world that have been transfixed by the Drive to Survive series, etc., maybe they could get Masi back so he can mix things up again 😗

Enjoyed watching rising stars Russel and DeVries do well. Can’t agree with FIA’s decision to finish under yellow.

Not trying to troll..

would the best solution been to Red Flag the race... everyone pit and change tires (tyres) and then resume the race all bunched up?

Given that there was no Red Flag, still trying to understand why Carlos was boxed with relatively fresh soft tires (tyres)....

That would be been an awesome double podium for Team Scarlet

Anybody complaining about finishing under yellow needs to quit watching F1. Manufacturing drama for ratings needs to remain in the realm NASCAR and Indycar.

More problems for Albon

"Following surgery, Alex suffered with unexpected post-operative anaesthetic complications which led to respiratory failure, a known but uncommon complication. He was re-intubated and transferred to intensive care for support.

"He made excellent progress overnight and was able to be removed from mechanical ventilation yesterday morning."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62881176

I was getting tired of the shoe-horning in - "DeVries former Formula E champion"

I wonder how much a reserve driver gets paid to take the wheel on race day...

AND he earned 2 points......

I would think that would be worth a nice bonus

I'd do it for nothing -- with eyes firmly fixed on a full-time drive for 2023.

Never got past mid-field historic F3, so no chance 🙁

I always think about this and find it hilarious.
These guys get paid millions of dollars to travel the world and race cars.
Meanwhile me and the boys are over here stoked to shell out $100 for a few races at the local kart track lol.