Forums Latest Members

U.S. military veterans have exchange (BX, PX, etc) benefits even if they didn't serve 20 yrs

1. pseikotick Feb 29, 2020

I recently stumbled upon this bit of information that some of you may already be aware of. (I know, I put the preposition last. I like it that way.) Any honorably discharged vet can now shop online using the military exchange system and pay NO sales tax. I haven't studied the fine print, but it seems like a good thing. You just need your DD 214, generally. Sadly, there were no $650 Rolex Daytona Cosmographs as there had been in the overseas catalog in the Philippines, but there may be some good buys. I'll include one photo of a Hamilton chrono that is quite handsome, but I don't know how good the deal is. It's about $1860 and comes with a blue dial, too. Happy shopping, fellow vets!

I should add a link, but if you just searches AAFES online shopping, you'll get where you need to go.
    intramatic.png

Edited Feb 29, 2020
    Taddyangle, Mad Dog and scojo like this.
  2. Lostpuppy116 Feb 29, 2020

Thank you for this. I am a veteran and some benefits we know and others they either forgot to tell us or you never get to use it and you forget about it.

Taddyangle, Mad Dog and scojo like this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 29, 2020

Periodically they have some pretty good sales at the military exchange.

Recently the Omega SMP300 was on sale for $3405.

I always ask if there is a veteran discount whenever I shop. Often times there is.

US Navy.

IMG_20200225_135748.jpg

4. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 29, 2020

What about actually going to a military exchange and shopping? Is that allowed? I really enjoy doing the hecklefest to other branches...especially those AF pukes...they deserve it. :D

5. Lostpuppy116 Feb 29, 2020

That is a nice watch and the sale part just makes it even better...

Taddyangle likes this.
  6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 29, 2020

Check this out. I was trying to buy that watch, but missed out on the sale. I had it in my shopping cart, but they sold out. So @KeithS was lucky enough to buy on sale, but he didn't like the watch as much as he thought he would so he sold it to me at cost.

And @Mad Dog is the #1 squid!!

Go Navy!

IMG_20200225_103833.jpg

7. Lostpuppy116 Feb 29, 2020

Non-active duty Marine here. I used to tell navy jokes. I do not make jokes about sailors anymore. Touring the USS Constitution and Missouri changed me. The sailors and marines that sailed on those ships were MEN. Real men. The gun deck, the living quarters and the cargo hold were awesome and awe-inspiring. Enough to make me not tell anymore jokes about sailors. I saw the Constitution sail under it's own sail power and that was also awesome. So 9+ months on a sub or a "luxurious" carrier is still tough duty. No jokes about sailors from me. But as for everyone else, don't let me rain on poking fun at the other branches. Semper fidelis, Marines.

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 1, 2020

https://www.spyderco.com/resources/op-focus/

775890EA-BA51-4C17-AC60-AA60D6DB77DC.jpeg

Spyderco looks after Paramedic’s, Fire Rescue, LEOs and EMT also.

The online OpFocus Professional Purchase Program is offered through our website for the following personnel in the United States.

• Active Duty Military
    • Reservist / National Guard
    • Military Veteran / Retiree
    • Law Enforcement Officer
    • Paramedic / Fire Rescue
    • EMT