F1 2022

Daniel Ricciardo just announced on his Instagram that 2022 will be his last year at McLaren. No (officially announced at least) confirmed seat for ‘23.
It’s a video story, so I unfortunately can’t share it here.

But I do have this from McLaren

I would like to see Piastri to Mclaren, Ric to Haas, Mick to Alpine.

I just heard that Alpha Romero is pulling out of F1 and of 2023!
Looks like it’s because Audi is taking over though

Looks like it’s because Audi is taking over though
They said Saubre was going to resume....

Audi is 2026

Audi as a PU suppliers makes me excited.
Indeed!

Id like to see BMW in the works too, they are going back to Le Mans in 2024......

Well, it turns out Bottas has designed a watch and I must say it is not very attractive (imo at least). Limited to 77 pieces and costs ~6,500usd. The movement is a Swiss Soprod A10 Calibre, which is very similar to the Seiko 4L caliber as well as the ETA 2892A2.

https://sufhelsinki.com/products/s-u-f-x-vb77

This made me chuckle
"There’s a new screwdown crown, too, keeping things as tight as Valtteri’s cornering skills. And in keeping with Valtteri’s wry sense of humour, you’ll find the 7th day of every month displayed as ’77’."

Even he doesn't want to wear it 😁 (at least in this one picture)

Have any other drivers designed their own watches?

That watch is all the proof I need .
F1 drivers should stick to driving and never design watches.

Senna was pretty tight with Tag Heuer. Did he have any input on the S/EL that he wore?

Anyone else subscribe to F1TV? Best investment ever….

Of course! At a quid per race the timing screens are invaluable to following the part of the race that the local TV director doesn't follow (or understand).

The long version of Jolyon Palmer's analysis is great too. Short version is available for free, but the longer the better 😁

Of course! At a quid per race the timing screens are invaluable to following the part of the race that the local TV director doesn't follow (or understand).

The long version of Jolyon Palmer's analysis is great too. Short version is available for free, but the longer the better 😁

I miss the grid walk with Martin Brundle (ESPN), but the interactive view is perfect…when I tire of the Max / Christian show, I’ll watch from a proper team …Ferrari…