Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sherbie Oct 8, 2018

Exactly right William - and thats why, when ordering an extract, you should ONLY give Omega the movement number ( and not the case ref, type of watch ( speedmaster, seamaster, connie etc), nor anything else ( bracelet, dial colour, chronometer etc, caliber etc etc)

Let the buggers work for their money

tyrantlizardrex and Davidt like this.
  2. Pun Oct 8, 2018

Like the TinTin dial is darker and glossier than the normal Moonwatch dial, as I see it. Just my 2 cents...

586BE1E0-20DE-451F-965D-319F9B9C8A6A.jpeg
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 8, 2018

FIFY

image.jpeg

sxl2004, Nathan1967, Isac and 5 others like this.
  4. Gefa Oct 9, 2018

... You should edit your post again, it's not suitable to offend people and insinuate them
    they couldn't know there a.. from their e... ::facepalm2::
    ...and I am pretty sure you would buy a UM for 8k....

eugeneandresson and Pun like this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Oct 9, 2018

"What would you like your extract of the archives to say sir?"

sxl2004, Vicke, sdre and 2 others like this.
  6. Gefa Oct 9, 2018

I will not pour extra oil into this fire, I am just talking about manners ..

igloe, kov and eugeneandresson like this.
  7. mr_yossarian Oct 9, 2018

The actual question is: who does what for whom for what..I wouldn't beat on the Archive Team in whole, but rather ask how certain things can happen ( see my above Link with the dealers UM, wrong Chrono-hand, extract though..) and to whose advantage..that's the part where it gets highly sensitive.

Pun, Dan S and simonsays like this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 9, 2018

I have the feeling several people will be very disappointed by reading this particular comment, especially coming from you Chris. :(
    You know that this is def not the case. Omega Archives are not self-service and discrediting them as such is a rather silly move imo. :thumbsdown:

Gefa, eugeneandresson and igloe like this.
  9. igloe Oct 9, 2018

I am maybe not in a position to say much on OF as I am not a real active member and very often it’s better to keep quiet, but I don’t think a discussion between collectors with different opponions about a watch and the history should end in a attack on the guys at Omega. We all should be happy that Omega has such an team. (So now who thinks he should attack me, fell free and Feuer frei).

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 9, 2018

An important distinction to bear in mind with what I wrote earlier is the ‘if so’. That seems to have been missed. It has been suggested that in the past the archive extract process was, how shall we say, rather less rigidly administered than it supposedly is now. There have been suggestions, backed up by evidence, that in former times influence could be brought to bear in what was printed on the extracts. It has been stated here and elsewhere that this is not the case any longer which if so is clearly a good thing all round. My comment addressed the suggestions in this thread than even today, what is printed on the extract can be influenced by the current physical appearance of a watch. ie you need to present your Ultraman for inspection. To my mind it should not, it should be based purely to on what if anything can be gleaned from the records. If they really request inspection before issuing an extract, that suggests to me that the record is patchy and shouldn’t necessarily be relied on.

11. Davidt Oct 9, 2018

I don’t understand how anyone could disagree with this.

The current state of a watch has no bearing on how it was originally configured.

Either archive data is there or it isn’t.

This isn’t directed purely at the vintage Ultramans, it’s a general principle surely?!

Edited Oct 9, 2018
    heavenscloud, Pun, cristos71 and 11 others like this.
  12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 9, 2018

The stinky bit, is who first suggested to, and, succeeded in persuading, the people in the museum to write an extract that does not accurately reflect the details in the records.

The museum has a long history of issueing extracts on 2998's for example, to auction houses where a collector asking for the same number, and those very close, gets no extract.

I am not blaming the museum. I am blaming the profit motivated people who have pushed them to a place they almost certainly do not want to be in now. I think there are people who have taken gross advantage of the good nature of the museum staff, and now hanging them out to dry.

Wrong size, wrong paint.
    Wont fly.

Pun and dennisthemenace like this.
  13. cristos71 Oct 9, 2018

The $65,000 seconds hand! :rolleyes:

What a laugh, I'm soooo glad I collect Constellations, at least when there is here talk of a 'Special Dial' I can see WTF it is! :D

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 9, 2018

Prototype ;)

15. simonsays Oct 9, 2018

That is question only certain people can answer, and it is proberbly not in their interest to do so.

I believe in the case of racing dials that Omega will still put this in the remarks if it is present on the watch even if there is no record in the archives.
    I don’t have a problem with this, because Racing dials are like rocking horse poo.

Orange hands and 145.012 watches in serial range are not such a big problem to source. In fact I could source those today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.