apollo 11 50th moonwatch bracelet available?

I noticed the end link is slightly cocked. My Hope's is removing that step to make it all line up proper...... but... I dont want the end link to be swaying back and forth in the breeze either. Until I get my hands on a bracelet I wont know what's needed but I'm anxious to try making it work.

Checking in for any more data points.
I almost commented on this today. I'm still waiting. Personally I think the AD is giving me excuses but I know it's not their fault they can't get it quicker.

The key to making this bracelet work on a non-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Speedmaster is getting the right spring bars. 19x1.5 for my Snoopy and 19x1.8 for my Tokyo 2020.

Speedmasters.JPG

@photo500 did a mod of the bracelet and posted it to Instagram. He's @lewiswatchco if I'm not mistaken.
I actually follow him on IG and he did post it but didn't explain how he modified the end link when asked multiple times. I guess it's a secret :confused:

The key to making this bracelet work on a non-Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Speedmaster is getting the right spring bars. 19x1.5 for my Snoopy and 19x1.8 for my Tokyo 2020.

Speedmasters.JPG

That Tokyo looks sensational on the flatter bracelet!!

@photo500 did a mod of the bracelet and posted it to Instagram. He's @lewiswatchco if I'm not mistaken.

Speedmasters.JPG
So is this the answer? Spring bars of different thicknesses depending on the fit? Then what would the regular moonwatch need?

So is this the answer? Spring bars of different thicknesses depending on the fit? Then what would the regular moonwatch need?
On Instagram lewiswatchco said he needed to modify the endlinks.... when others asked how, his reply was not by modifying the "step" or "lip"........ so he claims theres modification, but not by using different springbars.....

If you use Instagram just go on his page and read what he says. Your guess is as good as mine. As for different spring bars.... maybe smaller diameter bars allow the end link to sit further from the case. I really dont know but that's my guess. Doing so would allow the angle to change. Whether it's a good idea to use smaller bars is up for discussion. I'll definitely look into this solution when I have my hands on the bracelet.

I would start with the 1.5mm but have the 1.8mm ones available. Both have worked on my standard (modern) cases but there could be just enough variation to make one fit better than the other. Ideally the 1.8mm will work for a more secure fit.

Speedmasters.JPG
Can you clarify a bit? Do both of these photos show the watches on the 50th Anniv bracelet, meaning you own two of the bracelets? And were you able to fit them with no physical modifications to the end link? Is there any play in the end link? Do you feel 100% confident in the attachment to the watch?

If the end link needs no modification, I wonder why lewiswatchco is saying he did a modification.

Finally, would you have any insight as to compatibility with a 145.012-67? Thanks!

Can you clarify a bit? Do both of these photos show the watches on the 50th Anniv bracelet, meaning you own two of the bracelets? And were you able to fit them with no physical modifications to the end link? Is there any play in the end link? Do you feel 100% confident in the attachment to the watch?

If the end link needs no modification, I wonder why lewiswatchco is saying he did a modification.

Finally, would you have any insight as to compatibility with a 145.012-67? Thanks!

I do have two bracelets. Some OBs have had no trouble ordering them, some are still trying from what I understand. There were no modifications required to the endlinks. In each case, 19mm spring bars were used instead of 20mm. The spring bars on the Snoopy are 1.5mm wide while the spring bars on the Panda are 1.8mm wide. The end links were not fitting properly on the Panda with the 1.5mm spring bars. I would never claim 100% confidence in any spring bars, but so far I haven't had any issues with either watch. I am very careful wearing my watches, so if you're someone who bangs around a bit I would be more concerned. I don't have anything as old as a 145.012, so I can't speak to that. I do have a 3590.50, but I haven't attempted to put the Apollo bracelet on it. Hope this helps!

I do have two bracelets. Some OBs have had no trouble ordering them, some are still trying from what I understand. There were no modifications required to the endlinks. In each case, 19mm spring bars were used instead of 20mm. The spring bars on the Snoopy are 1.5mm wide while the spring bars on the Panda are 1.8mm wide. The end links were not fitting properly on the Panda with the 1.5mm spring bars. I would never claim 100% confidence in any spring bars, but so far I haven't had any issues with either watch. I am very careful wearing my watches, so if you're someone who bangs around a bit I would be more concerned. I don't have anything as old as a 145.012, so I can't speak to that. I do have a 3590.50, but I haven't attempted to put the Apollo bracelet on it. Hope this helps!
Thank you!

My St. Louis OB delivered an actual original 50th Anniversary bracelet three weeks ago . I now have a spare .

My St. Louis OB delivered an actual original 50th Anniversary bracelet three weeks ago . I now have a spare .
What are your plans for the spare bracelet? Using it on another Speedmaster or just have it in reserve in case something happens to the original?

just have it in reserve in case something happens to the original