Forums Latest Members

Any news on 2016 Baselworld CK2998?

1. BruceTheManLee Jun 27, 2016

Just wondering if anyone has heard from their OB or AD on the estimated arrival of their CK2998?
    I know its only June and Omega said July release but has anyone spoken to or heard if they will actually arrive in July? I mean July is end of this week!

Or will this turn out to be another Snoopy fiasco, where watches are STILL not all delivered?

My OB (in NY) said July but wasn't able to elaborate further on any additional news.

2. shutterlife Jun 27, 2016

I haven't heard anything yet. But I've learned to just forget about it. Makes the time fly by faster.

And, although July is the end of the week, delivering the end of July is still July deliver. Just hope it's not the case.

3. arno Jun 27, 2016

OB in Paris also said July - official release date. No further news yet, but in 4 weeks we'll still be in July, so let's be patient and it'll come to us

4. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

Hello everbody

Here in Switzerland the first two examples (No. 0075/2998 and No. 0076/2998) have been delivered on last Thursday to the Omega boutique in Zurich. I've seen them personally, because I just couldn't wait but I'm still waiting on mine, because of a wished No.... ;-) (The Omega boutique told me that they expect to receive about 10 pieces...)

Edited Jun 28, 2016
  5. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

My local boutique in the UK advised that they would be receiving only one:) and that it was not expected to be ready for delivery until Sept. Maybe the UK is a little behind in the queue.

6. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

I think it really depends on the No. 0075 and 0076 are quite at the beginning, so if your butique will receive No. 2345 it could take a step longer :) On the other hand, the boutiques here in Switzerland always get the baselworld news earlier. The same with the new Daytona or with the Spectre earlier this year.

7. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

Fair comment and most likely that is the case. Especially given they had said that no one had yet enquired about the watch and thus far they had not placed their order with Omega. So makes sense.

8. omegasaso12 Jun 28, 2016

Where did they put first 74 watches??

9. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

I've been told that the first 20 are "reserved". No. 0 always goes to the omega museum in bienne. And then the No. 1-20 cannot be reserved by the boutiques, probably they go to collectors who always have the same number? They told me also that sometimes you actually see one of those numbers at the wrist of an omega manager ;-)

But there are still other 50 pieces...

10. Superdoc Jun 28, 2016

Certain numbers are 'reserved' for high profile clients. The one who gets #1 of every limited model (including platinum and Tourbillon) is a client at 5th avenue NYC.
    I'm sure in Asia, there are the equivalent clients who get #8, ... And then clients with "lucky numbers "
    If you request a specific number, omega must first verify that there's no other requests for that number.

The models are not made in chronological order.

Edited Jun 28, 2016
  11. leetse2 Jun 28, 2016

I'm sure @Superdoc could give you a sense of where the first batch of pieces go.

12. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

In typical Omega Limited watch release style.......does it come with a 'large' presentation box and extra gadgets. Or not known at this point?

13. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

I've seen the box. It ist a nice one, an there is a booklet, where your exakt model is listed alongside with the specific number etc. But it is by far not so cool as the spectre or snoopy was. There are no extra badges, straps, changing tooly etc. The watch itself is absolutely stunning indeed !

Yes superdoc is right, they had to check the number I'd wished to get first. Luckily nobody wanted it :)

14. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

That's fine. Was just curious. The watch speaks for itself. For me its certainly one of the most modern watches that I have seen which I love the look of.

15. BruceTheManLee Jun 28, 2016

Good to hear that they're trickling out albeit in very small quantities. Hopefully they will ship a few to the OB in NY (5th Ave).

16. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

As we have heard from Superdoc it is possible that No. 1 will go to 5th Ave ;-) I think the OB in Zurich Bahnhofstrasse normally gets the most pieces. At the same street are at lest 2 other AD who gets at least one piece (but I think Bucherer will get even more).

17. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

Let's see what happens I guess re the availability. And the reaction in the market when they all get swallowed up and into the hands of customers.

18. BruceTheManLee Jun 28, 2016

Hopefully they will ship 10-15 pieces along with the 001 to 5th Ave ;-)
    Getting the CK2998 along with my other pieces that I picked up earlier this year will finish/complete my quota for watches this year!

Just Livin likes this.
  19. CK2998 Jun 28, 2016

It would be intersting if somebody could presente some quotes, how the 2998 pieces get divided all over the world. I assume that Switzerland and Singapure will get the most, followed up by the rest of the Chinese market. Than probably US.

20. Just Livin Jun 28, 2016

I have this odd sense that the OB's are allocated an amount each. Certainly my local OB advised me they were allocated only one. Then its up to the OB to place the order...very much a first come first serve at that point.
    Just a sense from the conversation I had this morning. The OB placed a call to Head Office to confirm if there was still availability to complete their allocation.
    Why some get more allocations than others who knows. I guess thats down to the turnover the actual OB performs at.
    But for sure it would be good to know if there is an authority on the topic.