Forums Latest Members

Deployant, Deployante, Deployment, Clasp

1. Malik713 Jan 30, 2016

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2016

I'll see your stabbing a horse and raise you Lightsabering a Taun-Taun

[​IMG]

3. ulackfocus Jan 30, 2016

..... and I thought they smelled bad on the outside!

4. lillatroll Jan 30, 2016

5. NT931 Jan 31, 2016

And to get back to the original question... (man you guys are hilarious)

@Leftinthelurch , comfort is not only determined by the type of deployant clasp, but also by where it sits on the wrist, which is in turn determined by the strap length. If the strap length results in the curved clasp sitting in the middle of the 'bottom' of the wrist, that's correct.

If you have a normal sized wrist, that's not a problem usually. If you have an unusually slim or large wrist, you may have to change straps - a strap that fits a tang buckle well may not always convert to a deployant well in terms of comfort.

Hope this helps!

Leftinthelurch and dsio like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 31, 2016

7. ulackfocus Jan 31, 2016

Yes, that's absolutely true. But we should all use the made-up words that are unanimously agreed on as correct. This is called a hamburger in America:

Unknown.jpeg

But what if everyone didn't agree on that word? What if half the population called it a 'cow patty'? Imagine what you'd get if you ordered a cow patty from the wrong person! :eek: :unsure:

So I say, from now on if somebody asks about a deployant clasp and incorrectly uses the word deployment, they're whisked off to serve in their country's armed forces in a foreign military zone. That would end the improper use of the term 'deployment clasp', wouldn't it?

8. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 31, 2016

That's not a hamburger, it's a bouefburger.

JimInOz and ulackfocus like this.
  9. lillatroll Jan 31, 2016

The term is not unanimously agreed on, only you are arguing that. As many people use deployment as do deployant.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2016

A lot of people say "axed" instead of "asked" too (especially on Judge Judy) but its not correct.

If you axed your wife here you'd go to prison. :)

Traveler, RawArcher and ulackfocus like this.
  11. abrod520 Jan 31, 2016

I want to axe people who say axed. And the nuculars, too

RawArcher and ulackfocus like this.
  12. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2016

13. ulackfocus Jan 31, 2016

Well, it's unanimously agreed upon amongst people who use the correct word.

And the people who use 'deployment' are wrong. Plain & simple. Just like people misuse the phrase "I could care less!" when it's "I could not care less!", and "Have your cake and eat it too" is actually "Eat your cake then have it too". Think about it. There are plenty of people who could benefit from remedial grammar classes. I see them all over the internet each day.

WatchAutist, Traveler and RawArcher like this.
  14. speedy57 Jan 31, 2016

Agreed, the OP probably isn't worried about exact terminology, as that is not his question, And since everyone knows that isn't his question, why the discussion and potential insult to the member? Moving forward, and more directly to his question... I agree that the Deploy type clasps are more comfortable than the standard buckle, and yes it can be tricky to get it all lined up on your wrist correctly. But worth it when you do. I personally find the omega Deploy style the most comfortable and attractive since the spare band length is under. The butterfly style on my zenith el primero, centers nice, but I dislike the butterfly style to put on in the mornings and do not care for the bend it continually puts on the end of the long strap having to slip it into the keepers. So, my .02 is Real omega on an omega watch... Omega style deploy on a non omega watch. Hoping this opinion was helpful.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 31, 2016

And I will give that another recommendation for Bob's deployant clasps. Very comfortable and well made.

Cheers, Al

16. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jan 31, 2016

We need more of this :D
    (1)downloadfile.jpg

Traveler, RawArcher and ulackfocus like this.
  17. italy1861 Jan 31, 2016

I also recommend Bob's deployant clasps. Very well made and lifetime warranty. :thumbsup:

18. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 31, 2016

Well it seems the correct term is actually Deploy type clasp.
    We have all been wrong all along.::screwloose::

Traveler likes this.
  19. lillatroll Jan 31, 2016

::facepalm2::

CdnWatchDoc likes this.
  20. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 31, 2016

Not to be a pain in the ass (necessarily) but that is how that word was originally pronounced, and not everyone has moved to the newer pronunciation.

Tom