F1 2021

If a race looks as though it will end under a safety car could the race not be red flagged and then restarted once the incident is cleared. I'm not talking about the daft things that happen like Spa this year (should never had started) but this last Grand Prix is a good example, the race could have been stopped, gone to a grid and then we could have had 2 maybe 3 laps of racing, fresh tyres on both SLH and MV plus Carlos, it could have made for a nice little battle.

Maybe drop the SC if we are less than 10 laps from the end of the GP and go to a Red Flag, that allows a reset for everyone, then its a sprint to the finish off the line, and we all know what can happen at a restart.

Just a thought.
I wouldn't mind that except I would shorten that to 5 laps. Anytime a lap is run under SC within 5 laps to the end will trigger an automatic red flag. All teams are allowed to change tires and racing resumes under standing start. Make the rule clear cut and not open to Masi's or whoever the race director will be interpretation. Also gives more cover to the race director from complaining team principals. RD can just say you know the rules now f off.

MB's protest may be dropped, they have congratulated Max and Red Bull on their victory, MB may welcome an FIA investigation into what happened and no doubt they will be expecting Mr Masi to be sent packing as a result.

But, MB, well actually Toto, Mrs Toto and SLH are still allegedly very much sulking, they are not attending the FIA awards ceremony in Paris, no formal appearance from the team just some guy called James Allison going to pick up their constructors championship trophy.

And apparently there is no guarantee that SLH will be in a Mercedes F1 car in 2022, I wonder then if the rumours of Toto heading off to Formula E will become fact and maybe SLH will spend more time running his racing team rather than racing himself. If true I wonder where that leaves George Russell and SLH's possible replacement.
Why would Toto go to Formula E? His wife runs that team.

I read a magazine article a while back where Toto apparently indicated that he wanted a change and felt that FE was the direction that Motor racing needed to go and that is where he saw his long term future. Toto may not go as a team manager or replicate his current role, he may want something more of a 'Head of Formula E' type/style role. I may be reading too much into the article but it would fit if SLH decided not to carry on, which is a rumour that is going around.

I read a magazine article a while back where Toto apparently indicated that he wanted a change and felt that FE was the direction that Motor racing needed to go and that is where he saw his long term future. Toto may not go as a team manager or replicate his current role, he may want something more of a 'Head of Formula E' type/style role. I may be reading too much into the article but it would fit if SLH decided not to carry on, which is a rumour that is going around.

Lewis will race at least 1 more year 2 at the most. If he gets close to his 8 WC in 2 years but just misses he will go 3.

he needs to prove it was not the car.

Lewis will race at least 1 more year 2 at the most. If he gets close to his 8 WC in 2 years but just misses he will go 3.

he needs to prove it was not the car.
I agree with what you are saying. Even with Max hot on his heels the pendulum will swing in his favour at least one more time allowing Lewis to bow out as an 8 time world champion and that alone makes it too tempting for him to quit now.

Why would Toto go to Formula E when Mercedes is pulling out?

SLH will be back for sure. Do you think he’ll miss a chance at the record 8th title?
This is like when SLH says that his tires are gone and then proceeds to set the fastest lap. He’ll be back for a shot at #8.

I hope he returns. The sport requires a rivalry and they have one, now more than ever.

I hope he returns. The sport requires a rivalry and they have one, now more than ever.
Yeah, F1 needs to spice things up a bit. Since 2010, the only drivers to win the title are Vettel, Hamilton, Rosberg and Verstappen. All of the Constructors titles since 2010 have been won by Mercedes and Red Bull.

Am sure he will be back. Hopefully just licking the open wounds for now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59686315
It is Toto talking. It is as reliable as when he is saying "we lost 1s/lap because of the damage" or "we got the pole with the slowest car, Max should have been at least 0.5s in front of us"

Lewis knows how the sport works, that you need a bit of luck, that he had his fair amount of it during his career and during this season, and that this race had to restart

Lewis knows how the sport works, that you need a bit of luck, that he had his fair amount of it during his career and during this season, and that this race had to restart
Lewis knew that as soon as Latifi crashed and a SC came out he was screwed barring a miracle. He couldn't give up track position and take the chance that the race would end under SC for new tires while Max could roll the dice. As soon as those 5 cars between him and Max cleared, it was over.

Even without the removed cars TBH. Gasly and Tsunoda both overtook Bottas easily with Schumacher between them. Pierre even nearly overtook Yuki who had the same tires:

All the unlapped cars were easily as fast as Lewis during the last lap (Norris 2.5s faster to Leclerc 0.2s slower), they wouldn't have slowed down Max during the restart + in S1, and he would have taken the lead by the end of the straight

he lead
Even without the removed cars TBH. Gasly and Tsunoda both overtook Bottas easily with Schumacher between them. Pierre even nearly overtook Yuki who had the same tires:

All the unlapped cars were easily as fast as Lewis during the last lap (Norris 2.5s faster to Leclerc 0.2s slower), they wouldn't have slowed down Max during the restart + in S1, and he would have taken the lead by the end of the straight
If Max would have taken the lead by the end of the straight with the lapped cars between them, why was he not able to do it with them removed?

Roll on F1 2022, can’t wait, Max v Lewis v George, with luck Ferrari will get it’s act together and add some spice to proceedings, if McLaren can do the same then we have the ingredients for an excellent season.

Oh, one more thing, Sergio you need to be more consistent in 2022 and a lot higher up the order to give RB a chance of grabbing that constructors championship.

Only 14 weeks to go before the first GP on 2022.

😀

The F1 media will have a field day with this situation all the way to Barcelona. Let the click harvesting begin!

Most likely just some fine and community service with a promise to never skip it again

Stating:

“Mohammed Ben Sulayem (newly-elected president of Formula One’s governing body) said he had sympathy for Hamilton but insisted that rules must be followed and added: “If there is any breach, there is no forgiveness on this.”

Lol. In context with the last lap of the season finale, this is funny.

I thought the exact same thing when I read that - the irony appears to be lost on him.