Forums Latest Members
  1. arturo7 Mar 27, 2021

Tsunoda could be someone to watch this year.

He was 2nd fastest in Q1, but 0.6 slower in Q2. His Q1 time would have put him through to Q3.

Not bad for his first weekend in F1.

Edited Mar 27, 2021
    ipreferjester likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 27, 2021

4 time world champion means something esp in Europe. Vettel still has great popularity among F1 fans. That brings lots of mid range sponsors that the team still needs. Same with Schumacher on Haas. He doesn’t bring any specific sponsor but helps get more money from mid range sponsors and keeps some around that might have dropped.

he had bad luck and on his last lap with 2 yellows. Don’t count him out yet

davy26 and Gamma11 like this.
  3. texasmade Mar 27, 2021

Only Toto thinks still thinks Ocon is a future WDC. I’m pretty sure everyone else knows Ocon isn’t in the same league as Max, Lewis, Charles, and Fernando.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 27, 2021

I think he’s definitely not bad, 2018 when he was against Perez was probably the best showing we saw of him with him not beating Perez but not being far behind a very well regarded veteran. Then last year against Danny Ric he got blown out, 119 points to 62 and while Danny Ric is a very good driver he wasn’t as good as Max and I’ll admit that even as an Australian. Alonso is an apex predator that ended the careers or broke Van Doorne, Piquet Jnr, Grosjean (well he was sent back to GP2), Masa, Truli, Fisi, Raikonnen… If he’s still got it Ocon will not last.

5. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Mar 28, 2021

Well said Foo. I think that in his highly successful years at Red Bul
    Well said Foo. During his Red Bull period, Vettel’s on-track ‘attitude’ and resilience became degraded as a result of the relative lack of close competition. When he embarked on his Ferrari years, he had to start again in these respects, just as if he was a F1 rookie once again. The technical quality of the cars, and the ongoing political strife that tends to be ongoing at the Scuderia, took a tremendous toll on his mental strength. I’d like to think now that once the Aston is fettled into a car to his liking, he will be putting in performances which will leave his critics with ovum-decorated countenances!
    smlVettRB.jpg

RJwatches likes this.
  6. Wombat123 Mar 28, 2021

Ready to start! just decided yesterday i’m fan of 2 drivers and adopted Lando Norris :)

448CC343-9F15-4EE7-8DB2-1C96173AA77C.jpeg
  7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 28, 2021

Dutchy or Mexican? Alonso Danny Ric and Lando are my favourites

8. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 28, 2021

9. texasmade Mar 28, 2021

Mazespin doesn’t disappoint on lap 1!

10. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Mar 28, 2021

Finally with the track limits call

11. texasmade Mar 28, 2021

Gripping stuff. Lewis wisely drove wide to make Max overtake off the track.

marco likes this.
  12. MRC Mar 28, 2021

Helluva start to the season :thumbsup:

How pick DotD? I am going for the pitlane start to 5th! I hope his detractors are thinking again.

13. simonsays Mar 28, 2021

I would give DOTD to Lewis with out doubt, I don't quite know how he won that race, and I expect Red Bull must be asking the same question.

Great to see the battle between Lando and Daniel, that is going to be a fierce battle worth watching. I hope they can keep it civil, but it may end in tears.

Very disappointing error by Gasly after such a great weekend. He will be kicking himself.

Solid drive from Perez, but I don't see it as any evidence of what Red Bull need from him. Not a replacement for Ricciardo, and not looking close to Max in outright pace.

Vettel raised hopes with an entertaining battle with Alonso before reverting to form and making an embarrassing mistake.

Foo2rama likes this.
  14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 28, 2021

@simonsays

did you see all of the 2 wide in a turn action Lando was in?

man him and Danny on the first lap then-with a few others later in the race. Love that kid!

simonsays likes this.
  15. simonsays Mar 28, 2021

I only saw UK Ch4 highlights, but was not impressed with the coverage. I felt we missed a lot of action. Lando is really confident, and seeing him battling Ricciardo and coming out on top shows his class. He really has developed so much in the last couple of years. Future championship winning material for sure. And such a likeable chap.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. Albe100 Mar 28, 2021

I love how Alonso was told that Stroll and Sainz were in front of him after Q3 ended and he simply said, "ok, we will pass them on the start" and he actually did. I know people love to hate him, but if he had made some better seat choices, he's one of the best out there and probably one of the best at extracting more than what the car can do.

17. 8100_RPM Mar 28, 2021

Is Mazespin the new "Tosser"? ::stirthepot::

Although I would have preferred it if the other guy won, it was nice to watch a race that went down to the wire and was actually exciting.

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  18. arturo7 Mar 28, 2021

Perez had 3rd fastest lap time after Bottas and Max.

19. Dogmann Mar 29, 2021

@davy26
    Yeah Vettel showed us all how is still able to make a rookie mistake and crash into the back of the car in front whilst of course claiming they moved and of course it was their fault. Sorry but I for one think Vettel is well past his sell by date and that Aston Martin as they now are made a huge mistake in letting Perez go in favour of him although as it has turned out they did Perez and huge favour in reality. For his first drive in the Red Bull and considering the issue he had before the race even started forcing Perez to start from the pit lane I think he showed more than enough to make Red Bull happy with their decision and Aston Martin start to regret theirs.

For the first race of the season it was a great start IMO as their was plenty of action and it was far from being just a boring parade of cars around the track, looking forward to the next race and the rest of the season to see just what it brings.

Marc

RJwatches and marco like this.
  20. iChristos Mar 29, 2021

What a season start.
    I didn't get how Max doesn't win this, we see all the experience and determination of Lewis. It is a promising battle for all the year.
    Perez made a great remontada but I want to see him closer from the start of the race so Red Bull can also make tricks with the strategy.
    Clearly McLaren seems to be 3rd with Ferrari close and then Aston Martin, Alpha Tauri.
    Alpine disappointed me with the race pace & Alpha Romeo improve a lot.
    It's only the beginning of the season, let's see.

simonsays likes this.