Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 23, 2015

NICE!:thumbsup: I have looked long and hard, but the ones I have aimed for so far has slipped....

My personal suggestion would be to save the original bracelet and go for a mesh and/or strap.
    It does look very good on mesh, and that is also very comfortable.
    In order to try it out, have a look in the bay for some inexpensive (Chinese) heavy duty mesh. Bought a couple at GBP10-15 shipped. They actually performs and looks rather nice. An original Omega mesh can then be a later option....
    Cheers!

2. ketiljo Mar 23, 2015

I already have a good selection of mesh bracelets, both Omega and aftermarket, 20 and 22mm. So I'm going to try it out tonight. I think a sailcloth strap would suit it as well.

citizenrich and Northernman like this.
  3. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 23, 2015

Or a Soviet Cosmonauts Velcro strap:)

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 23, 2015

oh boy, I'm so done for. Hope it makes it's way safely...

DSC_5019.JPG

5. cristos71 Mar 23, 2015

Uh oh, deja vu! That´s exactly what I thought too when I got mine.......:eek:

Let´s put it like this, if I should ever like to see my `investment` in this watch back again then I would need first to find a very, very `enthusiastic` collector indeed :p

Still, no regrets, it´s a great watch!

6. Wetworks Mar 23, 2015

Warning, non-watch content ahead:

[​IMG]

Specialized Allez Expert. Now if only i can get the weather to cooperate so I can ride it...:unsure:

Drawarms, Alpha, dougiedude and 6 others like this.
  7. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 23, 2015

And a proper timepiece to time your progress!:thumbsup:

Wetworks likes this.
  8. OmegaRookie Mar 23, 2015

Gorgeous Bike!!!! Electronic shifters or Ultegra?

Wetworks likes this.
  9. OmegaRookie Mar 23, 2015

I've been waiting for this to arrive! I'm very pleased. The gentleman that I got it from sent a second small gift as well. My daughter is thrilled! Thanks Alpha!! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Alpha, Wetworks, citizenrich and 2 others like this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 23, 2015

That bought a smile to my grumpy old mug :D

That pesky diver of yours is still bugging me. Everything is back together and working, but sometimes on the winder the rotor seems to get caught and won't do a full wind.
    I'm having another look at it tomorrow, will give you an update then.

11. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 23, 2015

These are great watches, Jimbo. You can run 'em through a dish machine and no problemo...lol.

Took me a little while to get used to arm shaking vs. manually winding...

This V V V was my 1st; I'm up to 6 now :)

image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Mar 24, 2015
    OmegaRookie, JimInOz and TNTwatch like this.
  12. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 23, 2015

I think the sudden spike in the USD has caused some disruption and a temporary imbalance in the market.

This a good thing for me which means it will not last for long. Total guarantee - place your bets!

Yesterday, I was able to purchase both of these watches for less than I expected to pay. Much, much less. Was anyone else looking at one of these?

The Wyler has never been polished which also means it's never been serviced but I think I can sort that out. Besides, a panda dial never disappoints.

The Bucherer is a complete set with the original leather strap. I can't imagine it was worn more than a time or two...

*sellers photo's. French manicures are sexy.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Mar 24, 2015
    OmegaRookie, TNTwatch and khmt2 like this.
  13. timeismoney Mar 23, 2015

That is a nice gift! Happy Birthday, sir!

14. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 24, 2015

Taddy, the far right Speedy is a LE? What year, I love it's colors.

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 24, 2015

Love your nails Rich ::love::

Who's your manicurist?

:D

citizenrich, OmegaRookie and STANDY like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 24, 2015

Nice nails there @citizenrich :whistling:

citizenrich likes this.
  17. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 24, 2015

It's like watch pRon

Fap, fap, fap

18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

NOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

You know what happens to a "proper timepiece" when you go down!
    You can wear your iwatch or Seiko diver when riding.

19. Northernman Lemaniac Mar 24, 2015

With an iWatch I guess you would have to limit your ride to the battery capacity. Not much exercise left then?:confused::confused::confused:

20. lwong Mar 24, 2015

I picked up a transitional today. First speedy for me! Might have paid a bit more than I was willing to part with for it, but it looked so good on the wrist. Walked home in a daze (and am still in a daze), but had the sense to grab a couple of beers on the way back.

273xxxxx serial, and as far as I can tell everything's original except the bezel (the original banged-up DON was supplied with it). That dial...!!! Case may have seen a light polish but it's hard to tell because the lines remain very sharp, which was important to me. Scratches and dings indicate the watch has been honestly worn, but not uncaringly so. Hippocampus is worn in a manner consistent with wrist rubbing, but still quite visible (Omega logo almost faded away though). No service marks on the inside of the caseback, but oddly enough the dust cover's shiny as a mirror so someone must've done that up. Interesting bracelet choice - 47 endlinks loosely attached, with JB champion made-in-USA bracelet and clasp that suggest 1075. Not sure what to make of it but if I have a 1171 with 633 endlinks on hand.

Here's a quick snap with my SM300. I am still reeling from the awesomeness of the watch coupled with the zen emptiness in my bank account. I need another beer.

[​IMG]

timeismoney, gemini4, micampe and 6 others like this.