Forums Latest Members

AMAZING condition. UNPOLISHED case. Discuss...

1. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 21, 2020

OK CHAPS!

IT STOPS! Publicly bashing someones post is not allowed. Feel free to message the seller and discuss the potential issues but don't hang all the washing out to dry here!

If it carries on it will be locked. Some well known members should know better too!

If that was one of your posts each and everyone of you would be pissed and im pretty sure you would be messaging the mods.

DONT CROSS THIS LINE

MaiLollo, queriver, UncleBuck and 7 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. May 21, 2020

Eeek. Feel free to delete this post.

I explicitly didn’t comment in his listing - that is not allowed. I was under impression that a listing can be discussed in a dedicated thread. I wouldn’t see any issue if my sales posts were discussed publicly, as long as it’s in a dedicated thread and constructive.

That listing was very wrong - got better now.

Mea culpa and I won’t ever open such a thread anymore.

JanV, Archer, Hnansen and 6 others like this.
  3. mjb May 21, 2020

We didn't know it was a forum for sale post... :(

JanV likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal May 21, 2020

Glad @Brianstoops took the comments in stride- way to show class, man!

JanV, ConElPueblo, queriver and 8 others like this.
  5. Dan S May 21, 2020

According to the rules in the Sales Forum, it's ok as long as the tone is appropriate. Since some members didn't realize that the listing was on OF, the tone of some comments was probably inappropriate.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/ple...s-rules-for-all-listings-inc-parts-wtb.54177/
    "You can of course openly discuss the item in question publicly , but not in the sales post . Such discussions are to be respectful and non-accusatory. Serious concerns should be directed in reports to staff."

kov likes this.
  6. kov Trüffelschwein. May 21, 2020

Thanks, that’s exactly what I had in mind when I opened this thread.

It is a forum to talk about watches - I had a doubt about the condition of this case described as UNPOLISHED and got my doubts confirmed. Thanks to those who commented with pictures and showed evidence. :thumbsup:

There’s certainly a number of threads that are of zero interest to you, I am sorry if you feel obliged reading or commenting ;)

973AA57A-7BB8-4ED9-AB7A-41F7DBCD0555.jpeg

7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus May 21, 2020

There's a hyperlink to sales post in the OP's post. It's still there in fact, just click the arrow.
    My opinion the OP could have informed the seller via personal message (PM) about the description of the watch.

sdre, Brianstoops and neilfrancis like this.
  8. kov Trüffelschwein. May 21, 2020

There’s no more. Edited. :thumbsup:

9. mjb May 21, 2020

Well we will all be more careful next time.

I'm just happy this isn't that "other" watch forum, we'd all be banned by now.

LOL j/k I love that forum, it's just that they're quick with the hammer!

10. ExpiredWatchdog May 21, 2020

EEEK! BANNED!

And on my 200th post:(

Oh, post 203. Wheew!

Sorry OF, I had no idea we were talking about a watch being offered here. Lesson learned.

Uhh, by the way, how we gonna tell in the future?

Edited May 21, 2020
  11. JwRosenthal May 21, 2020

My old boss used to always warn me about talking about others- you never know when someone is listening. I went to lunch with some co-workers at a restaurant across the street from work many years ago. We started blowing off steam about the new director of the agency- we got rather nasty. The next day my boss called me into his office...he got a phone call....yeah.....next booth. I always look around before I trash talk.

Archer and Brianstoops like this.
  12. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2020

You are open to discuss anything but within a ‘tolerable’ level.

This whole thing would have been far better if someone had of messaged the OP saying ‘are you sure it’s unpolished? Look at this example here’ instead a public bashing ensued.

Discuss away but keep it as it should be! We are not the ‘other’ forum and we very rarely lock down threads or ban members and before we do it’s discussed with all the mods sat on zoom for 5 hours in a conference call.... ok maybe not, but it is discussed.

Stay safe out there people and remember if you can’t be good be careful!

Deafboy, kov and Brianstoops like this.
  13. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 22, 2020

I learned this lesson a while ago. I looked around the restaurant, all clear! My group then began complaining in earnest. 30 minutes later, the object of our complaints came in and sat at the next table. Her friend had apparently got there early, I guess to hold the table and enjoy a quiet drink by herself. No blowback, so maybe we were talking quietly enough, still... ::facepalm2::

JwRosenthal and Archer like this.
  14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 22, 2020

I believe on the island of Great Wakanda that’s a delicacy sold as ‘Vinegar Chips’...

neilfrancis likes this.
  15. JwRosenthal May 22, 2020

Also what we joked was the secret ingredient used in a popular Mexican beer that is getting a lot of press right now... rhymes with Sharona.

neilfrancis and eugeneandresson like this.
  16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' May 22, 2020

Difference being, I really love Vinegar Chips :D

neilfrancis and JwRosenthal like this.