Forums Latest Members

Buying Omega at Military Exchange

1. llvhhui Apr 11, 2021

Anyone bought from a military exchange before? I mean fairly recently? Not talking about 60+ years ago when every uncle wears an Omega Constellation.
    I don't think they're considered AD but at the same time I don't think they'll sell counterfeit stuff either. Or are they considered grey market dealers?

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 11, 2021

There is a thread here on OF where people post whenever the exchanges have Omegas on sale. Quite a few people have purchased that way.

3. Dan S Apr 11, 2021

4. pdxleaf ... Apr 11, 2021

They are not grey market; they have a full warranty. They are genuine Omega products.

Their selection is limited. They don't have the latest models. I suspect that the production issues at Omega have impacted their supply. I called them to ask if they were getting the new models and I received a very direct "no." I suspect that once Omega gets production flowing again we may see more options.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  5. llvhhui Apr 11, 2021

Did not know there was already topics on this. I alway wonder do they actually fill out the warranty card or is it going to be blank? I don't expect new models anyway. I still think it's a great deal when there is a discount and you don't pay tax.

6. pdxleaf ... Apr 11, 2021

Mine came like this
    20210411_165925.jpg

AngelDeVille likes this.
  7. llvhhui Apr 11, 2021

Interesting!
    AAFES is actually the jeweler but there’s nothing on the warranty card.

8. abgul Apr 11, 2021

Wow i have never seen that. Why would this be like this?

9. pdxleaf ... Apr 11, 2021

My Seiko was like this too. I went round and round with them. They concluded with: keep the receipt.

As for why, there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Army way.

After awhile we just don't ask.

Pvt-Public likes this.
  10. llvhhui Apr 12, 2021

I wonder if Omega would honor that warranty card.

11. abgul Apr 12, 2021

They must know right? AAFES is an AD and not grey market.

12. llvhhui Apr 12, 2021

Now you got me real curious. Have you tried emailing Omega and ask them? I emailed them once about a potential purchase and they got back to me fairly quickly.

13. pdxleaf ... Apr 12, 2021

Yes, I emailed them today after your post. I will pass on any reply I receive.

14. CaliberKingPin Apr 13, 2021

What does AAFES stand for! Thx

15. duc Apr 13, 2021

16. jsducote Apr 13, 2021

I'm quite certain they'll honor it; AAFES has been selling Omega for probably near-on 50 years. You might find an OB/AD associate unfamiliar with how the card is stamped, but keep pressing until you find someone willing to verify it and you'll be taken care-of.

pdxleaf likes this.
  17. Forerunner Apr 17, 2021

10% sale today if anyone is interested!

18. pdxleaf ... May 3, 2021

UPDATE:

i received the following response from Omega. I expected this response but had hoped more more details.

OMEGA - ANSWER TO YOUR REQUEST
    OMEGA Watches

Mon 5/3/2021 8:36 AM

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ANSWER TO YOUR REQUEST
    at omegawatches.com
    [​IMG]
    OUR ANSWER

Thank you for your inquiry to Omega Sales Support.

Please accept our dearest apologies to the delay in our response due to a higher than normal amount of requests.

We suggest reaching out to the retailer AAFES for a replacement warranty card. You may use your proof of purchase such as a receipt or invoice or warranty card for warranty confirmation. The warranty card should be filled out from any retailer. AAFES is an authorized dealer, you may always reach out to them to see if they are able to order a particular model.

If you have any questions or if you need further assistance, please reach out and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Omega Sales Support

P: 800 766-6342

[email protected]

[​IMG]
    YOUR QUESTION

I purchased a Speedmaster from AAFES and received a warranty card that only identifies AAFES as the Jeweler. It does not identify the date of purchase, which is typically needed in the event of a return for service.

Will Omega provide a full warranty based on this warranty card (see attached picture)? If not, what other documentation is required? Is a sales receipt sufficient?

Why does AAFES not complete the warranty card? I contacted them and attempted to explain that the warranty card is typically completed by the dealer prior to sale but they did not understand my request.

Also, what is the status of AAFES? Are they considered an Authorized Dealer? If so, why do they not carry the latest models such as the new moonwatch? Will they be receiving the new moonwatch for sale and if so, when?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Dave

19. llvhhui May 4, 2021

It's almost like Omega didn't answer any of your questions at all...

mountainunder and pdxleaf like this.
  20. AngelDeVille May 4, 2021

The military exchanges are kinda like buying from an old west general store, little bit of everything not especially organized.

I bought an Oris from one and they couldn’t find the box or warranty card so I got a good discount.

I was able to get the full warranty from oris when I contacted them.

pdxleaf likes this.