Forums Latest Members

Case back exchange and guarantee

1. nicolamilton Apr 27, 2021

Hello!
    Just a quick question: I want to install an exhibition case back in my Speedmaster FOIS, but I don't know if that could annul my 5 years guarantee (4 & 1/2 years left).
    I don't have Omega stores near my city, and this particular job I can do it on my own or with local watch repairer.
    Thank you in advance for your replies and greetings from Spain.

2. hronists Apr 27, 2021

if you can open watch without leaving a mark and swap original caseback back in case of potential warranty claim, how do they tell you've done something?

I recommend sticky ball by the way :)

nicolamilton likes this.
  3. Amg786s Apr 27, 2021

From the t&c's that ive read in the past relating to watch warranties, i think it would void the warranty, especially if you raised a subsequent claim after switching over to the new case back.

nicolamilton likes this.
  4. Amg786s Apr 27, 2021

I have an noughties era Speedy and there is a distinctive red paint like dot which has been marked on the case and screwdown caseback. On a watch such as that I suppose it would be easy to tell. Not sure if there are any fancy, modern ways they can tell.

nicolamilton likes this.
  5. bthUK Apr 27, 2021

Wait 5 years, then change it. There's no point invalidating a warranty.

nicolamilton likes this.
  6. hronists Apr 27, 2021

I really don’t know if they still mark casebakcks with red dot. Haven’t seen them long time. Even then first half on first sentence applies

7. nicolamilton Apr 27, 2021

Those red dots are no longer used.