Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
527
Likes
2,557
It's actually a return.

This is a watch I inherited from my dad in 2004, as he had bought it new during a trip to the US in 1987. Events forced me to sell it 10 years ago alongside the rest of my watch collection, but I luckily managed to convince the gentleman who had bought it to sell it back to me. I just got it back last Friday.
IMG_2992C16-P.jpg
IMG_3002C16-P.jpg
 
Posts
9,238
Likes
76,961
It's actually a return.

This is a watch I inherited from my dad in 2004, as he had bought it new during a trip to the US in 1987. Events forced me to sell it 10 years ago alongside the rest of my watch collection, but I luckily managed to convince the gentleman who had bought it to sell it back to me. I just got it back last Friday.
IMG_2992C16-P.jpg
IMG_3002C16-P.jpg

That’s a great ‘good news' story 😀
 
Posts
5,309
Likes
53,965
Bought this tonight to add to the Roamer collection.

About 35mm across excluding crown with a great dial and perfect case ( well according to the seller) so should look good on the wrist size wise.

 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,755
Today, by a miraculous fluke of the mail, I received both the new Kamen Rider Seiko 5 and the watch it was based on: a 5126-8090 from 1968!

 
Posts
954
Likes
11,349
Wife got this today for travel..."discrete, white, quartz, waterproof, doesn't need to be charged" were the requirements. Quick release bracelet and bonus quick release white silicone strap make for a nice option.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,278
Wife got this today for travel..."discrete, white, quartz, waterproof, doesn't need to be charged" were the requirements. Quick release bracelet and bonus quick release white silicone strap make for a nice option.

Fits the bill perfectly. My travel watch is also a Tissot.
 
Posts
3,578
Likes
13,519
This one arrived today and I must say, I’m rather thrilled…:

 
Posts
9,238
Likes
76,961
I’m turning over a new leaf

….. it’s just that I was on the tube the other day and a trendily smart (or is it, smartly trendy?) young woman boarded and was wearing one.

No, I didn’t think to post in ‘What watch have you seen in the wild’, but I did recall that I’d owned and worn one in the mid 70s.

I realised that my watch collection didn’t have one and thinking to remedy this discovered that a new replacement would set me back a mere £9.99. Well, how could I pass on the opportunity?

(My original Casio was lost in the English Channel when the Fireball dinghy I was crewing capsized ….. but that’s another story …)
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Just received this one today as part of a trade. Thanks to @LesXL , I have wanted to get into Longines and this Sei Tacche 628C 2 was a fun was to do so. 35mm sharp case, lovely dial with radium patina, a 22AS caliber that’s fun to look at, and overall a fun piece to wear.

 
Posts
556
Likes
2,187
Loving the Peter Blake Seamaster I picked up recently on OF! My first Omega diver.

 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,045
Bought this one the other day, my first Navitimer.
Unexpectedly found locally 😀