F1 2022

was taught English in school & use to communicate with all at work & on forums but no one from that side of the world will claim English to be their first language.

I only ask because in my experience, I've found that in some cases an individual who may come off as rude or hostile on the internet only does so because of a language barrier so to speak.
What was perceived to be rude by others, was in all actuality not intended to be. That's just the way it comes off.
I was thinking that was maybe the case here. But also, it's the internet. A lot of the times it is hard to really grasp the full context of someones post.
I really believe you did not mean to post something that could be taken in a negative way. But it was lol.
Remember, think not about the message you are sending, but rather how it could be received.

Anyway. Jeez...poor Zanardi...

they are not tack sharp.
did you soften the images? or, did they come out like this?

A lot depends on how good a FUJI SP-2000 film scanner is, and on how Photoshop would reduce the image from scanned size to reasonable publication size. Could also be some original grain from the film if a really fast ISO was needed on a grey day.

They look fine to me, although with a 50mm lens I think I'd want to be 5m from the cars not 50m looking through a debris fence to boot.

I did turn up in the paddock of a race meeting with a Leica IIIf once and got a lot of approving nods 😉

I have a legitimate question which I think could help clear some things up.
@bombaywalla , is English your first language?

In all his posts here and on WUS (where he's been a long time member), I've never seen any indication that there is a language barrier at play. He's involved in a thread over there right now doing much the same thing as he did here - he knows what he's doing.

Spring drive accuracy between movements | Page 6 | WatchUSeek Watch Forums

Well, I do always TRY to give people the benefit of the doubt lol.
shrug-meh.gif

Love Leicas and B&W. I 've had an M4-2, an M4-P and an M-6. I might venture back into film photography again. Nothing in digital that has the same quality. Great stuff. Thanks

I only ask because in my experience, I've found that in some cases an individual who may come off as rude or hostile on the internet only does so because of a language barrier so to speak.
What was perceived to be rude by others, was in all actuality not intended to be. That's just the way it comes off.
I was thinking that was maybe the case here. But also, it's the internet. A lot of the times it is hard to really grasp the full context of someones post.
I really believe you did not mean to post something that could be taken in a negative way. But it was lol.
Remember, think not about the message you are sending, but rather how it could be received.

Anyway. Jeez...poor Zanardi...
indeed, I did not intend to post something rude or hostile but I'm finding out it did come off as that....
I did ask questions seeking to understand the OP's intent...
And, I'm pretty direct in my questions for better or for worse.

>> Remember, think not about the message you are sending, but rather how it could be received.
good advice. will do next time....
Edited:

Maybe, just maybe somebody likes taking pictures with an old Leica just for the pure joy of the process and the results don’t even factor in.

Maybe, just maybe somebody likes taking pictures with an old Leica just for the pure joy of the process and the results don’t even factor in.
And, a very good intent indeed -- wish he had written as such. would have set the stage & perspective to view his photos....

I admire those who find joy in film lol.
I took a film class in college and half the time I cheated by using the digi to figure out all the settings to nail the picture.
But then I'd end up destroying my film in the dark room anyway hah.

Do they swap places during pitstops? Because THAT would be amusing.

Let's remember that many of F1's greatest photos were captured on film and in B&W. Today we have a new generation of F1 photographers who mostly use color and lots of post production tools and skills. As different from the days of Jesse Alexander (jesse alexander photographer - Search (bing.com)) Henri Cartier-Bresson and Diane Arbus are from modern fashion photographers. Was it really necessary for this thread to become so filled with hostility?

The fat lady hasn't appeared on stage yet......

As a big F1 and Omega fan, I thought I’d share some of my photos from the 22 Canadian GP. All these photos were taken on my Leica M3 film camera from 1955 with a 50mm Summicron from 1956. I have a number of iPhone photos too if there is an appetite to see some of those, cheers

Did you get a picture of Carlos too? My wife and I are big fans of Charles and Carlos!

Did you get a picture of Carlos too? My wife and I are big fans of Charles and Carlos!

I think I have a few Ferrari pictures. I’ll DM you.