Eterna Matic

This would have been such a great watch without the day date function and with a handwound movement.

Can you explain why you feel this would be a great watch if it was manual wind vs automatic?

I'm wondering if anyone has information about this model.
Never seen it before, but the bracelet is cool!

Found this Eterna Matic is the front original
dial ? 1422 U movement inside ? from which year
is this Eterna Matic thanks for the info !

Back from the spa... Not convinced with this strap

I support that watch and your dog, but not your choice of strap 😁

I support that watch and your dog, but not your choice of strap 😁
I know, the dog is the star of the picture 😀

It's already with another one! Need to take a picture of it tomorrow on day light.

Back from the spa... Not convinced with this strap

Not diggin' the strap either, but 👍 👍 for the watch and dog.

Les, it's a good looking watch, and I'm looking forward to seeing it on a good looking strap.

Pay no heed to the criticism of that strap!

It’s just playground envy.

TBH I’d take it over any NATO any day 😉

Hi,
is it a cal. 852S?
Looks very nice!!!
Regards - HU
Thanks! I'm afraid it is not 🙁
It's caliber 1079H

So, changed the strap to this one yesterday... Yesterday I was liking it, today... I'm like "it's ok but still not there yet"
The idea is that the colour goes with the numerals, and the stitches with the black of the hands

So, changed the strap to this one yesterday... Yesterday I was liking it, today... I'm like "it's ok but still not there yet"
The idea is that the colour goes with the numerals, and the stitches with the black of the hands
Outstanding! Do you have a funky 70s watch for that other strap?

I think a thinner strap and one with a darker/ non-popping -down to earth tone will look better.
I also don't like the modern "two-stitch" design and prefer the more vintage kind of stitches, but thats just an personal opinion.
Here is a strap that I think looked very good paired with what I presume is a same case as yours:

Outstanding! Do you have a funky 70s watch for that other strap?
Thanks! I'm afraid not... Don't have many watches from the 70s other than my Deauville (integrated bracelet). Well, and my Kontiki maybe, but also on bracelet. Oh oh... Actually! Had forgotten I had this watch, I wanted to sell it and had put it away (always do that once the decision is taken).

I think a thinner strap and one with a darker/ non-popping -down to earth tone will look better.
I also don't like the modern "two-stitch" design and prefer the more vintage kind of stitches, but thats just an personal opinion.
Here is a strap that I think looked very good paired with what I presume is a same case as yours:
I hear and your strap is really nice, and yes same case indeed. I also prefer older/traditional style!
Thanks for the suggestion, I shall investigate more.

I'll play the strap game, for I too have the same case, only in 18K. Sometimes classic is good, sometimes I like python though.

Les, I am digging that new combination.
Edited:

I'm wondering if anyone has information about this model.
I have since received mine and I was unable to find more information online. I will therefore post some information on the Eterna Transat here for reference and I hope it'll be indexed properly in the search engines.

This isn't my first rodeo with a 1980s Eterna quartz: I own several others, most notably two Royal Quartzes. I took a picture today of the one I think the Transat is inspired on.

Back to the Transat. It appears inferior to the RQ in quality but it's a remarkable watch all the same. The bracelet is solid and very well-constructed, as I've come to expect from any 1980s Eterna. That means solid and screwed links!
Sadly, mine has a relumed dial, so the hunt for a replacement dial is on. The rest of the watch is great though.

The bracelet is very well-constructed and almost seems fluid in terms of fit. The links are solid and there isn't any stretch and the bracelet features a very attractive taper.

The case is very well finished with attractive bevels and ultra thin! The case doesn't state if the bezel is solid gold, but I suspect it, given the lack of wear on the bezel while the bracelet plating is worn through in some spots.

The clasp is incredibly solid.

The finishing catches the light wonderfully.

Inside is an ESA 955.412 which according to Ranfft dates this watch to 1985-1988, confirming my suspicions on its age. Does anyone know what the 'S.F.' below 'Stainless steel' means?

Eterna Sonic Kontiki Super ref. 131FTT, for reference.

Proper unsigned crown.

ESA cal. 9162 movement. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&69&2uswk&ETA-ESA_9162

90245992bc9c8cb8c528fd42e2a3a714d12f348a.jpeg