Forums Latest Members
  1. Galloping_Geezer Aug 15, 2020

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a '69 Seamaster and I'm absolutely in love with it. Its beautiful and I feel sexy wearing it.
    20200815_094334.jpg

When I bought the watch, I was well aware it didn't have the original crown or watch band & buckle. I figured those are easy enough to buy after the fact but I couldn't be more wrong lol.

Im now trying to find a gold buckle for my seamaster. I found the thread on this forum that discussed the different buckles and what to look for but its really hard still to differentiate between real and fake. I bought gold buckles from 'bay and they look close to being real but I'm aware 99% of what's on ebay is not real so the likelihood of mine being real is low.
    20200815_094519.jpg 20200815_094632.jpg

I was thinking of buying buckles I saw on chrono24 but the reviews of the website is a wide spectrum. Has anybody bought parts from chrono24? Any other recommendations regarding sites that sell real omega buckles?

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 15, 2020

Honestly you're really no safer buying on chrono24 than you are on eBay.

ZIELSZIEK likes this.
  3. OmegaP99 Aug 15, 2020

I want to start off by saying your posts always make me smile. lol

I saw you asked a member in another thread if any of his hoard was for sale, that might be the best bet. You can PM members if he didn't see your question. The one you have pictured looks real to me, anybody think it looks suspect?

Edit: I see now that he responded and that they were 14mm.

Galloping_Geezer likes this.
  4. Galloping_Geezer Aug 15, 2020

SpongeBob_SquarePants_Smiling_-_Artwork.png
    =-D . I figured I'd ask other forum members about buckles they'd be willing to part ways with. I really like participating in this forum. Everyone has been helpful. Online, the prices of these buckles vary tremendously. Some prices are pretty steep, i feel, for buckles. Which then makes me second guess mine.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  5. Iceter Aug 16, 2020

I read this thread as I was looking for bracelets on Chrono24 just last night. I don’t want to hijack the thread but I have to ask, what is the story with the stylized “+2” on the dial of your watch?

6. Galloping_Geezer Aug 16, 2020

Im not terribly sure. From the continuous and frivolous research i did ( googling for about 6 minutes) i found out a little bit of information from the man I presumed was the original owner. The watch was a gift to the original owner back in 1971. He worked at a hospital, not sure doing what, but was awarded what they called a "+2" award and was given this watch.

Screenshot_20200802-202852_eBay.jpg