Forums Latest Members

CK2998 Pulsemeter and some strap options.

1. Blackdog Aug 29, 2019

Last week I got my Bday gift from my wife, directly from the OB in Madrid.

A lovely CK2998 Pulsemeter Speedy.

Since we decided on the watch I wanted I've been pondering the idea of getting a bracelet for it. Either a 1125 (which would probably suit a FOIS better, for the eminently vintage flavour) or a 1565 Racing (which is likely rather expensive).

So I'm still undecided on the bracelet, and while the stock perforated strap is simply gorgeous, the summer is not yet over here so I decided to try other options that would stand sweat a bit better...

First thing I tried was a cheap NATO I had in the drawer. I put some decent hardware on it (from a Bonetto 328 rubber), and was rather happy with it:

[​IMG]

I have an Omega NATO in 20mm that I normally wear with my X-33. But it was too bulky for the CK, too overpowering. SO no need to explore that route any further....

But today I received a couple of straps I ordered from Crown and Buckle (both in 19mm):

First is a Supreme NATO in Gunmetal grey. This is an extremely comfy strap, and the hardware is top notch. I opted for the single layer option so that it doesn't raise the watch head too much:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the second is the Chevron strap in Night+Harvest. This one has a coarser weave and kinda resembles the fabric straps that used to come with the Blackbay. The hardware is very similar too. This one also feels great and the buckle is adjustable. It's probably a bit short for some people, but for my 7.5" wrist is just fine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am also awaiting some additional perforated leather straps I ordered from WatchGecko.

But I am already very impressed at how good this watch looks on different straps. With these many options I'm not sure I will be needing the bracelet after all.... I have other watches on bracelet anyway...

What do you think ? Got a CK with other than stock straps to share ?

Wetworks likes this.
  2. Prestonbarnett Aug 29, 2019

Bro I literally was looking at these two bands to buy and your pics/review is super helpful.

I also want a single layer NATO to keep the heights low and I like the idea of their adjustable chevron strap.

Which feels more comfy and light? I like the NATO look and the hardware.

3. Blackdog Aug 29, 2019

They are both very light. Hard to tell any difference.

In terms of comfort I would say the Supreme NATO has a nicer feel on the skin. It has a very silky finish and is very supple.
    The Chevron is a bit stiffer and the coarser weave makes you feel the edges a bit more, but it's quite comfortable all the same.

I like the fact that it is a single layer. I never understood the need for the second layer. IMO serves no purpose and makes the whole thing bulkier. I usually cut the second layer off the NATO straps. The Omega NATOS have survived because they cost serious money and I like the Omega logo on the extra ring very much !

IMO the Omega NATO is the best feeling strap of its kind, and this Supreme NATO from C&B is the closest feeling one I have found so far. It's REALLY good.

[​IMG]

That said, for the time being I prefer the looks of the CK on the Chevron better.

4. Prestonbarnett Aug 29, 2019

This is super helpful man! I will be picking up a single strap nato from there in the black and gray one. Is your hardware brushed or polished?

5. Blackdog Aug 29, 2019

The hardware on the S-NATO is brushed, there's no polished option only black PVD.

The hardware on the Chevron is polished, which I usually prefer.

6. Prestonbarnett Aug 29, 2019

Thanks! I spoke with their customer care and they have polished hardware on all of the supreme natos but they’re out of almost all of them so...

7. stevec14 Aug 29, 2019

1681914F-4741-49AF-93DD-E8F1168DBCFA.jpeg Looks great. I enjoy mine on nato too but the speedy racing bracelet does suit it. It is expensive as you say (about £500 new).

I really enjoy the black leather it comes on also but for me it makes it more dressy than need be.

76C128E2-6F33-44F4-94D5-071E55E75664.jpeg

Blackdog likes this.
  8. Bp1000 Aug 29, 2019

Congratulations on the watch!

And thanks for the write up. Love the chevron strap. I’ve tried different ones similar your first two pics. It’s currently on a JPM which isn’t that practical for a hot summer but I haven’t bothered to change back to an omega nato yet.

A4AD6DED-6C81-4EED-B7B0-FE3521C0AF02.jpeg
  9. stevec14 Aug 29, 2019

I think the brown strap looks terrific and tones down the watch a little. My next move I reckon....

10. LeonDeBayonne Aug 29, 2019

11. Blackdog Aug 29, 2019

12. LeonDeBayonne Aug 30, 2019

560. I prefer them to 617, which seem to be a tad longer.

13. OmegaYooper Aug 31, 2019

wow, the bracelet looks great. I have mine on a leather strap, but you’ve given me something to think about. Thank you!

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  14. Blackdog Aug 31, 2019

I'm checking with my local AD how much the 1125/560 would cost.... Your picture steered me more in this direction than the 1565, which I'm thinking looks a bit too modern.

We'll see... Only worried that the clasp would look/feel too vintage...

Got any pictures from the side, and any of the clasp ?

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  15. LeonDeBayonne Aug 31, 2019

The bracelet costs 430 euros I believe. Standard new 1125.

Blackdog likes this.
  16. cholack Aug 31, 2019

Don’t own this reference but you guys make it oh so tempting

Blackdog likes this.
  17. Blackdog Sep 1, 2019

I'm loving mine ! It's a nice variation of the FOIS theme. Bolder and with a touch of colour.

Something I've not seen mentioned is that it has a slight Paul Newman Daytona flavour... at least IMO.

nzshadow likes this.
  18. nzshadow Stowaway Sep 1, 2019

Co-sign. I have one of these in olive & it is BY FAR the nicest, smoothest nato I own.

19. Blackdog Sep 2, 2019

I have a question for the 1125 bracelet guys. The bracelet is generally described as having "hollow links", clearly the center links are hollow, but what about the side links ? Hollow or solid ?

Thanks for the clarification.

20. zoohannover Sep 2, 2019

Edited Sep 2, 2019
    Blackdog and LeonDeBayonne like this.