Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyrantlizardrex Oct 6, 2018

You should probably not tell me what I should do.

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 6, 2018

3. ac106 Oct 6, 2018

Then don’t act like a jerk, calling people goons for like certain watches.

Seriously wtf

Vintagewtchzilla and kov like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 6, 2018

Since no one is posting more pics of ultramans, I guess I'll post this.

sarah-dahlinger-squirrellizard-004-web.jpg

Only ever spotted on OF; the uncommon squizard.

:D

(Just takin' this piss Chris)

5. gostang9 Oct 6, 2018

My Ultraman is in PERFECT condition!

#notforsale
    #oemorangehand
    #noextractofarchives

::psy::

CBB448D9-1A36-4331-BC91-B92163AFBDCD.jpeg

6. Longbow Oct 6, 2018

Since that’s derived from the original investment grade Ultraman does that mean yours is a derivative asset?

gostang9 and Foo2rama like this.
  7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 6, 2018

Years ago, I saw the Japanese magazine with a 145.012 with an orange hand. I thought, that looks fun.
    Then the chrono broke during service on my 145.022. Rather than try to match a new central hand, I took a Watchco hand (yes that long ago) and aged it a bit and here:

P6250003-001.jpg

I dare not show my real Ultra for fear of being ridiculed and belittled. Oh hold on. On second thoughts its just a watch.

P5210025.jpg

RawArcher, Kmart, Seaborg and 24 others like this.
  8. dakota.destiny Oct 6, 2018

It is beautiful.

Pun likes this.
  9. Davidt Oct 6, 2018

All other tomfoolery aside, there is a place for questions about value, it's a valid and crucial part of collecting.

However, it does feel like the value aspect of vintage watches is overtaking the watches themselves lately. Everything's about value this, investment that and bubble the other. I'm guilty of it myself, but quite frankly I'd welcome a crash in the value of vintage watches.

Initially it was reassuring to think "hey that watch I bought 18 months ago for x is now worth 2x". After a while it gets to "ffs those watches I used to enjoy buying for x are now 3x and I can no longer buy them anywhere near as often as I used to".

Obviously I'm being slightly dramatic here but it's important to remember why most of us got into this hobby in the first place and I'm sure it wasn't to concentrate on the value.

Nathan1967, RawArcher, Kmart and 17 others like this.
  10. kingscourt15jwls Oct 6, 2018

Didn't read the whole 10 pages, but i feel this is all I need to know.

kov, Vintagewtchzilla and Pun like this.
  11. tyrantlizardrex Oct 6, 2018

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I’ve yet to meet anyone whos “origin story” as a watch collector involves them getting into the hobby for “high potential return on investment”.

Edited Oct 6, 2018
    Nathan1967, Kmart, Jimbo555 and 7 others like this.
  12. abrod520 Oct 6, 2018

145.012 Ultraman models bore me. This one does not. Please share more photos perhaps in a different thread?

RawArcher, Kmart, sdre and 5 others like this.
  13. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 7, 2018

hey chris

- i was simply trying to tell the actual and accepted facts about this model... nothing more or less. everybody (incl. you) can have his own opinion.
    - if u read the "fake news" articles u will see or should know that those are confirmed by petros
    - for the records ... i bought mine long before the hype and don't feel guilty to own one
    - i don't see your problem with money, there are people who work hard for their money and enjoy to buy unnecessary, useless, overpriced stuff
    just for their own pleasure. so who cares.
    - you can call me or others whatever u like, nobody cares but it would be just more fun when we can stay on the non-emotional side

cheers

Edited Oct 7, 2018
    kov and Traveler like this.
  14. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 7, 2018

ahhh the mysterious "i asked for the extract and they said it's an ultraman " watch. let me resume your interview (at 11.47 min just for those who care) with WEY COH

it came with a white hand
    you send inquiry for an extract
    the extract came back and stated , special model fitted with orange hand
    then you mounted a orange hand (still the wrong)

but we learned from other members like @simonsays on page before, that omega has no records about this detail.... so how could they know ? especially as others have to send pics for evaluation before they get the extract for evaluation ?

the pic from your website
    145.012-67-Ultraman.jpg

15. ConElPueblo Oct 7, 2018

Sorry, I think you meant "my observations" here.

Happy to help :thumbsup:

Nathan1967 and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  16. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 7, 2018

nope .... i am tired to list everything again ... go have a read at MWO and fratello, ask omega heritage team and every other owner of one ...

17. ConElPueblo Oct 7, 2018

Guess you should start making extracts ;)

Nathan1967, sdre, pennsyl936 and 2 others like this.
  18. simonsays Oct 7, 2018

I would not like to be credited with this information, but it is what I have heard, and I don't believe the type of hand fitted is kept in the extract information.

So as there are a few owners on this forum it would be very educational to hear the process of getting your 'Ultraman' extract and what was involved first hand?

@Cad290, @kov, @Spacefruit

Nathan1967, sdre, S.H. and 4 others like this.
  19. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 7, 2018

And your point is?

No Mystery. You failed to include the relevant text for my photo:

There is also an Ultraman, fitted with an orange hand. I have heard there are about 50 in existence and they all fall in the 2607xxxx range. An Extract is essential when buying one. The one I own has a central orange hand that is 1mm too short – I know it is not original, as I fitted it with this Omega Service hand. The MWO authors cover Ultramen in depth here.

And I thought you were walking away from this?

But since you are back....

The History of my Ultraman in no secret. But thanks for promoting the site. (And the interview - with Wei Koh. You might want to spell his name right next time).

You are the one person to has claimed to have seen or handled 12 examples - and that you personally know the owners and that you are very familiar with them. You are in a position with Ultramans to be the acknowledged expert, and I truly look to you for information.

All I am asking, and I think I am not alone, is that you step up and post a few photos of UM's especially the dials as it is an area of great interest to many of us as it would be a subtle difference, the kind we all love to see.

I do not have access to these watches but you do, so all we ask is that you post photos of them so we can all learn. For me its about learning, not being right.

I know my UM is wrong - I told you all it was - a fluke buy. Lucky me.

Edited Oct 7, 2018
  20. Vintagewtchzilla Oct 7, 2018

hello william

- i've never said that i alone handled them, i spoke of a group.
    - thx for calling me expert but i would never claim this title as i learn everyday something new ...
    - as you surely understand and i am sure u do the same, i handle pictures of any watch i get showed, as private and confidential information. so i will not post any other watch than my own ones.
    a simple google or instagram search delivers enough results to compare and build a opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.