F1 2022

Of course! At a quid per race the timing screens are invaluable to following the part of the race that the local TV director doesn't follow (or understand).

The long version of Jolyon Palmer's analysis is great too. Short version is available for free, but the longer the better 😁

A quid / bob a race? I’m in at USD$5 a race weekend. Still very economical entertainment.

Being in the US, I use it too. The one feature I don’t understand is this (mouse hovering over it).

For some reason, this year, the default presenter for every race is the English speaking Will Buxton. Clicking “international” switches to the English speaking David Croft. What’s the point?

A quid / bob a race? I’m in at USD$5 a race weekend. Still very economical entertainment.
One quid is twenty bob in old money. I don't have any verifiable basis for this but I vaguely recollect my first World Championship race at Silverstone in 1967 cost about two quid to get into the circuit for the race. And Jim Clark, my hero, won!

One quid is twenty bob in old money. I don't have any verifiable basis for this but I vaguely recollect my first World Championship race at Silverstone in 1967 cost about two quid to get into the circuit for the race. And Jim Clark, my hero, won!
Shut my mouth…. Always thought those were same…pound/quid/bob…..

I shouldn’t try to base my foreign currency knowledge on old Monty Python / hyacinth bucket reruns…

going to be interesting today because all penatlies. RB in hands of Max looks so strong.

and Ferrari, I dont see any chance for them this year, again continue with crazy mistakes....

Congrats to Max and Red Bull.

But Toto cannot be happy, it's all gone wrong for them this year when from 2014 to 2020 they were the undisputed best team and champions, and came close last year, now they can't do anything right. Drivers are not performing, cars aren't either. How do you go from the best run with the best engineering, and best performance team to the lousy mess they have this year? They really screwed up working to the new 2022 F1 design specs.
Edited:

Perez said it best, if you get a tailor made car for your driving style, you have no reason not to be fast. When the car oversteering and suited Perez style, Perez finished 30s. ahead of Max

Congrats to Max and Red Bull.

But Toto cannot be happy, it's all gone wrong for them this year when from 2014 to 2020 they were the undisputed best team and champions, and came close last year, now they can't do anything right. Drivers are not performing, cars aren't either. How do you go from the best run with the best engineering, and best performance team to the lousy mess they have this year? They really screwed up working to the new 2022 F1 design specs.
Not sure I agree about drivers not performing. A couple of mistakes aside, Russell has generally driven well and the last few GP’s Lewis has been getting more out of that car than it deserves - but he was not great today.

Porpoising was probably the least of Mercedes' concerns at the Belgian GP.

Will Mattia Binotto have a job next year?

Alonso really stuck the boot in when interviewed, this is from Autosport:
Alonso gained a late boost up to fifth place as Charles Leclerc picked up a five-second penalty for speeding in the pitlane when Ferrari pitted him late on to target the bonus point for fastest lap.

The extra pitstop dropped Leclerc behind Alonso on track, before Leclerc passed him on the final lap, only to be demoted again due to the penalty.

“It is OK, Ferrari has been doing strange things, so that was another strange thing,” Alonso said of Ferrari’s strategy to pit Leclerc late on.

That quote at the end is just hilarious. He was basically running his own strategy when he was there, as was Seb during his Ferrari time, if you want to win with them you kind of have to.

That quote at the end is just hilarious. He was basically running his own strategy when he was there, as was Seb during his Ferrari time, if you want to win with them you kind of have to.

I believe Leclerc got that message loud and clear by now. His 2022 campaign might be a write-off at this point, but I don't expect him to be so reliant on others come next season.

Ferrari... best for them to start prepare for 2023.

each and every strategy was wrong. They didnt made 1 goods decidion in seasson until now.

next years....always next year....

next years....always next year....

At this point, they might as well hire David Coulthard as their Team Principal...

It was bad luck but I think Ferrari are making a big deal out of it for no reason. Max couldn’t target a Ferrari brake duct with a visor even if he wanted to, and the fundamental reason why Ferrari are losing is because the team and especially the pit wall have done a pretty miserable job. But they’re getting the Italian media raking them over the coals so its easier to deflect with this thing about Max’s visor.

😁

Honestly, when I read that Mercedes were running a vintage number design, my first thought was they were playing with fire…