Classic car spotting this week.

Posts
3,600
Likes
9,156
Is the silver #1 a Marcos?
It's an E-type Jaguar (XKE in the USA) "Lightweight". Or a replica of the seven original factory cars, replicas probably number in the hundreds... The originals had aluminium bodies and aluminium blocks for the engines instead of cast iron. I think you'd be looking a a few million Cowrie Shells for an original.

EDIT: I see a fire extinguisher handle on the scuttle and hints of a decent roll-cage so I'd guess it's been used for racing or track-days in the UK. Searching on the registration number gives no results 馃檨
Edited:
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
A Town and Country and a Country.
I'd have them both.

But I'd have to fix that shitty spotlight handle and replace the rusty bolt with something better.

Edited:
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
Was somewhat painful to watch this driver today... as she attempted parking in a tight NYC spot. Yes, that's her tail touching the SUV. And not just one time. Oh boy.
That's probably her daily beater hah
 
Posts
3,150
Likes
6,549
1948 Chrysler Town and Country with a Jaguar engine? Sounds interesting, probably some great history to it.
no no - other car. 馃槈 This one:



XK
Edited:
 
Posts
4,344
Likes
12,768
no no - other car. 馃槈 This one:



XK
Well, darn. I, too, thought the Jag was in the Town and Country and thought it made for a reallt interesring engine swap.
 
Posts
18,737
Likes
38,888
Well, darn. I, too, thought the Jag was in the Town and Country and thought it made for a reallt interesring engine swap.
Not the only one.
But after internetting the T&C, combining the British Jag engine to the Chrysler Fluid Drive gearbox would have been a challenge, if not sacrelige.
 
Posts
4,344
Likes
12,768
Not the only one.
But after internetting the T&C, combining the British Jag engine to the Chrysler Fluid Drive gearbox would have been a challenge, if not sacrelige.
That was one of the things that really piqued my interest. Mating those would have made for great discussion fodder.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
Lol so I had an ABS issue that would light up the parking brake, traction control and ABS lights. Also, if I leave the battery disconnected - sometimes I will get the check engine light for a bit.
I recently got the ABS system fixed which eliminated all of those lights. And then, I kept the battery connected long enough and drove it enough this weekend for that light to go away too!
Feels pretty good hah.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
Alright alright. Some of you all need to check your attitudes lol.
 
Posts
4,073
Likes
6,980
Alright alright. Some of you all need to check your attitudes lol.
I did actually tour the Range Rover factory last week. Kind of an impressive operation.
 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
I did actually tour the Range Rover factory last week. Kind of an impressive operation.
Have they figured out how to make them reliable yet? lol
In all seriousness though that actually sounds like it would be pretty cool to check out their operation.
 
Posts
5,310
Likes
53,979

A rare classic sighting...not a single dash light!

Yeah probably the voltage regulator that controls the bulbs gone faulty and it would explain the undoubtedly erroneous reading on the RPM dial, fuel gauge and temp reading.