Chances of getting a Ck859

Posts
2,890
Likes
11,961
These are definitely available -- I was shopping for a different piece a few weeks ago and all three of the Omega ADs I visited had at least one of the 859s. The largest of these ADs made sure to point out that they could not offer discounts on this or any of the more desirable Speedies, SMPs or ATs , but that's to be expected on a watch with high demand.

It is an absolutely stunning watch in the metal -- does wear larger than I'd expected, but so much going on in that dial, and all of it good.
I agree - it wears larger than I expected. The L2L while not excessive seems a little longer as the lugs don’t curve down to the wrist that much. It’s a nice watch though, and if it is discontinued per someone above then a short run also
 
Posts
32
Likes
25
Just got the confirmation from Omega that it is now discontinued.
I'm glad I got one yesterday 😀)
 
Posts
1,150
Likes
20,003
Just got the confirmation from Omega that it is now discontinued.
I'm glad I got one yesterday 😀)
Omega may have ceased manufacturing of the CK 859. However, they still are available to purchase, which may differ regionally. They are still available on the US site:
 
Posts
32
Likes
25
Omega may have ceased manufacturing of the CK 859. However, they still are available to purchase, which may differ regionally. They are still available on the US site:
Right!
On FR site it is over:
 
Posts
1,150
Likes
20,003
Right!
On FR site it is over:
Well, congrats on obtaining your piece just in time! Mine says hi or, more appropriately, bonjour!
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,364
Still available for immediate purchase on US Omega website.
 
Posts
27
Likes
7
If I have one on order with my AD does that mean I will probably still get it?? AD has not heard of it being discontinued and is confident my order will be fulfilled. What do you guys think?? Thanks.
 
Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
I had actually forgotten about this watch and was in my local (Chicago) boutique last week to pick up another watch (had ordered a half-link for the bracelet), when I saw the CK 859 and its Sedna gold enamel dial brother in the display case. It was love at first sight for both, but opted for the CK. The OT 859 was spoiled for me by the Beijing 2022 Olympics case back, but the enamel dial is mesmerizing.
 
Posts
8,129
Likes
36,633
Nice pick up Adam 👍

But wow, why inflict quite a nice solid gold re-edition of a historical reference with that abomination of a case back? There’s absolutely no connection what so ever between the watch ref and the Olympic Games 🤨
 
Posts
193
Likes
331
I just bought one today in my local AD in Brazil. At first I thought it didn't fit me well. Later I realized that the strap was just a big too loose, so I bought it and got an extra hole in the strap.

tAdEEVl.jpg
 
Posts
61
Likes
33
I just bought one today in my local AD in Brazil. At first I thought it didn't fit me well. Later I realized that the strap was just a big too loose, so I bought it and got an extra hole in the strap.

tAdEEVl.jpg


Congratulations.
 
Posts
942
Likes
9,803
Saw one in the newcastle upon Tyne last week in the window.
 
Posts
3,850
Likes
27,369
Here is mine again on a custom shell cordovan strap for the 18mm buckle (and with boxed stitching).

Why couldn’t Omega splurge $75 for a worthy strap for this $6500 watch, instead of the cheap cowhide OEM strap?
 
Posts
6,676
Likes
11,620
Wonder if you can buy the enamel dial separately and install it in the SS version.
 
Posts
7,318
Likes
23,724
Here is mine again on a custom shell cordovan strap for the 18mm buckle (and with boxed stitching).

Why couldn’t Omega splurge $75 for a worthy strap for this $6500 watch, instead of the cheap cowhide OEM strap?

Who made your very nice strap?
 
Posts
278
Likes
1,384
I really like the ck859. A local AD is offering one for €5,300 ($5,400 US). I should save that money but I’m finding it almost impossible to say no at that price.
 
Posts
32
Likes
25
I really like the ck859. A local AD is offering one for €5,300 ($5,400 US). I should save that money but I’m finding it almost impossible to say no at that price.
That's an extremelly good price for that watch! I'd run for it!
I got mine with only 10% discount.