Are omega (swatch group) struggling?

And don't forget, that was originally only for the Seasweller. 904L steel was not introduced in all watches until 2003. So that Rolex Sub from the 90s might <gasp> be made out of then inferior 316L steel!
Will that cheap 316L steel hold up on the summit of Everest or does it shatter into little pieces? 😁

Hell, Several MICROBRANDS are even using it now. It's not as mystical/mythical as it once was.

That's why Rolex have Rolex 904L and Rolex grade 5 Titanium.
They can't be beaten now except for that Ohmayga steel stuff👍

Nice edit.

wait, surely you aren't implying that a forum completely geared towards people who appreciate Omega watches would be..... geared towards Omega watches?

Wow this is a cliquey forum. Very unwelcoming.

Wow this is a cliquey forum. Very unwelcoming.
Not cliquey at all, actually. We just get amused when we’re told that Omega is aspiring to be in the same tier as Rolex.

Not cliquey at all, actually. We just get amused when we’re told that Omega is aspiring to be in the same tier as Rolex.

How dare you. by disagreeing with the OP, you've driven him away. By choosing to remove his original post entirely and label the entire forum "cliquey" and "unwelcoming" he's clearly not doing anyone any injustice. What you call amusement, sir; is dire insult!

I demand you post pictures of your Ranchero in penance.

How dare you. by disagreeing with the OP, you've driven him away. By choosing to remove his original post entirely and label the entire forum "cliquey" and "unwelcoming" he's clearly not doing anyone any injustice. What you call amusement, sir; is dire insult!

I demand you post pictures of your Ranchero in penance.
Done. I’m so ashamed. 😁
upload_2024-1-23_19-31-39.jpeg
upload_2024-1-23_19-32-50.jpeg

Hell, Several MICROBRANDS are even using it now. It's not as mystical/mythical as it once was.

It was never mystical/mythical...

Well he obviously had not been out of his house or paid for anything for the last 7-8 years so all this interaction with others was probably a bit overwhelming.

Well he obviously had not been out of his house or paid for anything for the last 7-8 years so all this interaction with others was probably a bit overwhelming.

Speaking of, what the devil is with these food prices!!!

Pretty much every internet forum is just a clique. We are generally welcoming though.

Looks like this morning Swatch group announced +8% and 900 Millions benefit all good

It would be interesting to see a detailed breakdown.

Done. I’m so ashamed. 😁
upload_2024-1-23_19-31-39.jpeg
upload_2024-1-23_19-32-50.jpeg

What a watch.

Even for a struggling marque like Omega.

It would be interesting to see a detailed breakdown.

+8% considering inflation it's mostly 0. Considering prices increase, it means that sells are down. Why the market didn't react very well at all to the announcement.

Rolex is taking a step back. Don't known why 904 is in the conversation but every body knows it's marketing.

The all watches market is down. For some brand, very much a dive.

Prices increase, general disinterest for the products are first causes. And not only the models. Just the fact to wear a watch...

I’m not sure which “tier” you think Omega is in, but I’d respectfully suggest to you that it’s the same tier that Rolex is in - namely, mid-tier mass produced (ie, factory made) Swiss luxury watches. If you’re implying that Rolex is a high horology brand, you’re quite mistaken.
By your definition 90% of watch brands are in the same tier.

Ummmmmm...!!!

What if Rolex wasn't the first to use the "unique and highly valuable material?" What if Omega used 904L in the ProPlof as far back as 1971, while Rolex didn't adopt it until 1985? That's 14 (count 'em) years after Omega's use of the "unique" stainless steel alloy.
SAE_904L_stainless_steel
I mean ... if Wikipedia is to be taken at face value, Rolex missed both being the first and the only. Another "Everest Moment" as far as Rolex is concerned. ::stirthepot::

1926 - Rolex Oyster (water resistant - <30m?)

1932 - Omega Marine (tested to a depth of 135m)

1954 - Rolex Submariner (100m water resistance)

If you want to argue the Omega Marine wasn't a true self-encased dive watch with a bezel and luminous hands etc. then it still wasn't the Submariner, but Blancpains Fifty Fathoms in 1953.

A lot of their claims of "first" and "only" often aren't quite what they seem, but the Rolex marketing team has spent an absolute fortune to keep things in their favour.
Edited: