Forums Latest Members
  1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 17, 2019

Good Morning OF,

I have a dear friend in need of a crown for his 166.024 SP. It's powered by a caliber 565 and dated 1969.

What are the chances of sourcing this part?

If the chances are slim, what is a good alternative?

Thank you for any recommendations

Thomas

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2360.JPG
  2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 17, 2019

Omega has service crowns for this watch. The original may have been a shorter Naiad crown, which is likely harder to find.

Cousins UK lists two crowns, 42028ST in stock GBP19.96, and 42062ST as restricted. The former looks like the older, flatter crown, but your watchmaker should be the one to say whether it's suitable. I suspect the latter crown is the screw-down crown, which it appears is not suitable for your watch, hard to tell.

Tom

3. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 17, 2019

Thank you for your help. I'm not quite sure if it's a screw down crown or not. I don't see any threads based on the photos provided to me. It's a good friend of mine so I don't have the watch in-hand and honestly am not well versed in this model. I'll let him know about Cousins UK. Sincerely appreciate your time!

Best,

Thomas

[Update] He confirmed with his watch maker it requires a screw down crown.

4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Dec 17, 2019

That's the latter one. Can't get it from Cousins as it is "restricted" but now that you have the part number, it'll be easier to find.

Tom

5. MPWATCH Watch Lover Dec 17, 2019

Found! Shout out to OF
    :thumbsup::D::psy::

kkt likes this.