Forums Latest Members

Boeing 737 Max Aircraft - Would You Fly On One?

1. Omegafanman Mar 14, 2024

I watch the French Film Black Box this week. Not sure if the star was wearing a Globemaster… anyway it did highlight (albeit) of course very theatrically the risks when big money, expensive manufacturers tests and regulators are all in the mix….. and software…. And plot spoiler …. It does not end well for the Whistle Blower even in France….

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-aviators-thread.135513/page-84#post-2317841

IMG_2042.jpeg
    samweldspoorly likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 14, 2024

Just flew MEL/BNE in a 737/800.
    No trepidation or nervousness.
    Entertainment was good, we watched a lady in front of us knock back about 5 or 6 G&Ts in the 2 hour trip.

Yes, there are problems at Boeing (and other agencies) and I think a good kick in the arse will help to get things sorted.

As to flying in a 737 MAX, at the moment it's not an option here, but as more are ordered by Virgin and Qantas it will become commonplace.

Anyway, hardly any of the flying public know what platform is whizzing them along at FL35 as they try their best to empty the galley and the bar.

3. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Mar 15, 2024

4. TasMike Mar 15, 2024

Bonza are flying the MAX

JimInOz likes this.
  5. drster Mar 15, 2024

No Boeing 737 Max for me. It's a significant decrease in safety. Percentages don't lie.

6. Omegafanman Mar 16, 2024

In the news today……
    Boeing tell pilots to double check their seats before flights….
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68580950
    Meanwhile Boeing whistleblower attorneys now tell clients to check the back seats before getting in the car….

kkt, samweldspoorly, ghce and 2 others like this.
  7. DoctorEvil Mar 16, 2024

8. Makesbelieve Mar 16, 2024

When reading this post I honestly wonder what the author's reaction would have been if this was a Russian or Chinese aeroplane manufacturer and whistle blower suicide... as opposed to American...

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm just genuinely wondering how this 'dead whistle blower' situation would be viewed if it was set in another country, with another aeroplane manufacturer.

Edited Mar 16, 2024
  9. Omegafanman Mar 16, 2024

Maybe he has not watched American Made…. Not like the authorities ever let bad stuff happen in the USA surely ;0)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Made_(film)

Louisiana Attorney General William Guste wrote to United States Attorney General Edwin Meese criticizing the government's failure to protect a witness….

Edited Mar 16, 2024
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 16, 2024

kkt and DoctorEvil like this.
  11. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 16, 2024

Ah yeah, forgot about Bonza.
    But then, that doubles my likelyhood of not flying in a MAX.

Edited Mar 16, 2024
  12. Evitzee Mar 16, 2024

Since I wrote that post you are referring to, I'll respond. Russia and China are totalitarian regimes, their aim is to assert total control over its citizens through coercion and suppression. Many people there 'accidentally' fall out of windows from high floors. It would not surprise me in the least if a whistleblower there suddenly wound up dead, suicide with two bullets to the back of the head. Look at Covid, some Chinese scientists who brought up the possibility that Covid may have been a lab leak mysteriously disappeared or died. Scientists in the west who came up with that similar theory didn't die or disappear, they were just marginalized by other scientists, and a friendly media acting on suggestions by the government, who called their theories preposterous, silly and reckless even though it is more likely than not at this point that a lab leak was the source. Western governments are not in the business of actually killing its citizens who can be pesky and an irritation, they have other means to marginalize these people. There is a huge difference between joints like China, Russia, North Korea and Iran, and those like the US, UK, Australia and western Europe. There is a tendency in some circles to believe all governments are the same and act the same. Not so by a long shot.

kkt, RevZMan123, Geezer and 3 others like this.
  13. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Mar 16, 2024

14. Makesbelieve Mar 16, 2024

I think you're conflating the word 'government' with the word 'corporation'... maybe they're synonyms where you come from.

My comment was about aeroplane manufacturers (read: 'corporations') not the government... I never mentioned governments.

If the same scenario played out with aeroplane manufacturers like COMAC (China) or a Sukhoi (Russian) most people here would write it off instantly as a hit job and be done with it.

Despite the fact that US corporations have been using intimidation, coercion, and violence against whistle blowers for years it seems much harder for people to belive that this could ever happen in the good old US of A...

Isn't that curious? Now back to watches...

Edited Mar 17, 2024
    fiberguy and Omegafanman like this.
  15. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 16, 2024

Be sure to tell that to Julian Assange.

Omegafanman and patrick1616 like this.
  16. Tayne Mar 16, 2024

Anyone in the t-shirt business?

“if it’s a Boeing, I’m not going!” toward the top and a falling door plug below.

I’ll have a medium in baby blue please.

17. ghce Mar 16, 2024

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  18. samweldspoorly Mar 16, 2024

Im going to get some T-shirts with that made. Hahaha

19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 17, 2024

Ah well, it wasn't too bad at all, mild CAT just out of Brissy and at the end there were no missing parts.

;)

IMG_3227.JPG

20. DoctorEvil Mar 17, 2024

Glad you made it out in one piece. Now, to more important matters. What watch were you wearing? :D

kkt, noelekal and Omegafanman like this.