Forums Latest Members

Any OF Members also Tesla Owners?

1. vbrad26 May 18, 2023

Somehow, someway, the Model 3 Performance has been on my mind a lot lately.
    I mean 0-60 in 3.1 seconds? And with a proper suspension setup and some sticky rubber?
    It's gotta be good, right???

[​IMG]

I'm just not sure if a can take the plunge. I just love banging downshifts on the off ramps lol.

Toishome, watchthinker and Wryfox like this.
  2. Wryfox May 18, 2023

So my EV friends know I'm a high power motorhead and tease that I'm going to be 'Enlightened' with the tesla. I told them I'm not doing it to save the planet, but to have the fastest production car made. This car will be faster than any other sportscar I've ever had, or driven. The fact that its electric is also cool.:p:cool:

The test drive, though, was certainly enlightening in one way. It is blazingly fast. I encourage anyone to try it. It will take you by surprise.

noelekal likes this.
  3. Wryfox May 18, 2023

The styling is such on that one it looks like a mini S model. But believe it or not, you actually lose range with those open wheels. Same on the S, they are not as aerodynamic as the turbine wheels. I think its about 10% range loss. Crazy.

4. vbrad26 May 18, 2023

Yeah I know things like that can make a difference. But I don't really care about range THAT much.
    It would strictly be a commuter car. Home to work, and back.
    I've got other options in the garage if I want to play lol.

Wryfox likes this.
  5. zedlebowski May 18, 2023

LOL brother. And it sounds like we have related wives. Mine dislikes electronics and gadgets, but really took to driving my Tesla.

Wryfox likes this.
  6. Wryfox May 18, 2023

Man, I'm hoping that's the case, she hates computers but LOVES the Tesla. I'll set up all the tech. As long as I can get her comfortable with the interface, and the Sirius Satellite service transferred over from her current car(a Jeep), I think she'll be ok.

7. Wryfox May 19, 2023

YUMMY

20230518_192943.jpg

Edited May 19, 2023
    vbrad26 and watchthinker like this.
  8. llvhhui May 19, 2023

Definitely get the long range. I’ve had one for almost 2 years now. No complaints.

Wryfox and watchthinker like this.
  9. watchthinker May 19, 2023

Just drive it. I was a bit of a car guy most of my life - and since I bought my first Model S ( I'm now on my 2nd ), I just don't bother any more. I love the carbon friendly nature of the car and the speed and the cool dash. BUT...ignoring all of that....let me point out a few things that weren't obvious to me, but are some of the reasons aside that I won't go back.

First, you'd be surprised what "not getting gas" means for you week in and week out. It's just...freeing. I plug in at night. I drive around all day. I plug in at night. One in a great while I need a supercharger and there are tonnes of them around me. It's easy. The gas station stop was a hassle I didn't know I was experiencing until it was gone.

Second, no oil changes. Again, as a somewhat higher miles driver ( well over 30k per year ), I was having to change oil - and the car would usually stay over night if they picked it up from the driveway. Now...nothing. Once per year I get the tires changed and the car serviced.

Third, quiet. While I liked the vrrroooommm of my convertibles, regular cars sound ridiculous to me now. The car is quiet and it is more relaxing.

Fourth, fun - they are just fun to drive. The tesla brakes as soon as you lift off the accelerator. It takes about 20 mins to get used to ( maybe not even that ), but once you do, you never want to go back.

Fifth, useful. When you aren't burning gas, you can sit in your car, charge up your phone, and watch netflix while you're waiting for someone. And with the rear seats down, the storage space is prodigious.

Edited May 20, 2023
    YYTIN, pdxleaf and Wryfox like this.
  10. Wryfox May 19, 2023

Yes, the very model I got. Model S Long Range. About 400 miles. Dang good for almost 5000lb sedan.

11. Wryfox May 19, 2023

So here's a cautionary tale.....we bought it from a Maserati dealer as a trade in. They had no idea whatsoever how to operate it and were eager to deal. But on the day we went to pick it up, had to leave because they locked the keys in the car and couldn't get in. Seriously. They never registered it with Tesla so they had no alternative to opening it. They also had no idea how the key worked, or what a card was, or even how to charge it. I suspect that most non tesla dealers may feel the same. We had to walk them through everything, and I was just googling it all myself. Amazing they couldn't figure it out, I actually think they just didn't want to. They treated it like a pariah.

The great silver lining was that they absolutely wanted to get rid of it, badly. Pristine 2021 Model S with 13k miles for $57k. New it was $98k. 17 months old, still has close to 4 years on original warranty.

We knew we might be taking a risk, but the carfax and other info came back perfectly clean, and so far everything works beautifully.

Walrus and YYTIN like this.
  12. watchthinker May 19, 2023

I have the long range. My full mileage, when I max it out, is probably around 385. I don't believe I truly get 385. In the winter, maybe 300. In teh summer, might be even a little long. Tires matter, etc. But there are so many superchargers, I'm never really worried about it.

Wryfox likes this.
  13. vbrad26 May 19, 2023

Seems like a great deal all things considered.
    I've been watching those Model 3 prices drop as well....

Wryfox likes this.
  14. Wryfox May 19, 2023

I'm glad you said that about the range. We are charging it right now at the house to max capacity and looks like its going to top out at about 380. My wife travels frequently to DC from here in Florida, and prefers to drive, so this will be just fine. Plenty of chargers along Rt 95.

watchthinker likes this.
  15. Walrus Jul 7, 2023

16. kappy94 Jul 7, 2023

I drive a Model 3 red/white and love it

Walrus likes this.
  17. ATWG Jul 8, 2023

Only one thing is standing in the way of purchasing a Tesla for me, starts with Musk ends with Musk. Refuse to line his pockets with my hard earned $$.

kappy94 and RI Omega Fan like this.
  18. kappy94 Jul 8, 2023

As an owner I hardcore agree.....

ATWG likes this.
  19. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jul 8, 2023

OF member @ChuckMK23 recently purchased an entry level Tesla. He’s brought it over to the house a few times and he was showing me some stuff…like the external PA system, the [multiple] external fart sounds, and the synchronized-to-music window open/close, side view mirror extend/retract, aft trunk lid open/close, and blinking light show. I liked the [multiple] external fart sounds the best…but they weren’t loud enough…not even close to an “eleven”…probably more like a “two” or a “three” volume level.

hansaboy likes this.
  20. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 9, 2023

I drove a brand new AWD Model Y yesterday.

No instrument panel in my driving vision, didn't like that.
    Braking was weird.
    Steering was so so.
    Go pedal was :eek:.

Would I buy one?

Maybe when this one dies.

RockyHome.JPG

vbrad26 likes this.