Blue seconds hand on my Omega De Ville

Dear all,

I have a Omega De Ville Hour Vision from 2015, caliber 8500 (Si14) with a blue seconds hand and was wandering what kind of alloy this seconds hand is made of. From Omega the only answer I get was that it is made of a non-precious metal compound. My question is also or this seconds hand can be magnitized by a magnet?

Kind regards,
Arno

431.13.41.21.02.001 is the reference number of my watch

Absolutely, even the smallest of magnets could completely ruin your watch.

The spiral been in Si it cannot be magnetised.
But other moving parts can be magnetised.
Thus probably more resisted but not too much.
On the other hand I this easy to demagnetise.
You can purchase specific devices for that.

Dear all,

I have a Omega De Ville Hour Vision from 2015, caliber 8500 (Si14) with a blue seconds hand and was wandering what kind of alloy this seconds hand is made of. From Omega the only answer I get was that it is made of a non-precious metal compound. My question is also or this seconds hand can be magnitized by a magnet?

Kind regards,
Arno

It looks to be blued steel, which is made by heating steel to a specific temperature where it forms a blue oxide coating. I assume the base steel is something like 316 stainless, so will not be that magnetic and will unlikely be magnetized by a magnet. You should be more worried about the movement than the hands being magnetized.

The spiral been in Si it cannot be magnetised.
But other moving parts can be magnetised.
Thus probably more resisted but not too much.
On the other hand I this easy to demagnetise.
You can purchase specific devices for that.
Your poem doesn't rhyme. It has a kind of Haiku like beauty though.

Like 3
Dear all,

Kind regards,
Arno

It's not blued steel. The specific alloy isn't mentioned, but this is a lacquered hand, and will not be magnetic.

Thanks all for your reply, now it is clear for me.

The magnetic resistance of my watch is 200 Gauss, type II from the ISO 764 standard. This watch can be magnetizised by a stronger magnetic field but start running again after the magnetic field is taken away because of the Si14 balance spring. I have tested that myself with some strength known magnets and a timegrapher.

Kind regards,
Arno

ps @Archer: if you can find the specific alloy of this hand please tell me, it would not surprice me that it is Declafor (same as the balance wheel)
Edited:

ps @Archer: if you can find the specific alloy of this hand please tell me, it would not surprice me that it is Declafor (same as the balance wheel)

The hand is most likely made of brass - most are.

Thanks Al, so a Cupper based alloy it will be al least, that is more than enough to know. :-)

Kind regards,
Arno