Forums Latest Members

Aqua Terra or Globemaster - the best of the blues

1. DJG2645 Dec 12, 2020

Good afternoon OF,

I thought I should start a new thread on this as I have been commenting on other threads, the hunt for my next acquisition is drawing nearer, and I currently have the best conundrum, which of these 2 great watches to spend my hard earned pennies on next :).

I spent a long time confused over these 2 yesterday, initially thinking the AT was what I wanted, to then try on a GM and in my confusion forgot to get any pics of the GM but I have managed to get some wrist shots of a Globemaster today, unfortunately not on a bracelet as I would be getting but that's ok for research purposes it is helping me narrow down the hunt. I have tried the GM on a bracelet, super comfy.

for those of you already following my recent post's I would appreciate your continued opinion on which you think looks the best fit on my wrist, I know it is down to me at the end of the day and I will of course pick the one I like the most but always good to see if there is a consensus. I took the lovely other half with me today and her response was, I like them both...quickly followed up with...but no, you're not getting them both :D

Best wishes and stay safe one and all,
    Dave
    Some pic's of the contenders:
    Globemaster and AT side by side.jpg Globemaster wrist shot 1.jpg Globemaster wrist shot 2.jpg Globemaster wrist shot 3.jpg Aqua Terra wrist shot 1.jpg Aqua Terra wrist shot 2.jpg Aqua Terra wrist shot 3.jpg

2. ama98 Dec 12, 2020

I would pick the GM (on bracelet)

Stewart A and DJG2645 like this.
  3. Capt Cave Man Dec 12, 2020

You know my choice :thumbsup:

4. DJG2645 Dec 12, 2020

I do indeed :thumbsup: I am definitely taking the same approach as you after my next purchase, I think I will have a nice complete collection for a while with my vintage and soon to be modern pieces.

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  5. Capt Cave Man Dec 12, 2020

I also think a bit of breathing space and saving the pennies make each piece more special when you finally get it.

Whatever your decision, it will be a great piece and the right choice!

DJG2645 likes this.
  6. MtnMarine Dec 12, 2020

I would go AT since it can be a little more casual, but both look great! Good luck with your choice!

Fallout Boy and DJG2645 like this.
  7. munichblue Dec 12, 2020

David J, Gui13250, jeelan and 2 others like this.
  8. kaapstadflaneur Dec 13, 2020

For sure, the blue GM on the steel bracelet. Some folks don't like the bracelet as it does have some sharp edges. But it's better to have the bracelet than not as you can always substitute another strap. I definitely like what @munichblue has done with the milanese. That's a great look!

munichblue likes this.
  9. Butik Dec 13, 2020

I have got both: AT (green / olive) and GM (blue on bracelet). Both fantastic watches and choice will depend on what you need.

If you're looking for all-rounder, suitable for daily wear, suit, jeans, t-shirt or french-cuffs -> definietly the AT, the perfect EDC.

When you're opting for something more unusual and rather elegant, then the GM.

I made a small amateur comparison of these two here, sorry -> in Polish language only, but you will see them side-by-side:

To be honest -> this week I will be getting the Globe Master Annual Calendar (the blue GM will be for sale, if interested) and I think this is very under appreciated line at Omega.

At the end of the day you must like the watch and you must decide what suits your taste best.

10. thatonewatchdude Dec 13, 2020

I feel like the AT worldtimer will do it for you.

11. Butik Dec 13, 2020

Would not be so sure. I was dreaming of WT when saw it on Omega ad last year, but then in the boutique I found it way too busy and opted out.

12. UCZ_15 Dec 13, 2020

Globemaster doesn’t have a screwdown crown. For me that’s a big L.

13. DJG2645 Dec 13, 2020

@UCZ_15 is this down to design or does it worry you about water resistance?

14. UCZ_15 Dec 13, 2020

The WR thing. I just think that modern watches should have screw down crowns, even if they're supposed to be dressy or classy. I would struggle to pay more than £1k for a watch without those WR assurances. Just a personal gripe.

Buster and DJG2645 like this.
  15. repoman Dec 13, 2020

AT for me, more versatile, IMHO. I've tried to love the GM... just can't get there.

DJG2645 likes this.
  16. Zanzibar Dec 13, 2020

Gm looks nice.

DJG2645 likes this.
  17. dwboston Dec 13, 2020

AT. It's a more versatile watch. Get it on the bracelet and get the blue rubber strap w/deployant - gives you lots of options.

DJG2645 likes this.
  18. Dedlock Dec 14, 2020

The GM is on a different level on both design and finish. From the pics you posted the GM looks superior.

Ideally get them both but if its just one then GM.

HikerTz and DJG2645 like this.
  19. DJG2645 Dec 14, 2020

I would happily get both, unfortunately the missus wasn't forthcoming with that idea. :)

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 14, 2020

I'm glad you don't make the decisions on what crown types to use on watches. :)

ama98 and HikerTz like this.