Forums Latest Members
  1. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

Description: The movement is marked Omega 17 jewels 9816602. The back is marked acier inoxydable. Omega 2366.

No movement photo.

Screenshot_20200828_105117.jpg Screenshot_20200828_105042.jpg
    Edited Aug 28, 2020
  2. Franco Aug 28, 2020

Why do you ask?

Syrte likes this.
  3. mac_omega Aug 28, 2020

Why do you show the link?
    Do you want to rain on the parade or is it you who sells the watch and this is some sort of promotion?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 28, 2020

Very well "prepared", but no inside case shots or movement shots.

It is pretty though.

5. kpaxsg Aug 28, 2020

@Zapatta TGIF and you deserve a spanking!

apsm100 likes this.
  6. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

Never have I sold watch on internet and have nothing to do with this listing!
    Im just interested if anyone here is bidding and if so, could he/she provide some information about model because seller only states few things. And is this dial(if real) is worth this much?
    I didnt think it would be problem to post this auction listing???

Edited Aug 28, 2020
  7. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

Can you please point out what I did wrong beacuse I had no bad intentions? Just wondering why would 65 people bid on this watch with no information and with that price? Can anyone provide some kind of info?
    Cheers

8. mac_omega Aug 28, 2020

Many members of OF frown upon pointing to an ongoing auction with a link for obvious reasons.
    You can always show photos here and ask questions about the condition, if the dial was restored or not...
    And I think you have got a lot of information in the item description like the reference 2366 and good large photos - so it would not be great investigation work to find out about the watch model and prices paid for in auctions if you were not too lazy. Why should others do all the research for you? We appreciate if members do their homework first , present what they have found out and then come up with specific questions.

And when the auction is over then you can ask why the price was so high, this would be the right time to ask...

BrianPankow, UncleBuck, Syrte and 9 others like this.
  9. Maskelyne Aug 28, 2020

It is not good behaviour to post about a watch like the above. And all information are available (Aug 25) as well as additional photos from the seller, if requested.
    Omega.jpg

10. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

@mac_omega
    I must say in my defense that I am new to this world and that this is my first forum of which I am a member. Obviously I have a lot of things to learn that I thought shouldn’t be a problem. As for the model itself, I found one similar on the internet because the vast majority have different numbers on the dial and on ebay it doesn’t show me that any 2366 were sold at auction.

Thanks for the info because I really didn't have a shred of bad intentions and accordingly I will remove the link from the post.

11. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Aug 28, 2020

I have no problems with that. Here, we have a sticky thread for recommended auctions on eBay.
    People hate threads like this maybe because they are snooping around to bid on it, hoping nobody sees it.

12. JwRosenthal Aug 28, 2020

13. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

@JwRosenthal

As far as I understand, it is not a problem if in other discussions links from auctions are put, for example, the ones you mentioned above?
    Almost every post has a link to ebay or a picture, and it is very easy to find a watch via image search.

@hoipolloi

Now some things are a little clearer to me but I have a lot to learn obviously ;)

14. Dan S Aug 28, 2020

If there is a good reason to bring up an active auction, I can see that it would be appropriate. For example, if there were a specific question or concern. I've been guilty of doing this if I had a concern, even though I knew it might bring me more competition (although these days, I am more likely to send PMs to the people I know as experts). Or if it's a low-priced piece flying under the radar that you are bringing to the attention of others deliberately. But just to post a link to an active auction for a desirable piece, for absolutely no reason, simply asking who is bidding on it, seems like bad taste. Not against the rules, just a poor choice.

15. pennsyl936 Aug 28, 2020

FWIW - 8 people bidding not 65
    • Bidders:
    • Bids:

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 28, 2020

As far as I know there's no rule here saying you can't post a live auction - it's done all the time, and as noted people who were trying to buy it cheap are now upset at you. Personally I wouldn't sweat it...

17. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

@Dan S

This turned out to be one big misunderstanding. My intention with asking if anyone is bidding, is out of curiosity whether this watch will end on an Omega Forum with much better pictures and detailed review like I seen many time here.

18. Dan S Aug 28, 2020

People often start threads when an auction ends to ask if anyone bought a given watch. If that's your rationale, then there's absolutely no reason to post the auction before it ends.

Syrte, Rman and watchyouwant like this.
  19. Zapatta Aug 28, 2020

Thanks for the support! The day started quite normally, I came across this watch and I was wondering if it would end with us on the forum. I open the notifications and see people throwing rocks at me. At first I didn't understand why they were doing it but now everything is clear to me and I'm just wondering if someone will announce that they won this auction.

wagudc likes this.
  20. Sherbie Aug 28, 2020

Its now on Hodinkee bring a loop

apsm100 and DaveK like this.