Forums Latest Members
  1. Stripey Jun 24, 2020

My two pennies' worth would be not to have it serviced quite immediately, but wear it for a good bit daily and notice what it's doing so that when you do have it serviced reasonably soon, you might be able to let you watchmaker know of any particular issues with it that might be bothering you. Of course, no doubt a competent watchmaker should take any watch, discover all problems and return it running perfectly, but I suspect we all like a bit of direction in our lives.

Pedro Johnston\ and Spruce like this.
  2. Ravineman Jun 24, 2020

Like your watch a lot. Looks like mine a bit. Wear it in good health. Mine belonged to my dad and I have worn it without issue for o er 35 years.
    20200624_190016.jpg

Pedro Johnston\ likes this.
  3. Eric304 Jun 24, 2020

dont look bad to me.

Pedro Johnston\ likes this.
  4. amcclell Jun 24, 2020

This watch is not fragile at all. If you wore it every day and had it serviced every 5 years, it would probably outlive you. Enjoy!

Pedro Johnston\ and Spruce like this.
  5. Pedro Johnston\ Jun 26, 2020

That's great to know, thank you!

6. Pedro Johnston\ Jun 26, 2020

That's good advice. I'm so glad I posted here, so many self evident advice I didn't actually specifically think about. I'll definitely do this.

7. Pedro Johnston\ Jun 26, 2020

The story behind your (and many other) watch is what makes it uniquely special, which is what mine lacks for now. My dad never actually owned a watch, but hopefully my kids will be able to tell a similar story!

Although this watch isn't one I would pass down. I feel it makes more sense to pass on watches one buys new, and are contemporary, because then the watch is only mine and not somebody else' for 60 years. Maybe that's really dumb though... Thoughts?