Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. Illiknight Oct 2, 2015

Alright, longtime reader, first time poster so I'm gonna finally dive in here folks... I wasn't in the market for this at all, but came across it in the last couple minutes of an Ebay auction yesterday and, lo and behold, my trigger finger acted all by it's little lonesome! Imagine that! I really didn't know much about the few models affectionately referred to as "Sparkly," but below is what looked to be an extremely clean example of the C-Case style (I think 166.064?) w/Cal 565 and 1170 bracelet.

Here's my yet to be delivered C-Case SS "Sparkly":
    SM Sparkly 01.jpg SM Sparkly 02.jpg SM Sparkly Back.jpg SM Sparkly Crown Side.jpg SM Sparkly Side.jpg

This will be my 4th Seamaster (I also have a SS/14K Seamaster Deville monocoque w/date and a gorgeous even patina that I bought from the widow of the Orig Owner -- needs new crystal and overhaul; a stop sign shaped Day/Date SS Seamaster that was NOS/never worn when I bought it, still in box w/sticker on the back and the hang tag on the original black leather strap and buckle; and a GP 176.007 that is in good overall shape (some discoloration marks on the C-Case), serviced about a year ago right before I bought it and keeps excellent time/all functions work BUT the movement on the opposite side of the crown and pushers won't stay seated against the case and jiggles/flops -- any help on how to remedy this would be appreciated as I've had the movement, crown, tach and crystal all out of the case trying to figure it out!!!)

Pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to actually being an active member of this online community as opposed to the passive reader I have been for the last year or so!
    -Eric

Giff2577, Mothra, Skrotis and 7 others like this.
  2. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Oct 2, 2015

OK, OK, soon I promise! :)

dougiedude and Lou P like this.
  3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 2, 2015

Really pretty 'Sparkly'. Congrats, and welcome!

You really need to do a 'proper' introduction by posting pics of the rest of your 'babies' in their own thread! :thumbsup:

Illiknight likes this.
  4. Illiknight Oct 2, 2015

Thanks so much! Will do re: my other SM's, I'll try to get to it over the weekend!

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 2, 2015

Finally received my Aldo bezel from Italy...a long 6 month journey, but worth the wait.

L1002971sm.jpg
  6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 2, 2015

(((BOING)))

Andy K likes this.
  7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Oct 2, 2015

I can't stop looking at this...anyone need a left nut?

8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 2, 2015

is that the Bronx?

Frunkinator likes this.
  9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 2, 2015

I hope I didn't c*ck block anyone on these two. I've purchased some dynamite stuff from this seller over the years. Probably overpaid for the Bulova but not by much...these compressors are en fuego right now. She's certainly in good collector condition.

The winder is 35mm and I feel like I stole it. Sellers pics... (sry, I didn't crop photos - please forgive me).

Wire Lugs!

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png
    Edited Oct 3, 2015
    x3no, JohnSteed, Giff2577 and 7 others like this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 3, 2015

Dibs on the Bulova.

(Dibs entered 15:05:35:28 Eastern Australian Normal Time).

citizenrich and JohnSteed like this.
  11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 3, 2015

Welcome back!

I enjoyed your trip :)

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 3, 2015

Social chit chat can wait until dibs is confirmed!

:D

citizenrich likes this.
  13. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 3, 2015

Absolutely confirmed but no US Postal. They suck.

I've mailed (2) parcels to Australia in my life and they both went MIA.

Btw- I already knew what you looked like but I have to tell you, you're a handsome F-ing devil in evening wear. :) My honey also says you're a looker for sure.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Melbourne to see my best friends new kid (they named him "Chauncey"... I'm like "nice name - you better sign that poor boy up for boxing and ju-jitsu lessons")

if I'm going to sit on a plane for 24 hours you better believe I'm coming to visit you whether you like it or not :thumbsup:

JimInOz likes this.
  14. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 3, 2015

I guess I'm done for this month unless the Sirens' song comes a call in'

So, this came from a busy eBay auctioneer and there was a mistake in the listing which I picked up on but kept my mouth shut. They had her listed as 17mm lug width but I knew it was 18mm.

The watch weighs 38.5 grams (including movement). I couldn't resist her for ~400 clams. Solid 14k yg from 1965...I feel like a goldbug.

This is from Hess Fine Auctions - if you're patient with them, you can occasionally snag great deals. For cereral !!!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Oct 3, 2015
    Darlinboy and Andy K like this.
  15. Pvt-Public Oct 3, 2015

I never knew there was anything normal in Australia. :taunt:

As the saying goes, learn something new every day.

16. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Oct 3, 2015

I love this Pandora dial!

17. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Oct 3, 2015

Queens :)

citizenrich likes this.
  18. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Oct 3, 2015

If this is what comes on Pandora's box...I'm opening it up! No one ever mentions Pandora's box with papers.

PatrickJ likes this.
  19. Superdoc Oct 3, 2015

I bought this today....

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

But won't have it on the wrist for ~ 4 weeks..

20. Hijak Oct 3, 2015

Edited Oct 5, 2015
    JohnSteed likes this.