Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 17, 2014

Might want to make a post here:

http://www.iwc.com/forum/en/category/vintage-timepieces/

This an "official" site, monitored by IWC. Someone there should be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

2. Apa Apr 17, 2014

I can open it , but it open so that the movement stays together with the caseback..... so maybe I take it to watch maker ...

Thank you

3. khmt2 Apr 17, 2014

my first vintage Longines!

wacth 3.jpg

NT931 and JohnSteed like this.
  4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 17, 2014

Very nice ultrachron

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 18, 2014

14K rare ref. 3725 (tropical model, with stainless steel case back). Should arrive by the end of next week.

DSCN0160.JPG
  6. Dablitzer Apr 18, 2014

;)

7. NT931 Apr 18, 2014

managed to buy a 1069 bracelet with 524 end-links on ebay, with enabling from Melhadary :thumbsup: Many thanks!

1069 bracelet.JPG

dragoman and Melhadary like this.
  8. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 19, 2014

Lemania - Again. And the rarest one yet in my collection!

Sometimes a late evening fishing trip in the bay can provide some really rare specimens!
    Tonight I got one landed that I never, even if I do have ambitions, thought I would ever own....
    And its a Quartz, or at least partly....
    Back in the late 70s and early 80s Lemania started working on a revolutionary chronograph design. Partly column wheel, partly quartz, completely weird hybrid mix.
    I have ever seen one other pictured, and that was one of the late Chuck Maddox rarest watches in his collection!

Features:
    - Lemania caliber Quartz 181 (!)
    - 18 Jewels.
    - "5100" style chrono hands with large seconds and minutes hands.
    - 24H time display subdial.
    - 12H chrono totalizator subdial.
    - 60 min. chrono totalizator subdial.
    and the "big thing":
    - 1/100 sec digital chrono window!

Omega is supposed to have a prototype on display in the museum that was designed to use this movement. A Speedmaster model. The caliber was designated 1660 and reference 386.0815,

This is Chuck's "Lemania" branded one (and my new acquisition below):
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately mine is not labeled as a Lemania, but it is the exact same model apart from that.
    Clipboard01.png Clipboard02.png

From an article in International Watch Magazine:

The Electronic Lémania Chronograph
    The quartz and electronic movement revolution in Switzerland did not leave Lémania unaffected. In the late 1970s, Nouvelle Lémania embarked on the development of an electronic chronograph. It would be more accurate to say it embarked on the development of an elecro-mechanical movement.
    The first Swiss patent application for this movement was filed in December 1981. A U. S. patent was initially applied for in 1982 but was subsequently abandoned while further development went on, and the final patent application was filed on January 2, 1985, and granted on May 13, 1986, for an “Electronic Chronograph Watch Having Analog and Digital Display of Measured Time Periods.”
    In this movement, a micromotor actuated a wheel train that drove the center hour and minute hands, while another motor actuated the chronograph train that operated the chronograph sweep seconds hand, a minute register hand and an hour register hand. The movement actually had a mechanical column wheel which started and stopped the second motor by a lever, and a hammer reset the chronograph gears. Finally, there was a liquid crystal display at 12 o’clock for the reading in hundredths of a second, up to 99/100ths. When the chronograph was not running, this display showed the date.
    This movement apparently never entered mass production, though the late Omega expert Chuck Maddox obtained one example. Omega even advertised one model that used this version.

I just can't wait for this one to land!

::psy:: ::psy:: ::psy::

9. JohnSteed Apr 19, 2014

Nothin. But Mama said there'd be days like this

:confused:

Northernman likes this.
  10. Melhadary Apr 20, 2014

What's great about this bracelet is that the end links are available on Otto Frei... A new pair of those will always give it and the watch a more "Just out of the box" look, especially with a sharp example of a sparkly ;) WRUW pics soon please :D

11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Apr 20, 2014

excellent work, Adam.

I picked up a very good+ condition 6094 a couple weeks ago for way less than half what's she worth. Dunno know how that happened because I usually don't have such luck. I think the seller got annoyed because 2 different guys returned his watch because the buyers were watch noobs and have size issues. So, I'm guessing he got a little fed up and he sort of just "dumped" it to an experienced buyer.

ALSO: they wanted a bigger watch.

I gave up collecting vintage Rolex years ago but I guess I'm back. lol

Northernman likes this.
  12. Dablitzer Apr 20, 2014

Cool, very cool... ;)

13. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 21, 2014

Just been presented with a couple of pics of my Easter gift from daughters :)
    Sadly I hear alarm bells, these are not in my line of fire but if someone would like to comment, good or bad would be appreciated.
    Worst case is I try out a return but obviously as it's a gift can only hope it will not be necessary :unsure:

Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 09.39.05.jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-21 at 09.47.04.png

14. ulackfocus Apr 21, 2014

Looks good to me. Maybe a replacement crown and crystal though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. ulackfocus Apr 21, 2014

Couldn't talk Tony out of one of his Flagships, ( :D ) but he literally offered me a consolation prize.

CQcase3.jpg

CQcase2.jpg

CQcase4.jpg

And it came with 'dibs' on the watches I liked - sort of like a PSL in the NFL. :p

citizenrich and dragoman like this.
  16. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 21, 2014

Thanks Dennis, guess I was just in a "glass half empty" frame of mind.

17. Hijak Apr 21, 2014

What a nice Easter gift from your daughters, very thoughtful!:thumbsup: Congrats Stuart.

18. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 21, 2014

Many thanks, now either a) what have they done? or b) what are they after? :)
    Joking apart they still manage to surprise the old man.

citizenrich, Northernman and Hijak like this.
  19. dragoman Apr 21, 2014

I've been on a shopping spree this Easter

This

[​IMG]

This

[​IMG]

And something that promises to be quite a feat to fill

[​IMG]

Northernman likes this.
  20. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 21, 2014

How angular!

Appropriately colorful!