Boeing 737 Max Aircraft - Would You Fly On One?

Glad you made it out in one piece. Now, to more important matters. What watch were you wearing? 😁

I have to admit to wearing a Citizen Titanium Airwave GPS watch. I find it handy for travel when jumping time zones, like going from Melbourne 2024 to Brisbane 1998 😉.

Although I did don a vintage Omega Seamaster Mariner III to attend my Grandson's wedding.

IMG_3200.JPG

I have to admit to wearing a Citizen Titanium Airwave GPS watch. I find it handy for travel when jumping time zones, like going from Melbourne 2024 to Brisbane 1998 😉.

Although I did don a vintage Omega Seamaster Mariner III to attend my Grandson's wedding.

IMG_3200.JPG
Hey it may be backward dump here, but it’s slightly better than it was in 1998. Except the traffic. And the house prices, crime, infrastructure, quality of life etc. We have a free beach at South Bank, so there’s that.

Hey it may be backward dump here, but it’s slightly better than it was in 1998. Except the traffic. And the house prices, crime, infrastructure, quality of life etc. We have a free beach at South Bank, so there’s that.
Us Mexicans always stirring you Northerners 😁.
I was amazed at how Queen Street Mall has changed since I was last there, very vibrant and for lunch time Friday it was humming.

I also dropped in to Brisbane Arcade to enjoy a beautiful architectural building that hasn't been demolished by developers.
Spent some time adoring the stock at Vintage Watch Co, picked up a puggaree at Brisbane Hatters and some goodies at Noosa Chocolates while the ladies spent a small fortune at The Tea Centre.

In all honesty, a very enjoyable weekend in Brissy.

PS: Sorry for the thread drift.

Us Mexicans always stirring you Northerners 😁.
I was amazed at how Queen Street Mall has changed since I was last there, very vibrant and for lunch time Friday it was humming.

I also dropped in to Brisbane Arcade to enjoy a beautiful architectural building that hasn't been demolished by developers.
Spent some time adoring the stock at Vintage Watch Co, picked up a puggaree at Brisbane Hatters and some goodies at Noosa Chocolates while the ladies spent a small fortune at The Tea Centre.

In all honesty, a very enjoyable weekend in Brissy.

PS: Sorry for the thread drift.
Yea Ronny at VWC has a great selection I’ve bought many pieces there and sold a few as well, let me know next time you pass through and I’ll take you to lunch or something, I’m actually only a 10 minute walk over the bridge from the Arcade there

Yea Ronny at VWC has a great selection I’ve bought many pieces there and sold a few as well, let me know next time you pass through and I’ll take you to lunch or something, I’m actually only a 10 minute walk over the bridge from the Arcade there
I was going to touch base, but with family meet ups and the wedding etc time was pretty tight.
Next trip we'll make it a bit longer and make sure we leave some "me time". I'll make sure I PM you in advance.

Very telling BBC article on the Boeing situation, really is a wake up call on the depth of the issues they need to unpick. Maybe a message to corporates in general. As an aside there is a lot of concern in the UK many experienced older people are dropping out of work early, maybe if companies got back to really honouring core values more people would find work fulfilling again and the economy would improve.

Anyway snippet’s from the BBC story..
"It's as if I'm watching a troubled child" is how Captain Dennis Tajer describes flying a Boeing 737 Max.
"I'm at an alert status that I've never had to be in on a Boeing airplane," he says.
"Because I don't trust that they've followed the processes that have previously kept me safe on Boeing airplanes for over three decades."

Earlier this month the US regulator, the Federal Aviation Administration, said that a six-week audit of the 737 Max production process at Boeing and its supplier Spirit Aerosystems had found "multiple instances where the companies failed to comply with manufacturing quality control requirements".The findings came shortly after another report (https://www.faa.gov/newsroom/Sec103_ExpertPanelReview_Report_Final.pdf )into Boeing's safety culture by an expert panel found a "disconnect" between senior management and regular staff, as well as signs that staff were hesitant about reporting problems for fear of retaliation.
Meanwhile, further evidence of how production problems could endanger safety emerged this week. The FAA warned that improperly installed wiring bundles on 737 Max planes could become damaged, leading to controls on the wings deploying unexpectedly, and making the aircraft start to roll. If not addressed, it said, this "could result in loss of control of the airplane". Hundreds of planes already in service will have to be checked as a result..

Link to full article :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-6857368

Edited:

signs that staff were hesitant about reporting problems for fear of retaliation

And the whistleblower being found dead in the parking lot (regardless of cause) won’t help that situation.

I think you're conflating the word 'government' with the word 'corporation'... maybe they're synonyms where you come from.

My comment was about aeroplane manufacturers.

I think this all circles back to Boeing's "quality culture" or any for-profit corporations for that matter. As soon as there are shareholders involved, Quality and safety can easily slide to the will of production for means of increasing profit. Quality culture flows from the top down. Boeing management really needs to be gutted.

Just saw this on the news. An engine cover blew off this 737max during take off with Southwest Airlines 😲

Quality engineering and manufacturing are not incompatible with being a for-profit company. Trying to fix their problems afterwards is costing Boeing every penny they might have saved through shortcuts, and then some.