Any news on @Alpha

Posts
9,228
Likes
76,846
Last Tuesday, @Duracuir1 posted that he hadn’t seen a post from @Alpha (Beagle lover, kilt wearer and the acknowledged champion of WRUW).

I sent a pm to him asking after him and mentioned that we had noticed that he hadn’t posted anything for a while, which is unlike him.

On a quick forum search I can’t see anything posted by him since November.

Does anyone know if he’s okay or how to contact him to check?
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
Unsettling thought, Stuart is one of the finest!
Bought my first watch as a collector from him in 2013, still one of my favorites (him and the watch!).
I have his home address from a few years ago if that would be of any help.
I know he loves to go on long trips, has an RV, I believe.
We need to tell him to let us know next time!
 
Posts
10,996
Likes
54,852
I really hope @Alpha is ok. Truly a nice guy never a bad word to say about anyone, he makes me look even more prickish than I am. I’ve had a few side conversations with him hopefully he is just busy with life stuff which happens often. He also gets my vote for best watch collection.
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
@Alpha last checked in 24/12/2025.
Maybe he was making sure we're all behaving before Santa arrives.

He has retired and was working from home in his previous profession in a smaller capacity and enjoying travelling with family.

If he hasn't responded to PMs there may be a number of reasons.

If there are any members near Linlithgow, they could possibly do a "safety & welfare check"?

PM me for last know addess details if it seems like a good idea.
 
Posts
13,902
Likes
54,076
Indeed … Hope all is well. I always enjoy his hiking with fuzzy pals pics.
 
Posts
3,892
Likes
23,257
Indeed … Hope all is well. I always enjoy his hiking with fuzzy pals pics.
Likewise. I actually count on those for a feel good moment.
 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,893
So this isn't definitive, but we received a message that the account Stuart had his subscription auto-renewing with appears to have been closed some time before February.

I've tried to get in touch without any luck either.
 
Posts
7,077
Likes
56,739
Thank you for making the attempt to contact Stuart.

We can't help but feel concern.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,276
He always brought good cheer to the forums. I am hoping for the best.
 
Posts
9,228
Likes
76,846
Well, I think that the closure of his bank account is significant and although I know that Mark Twain was quoted as observing that, “Reports of my death are exaggerated “, I think that we have to assume the worst.

As has been said before in this thread and others, he was a staunch supporter of the Forum and, from his posts, was clearly happy with his life and loved his wife and family, his dogs, his holidays and his watches.

I particularly remember the photos of his black dial Seamaster his parents gave him on his 21st birthday.

Vale
 
Posts
6,762
Likes
10,418
This would be very sad indeed if proven to be true.
Stuart has been a stalwart of the forum and really nice guy too.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
If anyone is in contact with his family (he often mentioned his daughters), please tell them that we are all thinking about him, our most-liked member.
 
Posts
3,436
Likes
35,137
Was looking at the Pets thread.

Managed to increase Alpha’s like count by a hundred and change. Lots of Beagle pics.

 
Posts
35,639
Likes
39,893
We're at a bit of an impasse without a phone number or family member to contact, if anyone has a better way of getting in touch up there we'd appreciate it
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
I have his last know address, but no phone number. I did do some searching on the net but didn't come up with much.
 
Posts
7,077
Likes
56,739
I never knew his last name.

What a great Forum member!
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
Seems like regular mail to his last known’address is the only option -but shd be done fast because it’s almost been 6 months since he went silent. Or else perhaps a letter sent to his name via the physical bank branch address where the canceled bank account was located?