Did I expect too much from Omega?

Yes...completely obvious...except there is no such thing listed in either the Omega Customer Service policy documents, or in the Omega Customer Care policy documents.

Unless the country/region you live in has specific consumer laws that would drive this, the only obligation Omega has is outlined in the warranty documentation that came with your watch. That is typically repairs under warranty, and if Omega does replace a watch it is typically done as a courtesy, not under warranty. This type of courtesy decision is made on a case by case basis, usually by the country customer care manager.
In other words, at this point the answer to your (OP) original question is, “yes”

Well sorry for your trouble but the willingness to save a bunch of money using a grey marker seller also comes with the willingness to absorb the risk of having to repair it under their warranty. You won’t get much empathy for a defective product bought under those circumstances. I see people willing to take that risk almost daily most times it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. There is chance that buying outside the network means possibly buying problem watches to begin with and having to deal with the consequences. Every company has a few defective units...

If the watch had the full Omega warranty is wasn't really "gray market". It isn't the ADs business where an under warranty watch came from. There is no additional risk.

Don't ask what Omega can do for You, but ask what You can do for Omega ... 😁

I don’t understand how someone makes the decision to buy from grey market and yet is angry at an OB for their service level.

Personally, if I expected great service from an OB, I would buy from them and pay the higher price as a result. Alternatively, if I bought from a grey market dealer, I would accept that I would not get top notch service from any OB as I didn’t buy through them.

Also, I would expect service from whoever I bought from. In the OP’s case, keep going back to the grey market seller until it is right. Takes longer? Well, you paid less so should expect less...

No excuse to treat your customer that way for whatever reason.

I don’t understand how someone makes the decision to buy from grey market and yet is angry at an OB for their service level.

Personally, if I expected great service from an OB, I would buy from them and pay the higher price as a result. Alternatively, if I bought from a grey market dealer, I would accept that I would not get top notch service from any OB as I didn’t buy through them.

Also, I would expect service from whoever I bought from. In the OP’s case, keep going back to the grey market seller until it is right. Takes longer? Well, you paid less so should expect less...

If you own an Omega watch that is still under factory warranty, there should be no difference in level of service from the AD, OB or Omega itself. It isn't their business where it came from. It could have been bought used, won in a poker game or bequeath from your dead childless uncle. It literally does not matter and no one should except or receive poor service because of this.

Why would you send it back to the dealer when it's under Omega warranty? If you bought it on OF, would you return it to the seller to fix or send it to Omega?

WTF

No excuse to treat your customer that way for whatever reason.

I agree - if what the OP has stated is real, then the treatment he received was uncalled for, and quite unprofessional.

If you own an Omega watch that is still under factory warranty, there should be no difference in level of service from the AD, OB or Omega itself. It isn't their business where it came from. It could have been bought used, won in a poker game or bequeath from your dead childless uncle. It literally does not matter and no one should except or receive poor service because of this.

Why would you send it back to the dealer when it's under Omega warranty? If you bought it on OF, would you return it to the seller to fix or send it to Omega?

WTF

Yes, if it has Omega warranty, then it should go back to Omega to be fixed. Where it came from doesn't matter - if you have a valid warranty card that's all you need.

I just got a watch back from the Boutique that I sent off for service and the staff there is always beyond nice and courteous. I purchased this watch from someone who needed some cash and it came with an intact Omega warranty. The watch made its way to the service center and came back just under 4 weeks. The Boutique knew I didn't purchase the watch there but was more than happy to assist me. I'm sure they have a degree of contempt for me having purchased the watch elsewhere (I've worked in sales before and I understand this feeling) but they do a great job of hiding it. They know me there for mainly buying accessories such as clasps and bracelets. I'm sorry to hear about your experience but I really think you caught the perfect storm and you should give warranty another shot. Rarely can a watch be irreparable.

And if you think Rolex is any better, wait till you get a letter back from the service center blaming you for the issues as they outline an itemized price list for the parts that need to be replaced.

If the watch had the full Omega warranty is wasn't really "gray market". It isn't the ADs business where an under warranty watch came from. There is no additional risk.
How is that?
Most grey market watches come with the warranty card, and stamped by an AD.

However, I do agree with your second point.

Most grey market watches come with the warranty card, and stamped by an AD.
Actually,,the truth is quite the opposite. Most grey market sellers offer their own warranty with Omega watches they sell, not the manufacturers warranty.

Actually,,the truth is quite the opposite. Most grey market sellers offer their own warranty with Omega watches they sell, not the manufacturers warranty.
That is the first time I hear that... I am literally shocked.
Every watch that I, or any of my friends, have bought at a grey dealer has come with the original warranty card. I am not talking specifically about Omega. Why would you buy a watch without papers?!
Might be a difference between Europe and US?

Why would you buy a watch without papers?![/QUOTE
30% off retail, which is often enough to pay for a service or two down the line, is quite an incentive.

I agree

I agree - if what the OP has stated is real, then the treatment he received was uncalled for, and quite unprofessional.

Yes, if it has Omega warranty, then it should go back to Omega to be fixed. Where it came from doesn't matter - if you have a valid warranty card that's all you need.
Well that was what I was thinking.....

That is the first time I hear that... I am literally shocked.
Every watch that I, or any of my friends, have bought at a grey dealer has come with the original warranty card. I am not talking specifically about Omega. Why would you buy a watch without papers?!
Might be a difference between Europe and US?

It has all the papers, original Omega warranty and everything.

Btw, the summary of what was wrong with my watch, which I got promised I would receive from the boutique director still hasnt arrived, I emailed him last thursday, and he once again just ignores my email, I really expect a tiny bit more respect like cmon he promised that he would send me one. This is the 2nd time he just ignores my emails, first time he even admitted doing that.

^^^
This wholly and precisely.

If it was sourced originally from an AD and has a valid warranty card it's a valid warranty.

There's no difference between a grey market watch with a valid warranty and buying a used watch still in its warranty period.

If I buy a Honda that was purchased 2 months ago from someone who suddenly has to move abroad or doesn't like the car it's not like Honda can say the car isn't under warranty it doesn't matter.

^^^
This wholly and precisely.

If it was sourced originally from an AD and has a valid warranty card it's a valid warranty.

There's no difference between a grey market watch with a valid warranty and buying a used watch still in its warranty period.

If I buy a Honda that was purchased 2 months ago from someone who suddenly has to move abroad or doesn't like the car it's not like Honda can say the car isn't under warranty it doesn't matter.

Thats why Im so upset with the customer support

Btw, the summary of what was wrong with my watch, which I got promised I would receive from the boutique director still hasnt arrived, I emailed him last thursday, and he once again just ignores my email, I really expect a tiny bit more respect like cmon he promised that he would send me one. This is the 2nd time he just ignores my emails, first time he even admitted doing that.

I'm guessing there's another side to this story. As I've said, Omega doesn't give summaries like you are asking for...

Why would you send it back to the dealer when it's under Omega warranty? If you bought it on OF, would you return it to the seller to fix or send it to Omega
Is the OB = Omega service center?

When someone buys a watch through a secondary channel, are they really supposed to have the same access and friendly service via the primary channel? Makes no sense to me... ergo, why I said “to me...”

For the record, I have purchased 2 Speedies via secondary channels, and I paid much less than I would have through primary OB or AD channels, and so for me, I do not expect to receive the same level of access and service through the OB/AD channels.