Forums Latest Members
  1. Anamalistic Feb 24, 2020

This guy lolol Idk where to begin. I was looking for an Omega Speedy Reduced link 3510.50 and shot out a few DM’s through IG to see if someone had one. Figured since all these guy/guys do are Omega I’d have good odds. Sure enough they had one and the transaction went smooth until (first) it came time to ship, took over a week after I sent funds in order for them to get it in the mail.

Finally the link arrives and I open it to find the link with just the link...no pin to attach the new link to the bracelet. I messaged on IG and got left on read with no response to the issue and after 24hr I decided to escalate the issue to PayPal. Then they replied “would have sent the pin for free but you just asked for the link” (hard eye roll). Like having to ask for tires on your car when you buy or even a bun for your burger and double check to make sure they put a burger patty between the buns. This could have been such a simple resolution but ego got in the way of what could have been a decent business transaction.

If you’ve read this far, just use caution when buying ANYTHING from these wanna-be’s. Make sure you list all parts of the watch you may be buying or even the clasp on a buckle you might have purchased.

88C9B2CD-21E5-4B23-A50F-E7CDDD74177C.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 24, 2020

Seems you're both at fault, from my perspective. 24 hours may be a reasonable amount of time to wait, or it may not be. I'm not an IG user but I know his website has a phone number and many other contact options.

Personally, I would have exhausted all options before escalating with PayPal. Had you not started a pissing match, you'd probably have your pin and the watch on your wrist. Just my $.02.

3. Anamalistic Feb 24, 2020

Ya seems like you’d be part of the problem too. You ask for ice when you order a drink? You’re probably the same guy that would complain that “there was no silverware when our food got to us” but thats just my 2¢.

4. DeepBlue Feb 24, 2020

You ask someone on IG for a link. Just a link.
    You could have asked if it comes with a pin or they should've asked if you wanted a pin with it.

I don't think it is really fair to just blame the seller. You were not really clear yourself aswell.

5. timecube Feb 24, 2020

IMO "not knowing what questions to ask" could be part of the noob tax.

6. mdgrwl Feb 24, 2020

In my personal experience if you call an Omega Boutique and buy an extra link, you get exactly that, a link. You must ask for extra pins, screws, etc...

The seller is offering a return / refund. This is hardly worth a "Beware" thread...

KeithS, mydeafcat and Huus like this.
  7. Anamalistic Feb 25, 2020

This forum is just filled with a plethora of douchebags

8. KeithS Feb 25, 2020

Yeah! How dare people weigh in with their seemingly reasonable and objective insight! Douchebags for sure!

lando and bardamu like this.
  9. timecube Feb 25, 2020

:(

31E84DBE-980A-4CFD-9A63-7EBEC41C6D9C.jpeg
    Manny1979 and bardamu like this.
  10. Linzer Feb 25, 2020

Is that why you joined? :rolleyes:

lando, Seaborg, Syrte and 1 other person like this.
  11. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Feb 25, 2020

Interesting observation for someone who has been around an entire month.

Syrte, bardamu and DLT222 like this.
  12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 25, 2020

Just to clarify what is included when you buy a link from Omega, it does include the pins/tubes required to install the link. Here is a photo of what this looks like (for a different bracelet) when you order it in:

[​IMG]

I have confirmed that when you order a link for the reduced bracelet, it also comes with the pins/tubes required to install it - it would make no sense to not supply those, as they are needed to install the link.

As much as the OP is being a dick to people here, I agree that the expectation is that the pins/tube would come with the link, in particular if it was a new part...

Cheers, Al

13. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2020

The guys at WVNYC are solid.

for me it would have been like this...

Hi chaps, link arrived today, thanks! However, its missing the pins, was this an oversight or can you kindly send me some.

Thanks

Mr A Happybuyer

Seaborg, Syrte, hanky6 and 7 others like this.
  14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2020

Apparently, that's the way douchebags conduct business transactions. Non-douchbags throw hissy fits.

15. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2020

My expectation would be the pin would be included but shit happens. If WatchVault had told me to pound sand after requesting one, I would have gone ballistic; not responding to an IG within 24 hours, not so much.

16. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2020

Mine too but he did get exactly what he asked for...

a link.

tpatta likes this.
  17. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Feb 25, 2020

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion regarding a service they expected. A new member whose posts have consisted of showing us a Rolex and then bitching about a longtime member many of us know is a little much. The seller made a mistake, get past it.
    Guess I'm a.......
    upload_2020-2-25_14-56-29.jpeg

Edited Feb 25, 2020
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 25, 2020

I'm not validating the OP's behavior, simply pointing out that the pin/tube should be included...as without it the link it's useless.

Saying that they didn't include one because they "only asked for the link" is a bit...:rolleyes:

efauser likes this.
  19. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2020

I noticed that WV hasn't been listing here. Lots of listings on WUS. I thought maybe there was a falling out that I wasn't aware of.

20. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Feb 25, 2020

Can't speak to the issue of a falling out with OF. All my interactions have been fine. :)